You will find the latest news and what is happening at Affilorama here. Any new announcements will be posted here before anywhere else.

Can California Residents Do Affiliate Marketing?

atosa.moayedi
Trust:

Can California Residents Do Affiliate Marketing?

Hi every body,
anyone knows about kinds of affiliate marketing restriction in some US states such as California. I would be grateful to have a clear response.
PremiumMember
rmsabo
Trust:
For Amazon.com, if your state charges sales tax for internet purchases, they won't let you join their associates program for receiving commissions. If you are an associate already, you will lose your associate status.
atosa.moayedi
Trust:
thanks rmsabo,

But is this only for Amazon??? so I can work with other product?
lcortezbarcelo
Trust:
where can I check about the taxes for internet sales in the United states. Im from another country but I have an account in the USA so I want to earn my commissions in that account. How can I check declare my taxes? I have my account in Arizona. Do they have restrictions about amazon and clickbank?

thanks
PremiumMember
rmsabo
Trust:
atosa.moayedi wrote:thanks rmsabo,

But is this only for Amazon??? so I can work with other product?

I only know about Amazon's policy because my associate status was removed. Clickbank is fine. I don't have any experience with other affiliate programs so I don't know their policies.
flashcraft
Trust:
@rmsabo, wait a minute. Are you saying that as a California inmate I can't be an Amazon affiliate and earn commissions on products sold through my affiliate links? The latest Associates Operating Agreement (Feb. 12th 2014) says: "In addition, if at any time following your enrollment in the Program you become a resident of Arkansas, Colorado, Maine, Minnesota, Missouri, or Rhode Island, you will become ineligible to participate in the Program, and this Operating Agreement will automatically terminate, on the date you establish residency in that state."
There's no mention of the People's Republic of China, I mean, California and I'm still getting my Monthly report for Amazon.com Associates at least, I think so. I'm not promoting any Amazon stuff now. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Bill
PremiumMember
rmsabo
Trust:
I should have stated that I live in Minnesota. If you live in California you should be fine.

This topic was started on Apr 14, 2014 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.