You will find the latest news and what is happening at Affilorama here. Any new announcements will be posted here before anywhere else.

Boxing Day Earthquake Damaged Our Christchurch Offices

faradina
Trust:

Boxing Day Earthquake Damaged Our Christchurch Offices

I so hate to be the bearer of bad news but it can't be helped. I really have to let you guys and gals know seeing that you are like family and all that. The Boxing Day earthquake damaged our offices in Christchurch so badly that we cannot work from there anymore.

So Christchurch-based staff are currently working from various locations. We are looking for new offices and there's one that's looking good but management will have to inspect it a second time before deciding. It may well be at least two weeks before we can move into a new office.

P.S.: Everyone is fine, so do not worry :). Also, our capacity to provide support is not affected and it will be business as usual as far as the support team is concerned.
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Wow... I thought it had been quiet from down there, but I just dismissed it as the "normal" break that time of year! Glad to hear all are safe. Best of luck to Mark and staff in finding a new place for the office!

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

kakaboo
Trust:
hmm wow there's 2 earthquakes near christchurch in just a span of 4-6months? There was one in august if I remember correctly..

Sometimes I am really glad I live in a country where it is free from natural disasters! hope you all recover soon!
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Kakaboo, I think they've been feeling shocks ever since the one in August, if I remember what I've heard right.
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
The last strong earthquake happened in the 4th of September 2010: Earthquake in Christchurch, New Zealand

Good thing no one was in the office when the earthquake happened. We hope we'll find a new and better office soon :)
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

PremiumMember
thebigventure
Trust:
I offer my best wishes during this time. I'm assuming the clean up must be well underway or even finished. And good luck finding a new office :)
http://www.TheBigVenture.com - Started 6 years ago...finally making $15,000+ per month now!

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Sorry to hear that. I hope you guys find a new office soon, and things calm down. I know it can be really stressful to deal with on top of everything else you have going on.

let us know what is going on and if there is anything you need.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

faradina
Trust:
There are still aftershocks. You can read about them on

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/canterbur ... ristchurch

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/artic ... d=10700802

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaki ... 5991525474

Having to live with aftershocks for up to a year after the main quake is something that would really stress me out, specially as those aftershocks aren't mild at all, and that's putting it mildly.

The fact that I am now confined to my bed because of flu (but still working, with my laptop on the sick tray. The workaholic in me refuses to rest) seems to be insignificant in light of those quakes.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
thanks Fara. And take good care of yourself... :) get well soon. hope you feel better.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

faradina
Trust:
Thank you, James. I do. Take care of myself, I mean. When I feel strong enough to sit up, I get to work. But the moment I feel woozy, I stop working and go to sleep :)

Working beats feeling sorry for myself for being unable to get up and walk around :)
battra
Trust:
Take care, Fara! Hope you get better soon and good luck in finding a new office :-)
faradina
Trust:
The good news is that we now have a new office location. It's in Ferrymead and construction of the sound room, server room and offices is ongoing. We hope to have moved in by the first week of March.
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Yay!! Good news! :D

This topic was started on Jan 11, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.