You will find the latest news and what is happening at Affilorama here. Any new announcements will be posted here before anywhere else.

Critical IE Bug Confirmed! Use Firefox, at least for now

faradina
Trust:

Critical IE Bug Confirmed! Use Firefox, at least for now

Hi All, thought it would be best to alert you to this, as it is a bug that makes your Windows system vulnerable to hijacking.

Researchers confirm Googler's Internet Explorer bug.

IE users, best switch to Mozilla Firefox, at least until after this bug has been fixed.
Last edited by sydney on 05 Apr 11 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: 404 link fixed

PremiumMember
sirmatts
Trust:
well hasnt IE just been just a bug since day 1 :)
Best thing ever since sliced bread! Seriously this spinner is 20 Years ahead of TheBestSpinner. Get a Massive 70% Launch Discount ->http://www.inwrk.info/realbestspinner

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
True!! Use firefox anyway, it is 1000 times better than IE ever will be, even if they never update it again.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

PremiumMember
thebigventure
Trust:
also chrome is good ive found
http://www.TheBigVenture.com - Started 6 years ago...finally making $15,000+ per month now!

faradina
Trust:
Yes, chrome is good but I am rather wary of it as I am thinking whether or not google is tracking my browser activities and if yes, what they would be doing with such information. With firefox I do not have such worries.
kakaboo
Trust:
faradina wrote:Yes, chrome is good but I am rather wary of it as I am thinking whether or not google is tracking my browser activities and if yes, what they would be doing with such information. With firefox I do not have such worries.

I just realized Google is really sneaky!

Although IE really sucks, but I have gotten too accustomed to it to change browsers...
faradina
Trust:
kakaboo wrote:I just realized Google is really sneaky!

I didn't mean to say or imply that they are. It's just this paranoid side of me thinking of whether they do or do not track my activities.
PremiumMember
sirmatts
Trust:
I hate to be political correct so Im going a bit further here than Fara :)
In my humble opinion Google is nothing else than worlds biggest spyware company. There are a lot of experts that argues that they don´t even knows how to spell the word "privacy policy".

On so so many occasions they have proved that they are willing to do a lot of questionable actions to track user data. A few examples…
For instance with Google toolbar you are sending data to Google that’s the point of most Toolbars, they don’t develop them just for being nice, everything is about ROI. However there is a Disable Toolbar function within Google Toolbar so you would think switching to that setting would disable your toolbar. Some Geeks have proven that the toolbar is still sending data to google servers even if you have Disable checked.
Link: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/01/27 ... _disabled/
But after that was discovered they changed it. That has more less been the pattern all the time. They do something “questionable” until someone figures it out and starts to complain….

Some years ago they saved all your visited urls in Google Web history. I Was shocked when I found all my visited urls on google server and the funny thing is that they are stored by default when you were logged in. However now after they let you choose if you want to activate google web history or not. But at that time they probably wanted more user data into their data centers so they did hide it well and track data of people.

Google brings the most awsomest services to the web for free which is amazing, but never underestimate why they are doing it…..

There is also a lot of debate whatever Google Crome is tracking data or not. There is a nice alternative called Chromeplus which is built around the open source Chromium by Google.
Best thing ever since sliced bread! Seriously this spinner is 20 Years ahead of TheBestSpinner. Get a Massive 70% Launch Discount ->http://www.inwrk.info/realbestspinner

kakaboo
Trust:
faradina wrote:
kakaboo wrote:I just realized Google is really sneaky!

I didn't mean to say or imply that they are. It's just this paranoid side of me thinking of whether they do or do not track my activities.

I know that :) but I still think they do track a lot of your activities if you are using any of their tools..
faradina
Trust:
I do tend to strive to be PC :)

This topic was started on Jan 06, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.