You will find the latest news and what is happening at Affilorama here. Any new announcements will be posted here before anywhere else.

Another Earthquake in Christchurch :(

faradina
Trust:

Another Earthquake in Christchurch :(

We have heard that there has been another earthquake in Christchurch. Phone lines and internet there are down right now so we do not have any specific details yet about the situation of our Christchurch-based colleagues.

I just hope and pray that everyone's alright.
ajconline
Trust:
We are starting to get news in Australia that people have died and severe devastation has taken place in Christchurch.

Not good.
faradina
Trust:
I have also been monitoring the news and it was a 6.3 magnitude earthquake that hit 10 kilometers south-east of the city at 23:51 GMT. The spire of the Christchurch Cathedral collapsed and the city’s hospital was also being evacuated. The airport has been closed.
joshuas
Trust:
Just got word from my family there that they're safe, thank God. Information is still sketchy though. You can go here for some latest update - http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10707997

Already several deaths reported I think and more buildings have collapsed completely.

Joshua
Last edited by sydney on 25 Mar 11 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed broken link

aveya marketing
Trust:
My heart goes out to them..

peace and love
lyndaj
Trust:
You must have been so relieved to hear your family is safe Joshua. I pray that all other NZ Affilorama members will be able to say the same. Im sure Mark, his family and staff are okay, but it will be a huge relief to know for sure.
lmr499
Trust:
So sad to hear this news and that people have lost thier lives - Just to say my thoughts are with everyone in NZ. Do hope Mark, his family and everyone at Affilo are ok.

best wishes
Lynda
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Fara,
This is just terrible news.
Have you heard from Mark and his family?
Are they ok?
What about the Affilo staff?

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

kamj79
Trust:
Such sad News just woke up to the terrible news, my thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected and to those that have lost loved ones.

I hope all the staff and Mark and his family are ok.

Kerry
chrism78
Trust:
Here's hoping the Affilorama team are safe, and this is the last of the earthquakes for a long time.
dclark
Trust:
I hope that Mark, the Affilorama team and their families are alright in Christchurch.

You are all in our thoughts and prayers.
mattyk72
Trust:
Really hope that everyone is okay.
marc.wille
Trust:
Sure hope you all are ok down there. Good luck the comming hours and days..
evobilly
Trust:
i heard from the staff in chch and there all ok so thats good news
For the best guide to sell physcal products as a affiliate check out Matt Carters Rapid Profit Formula http://online-income-masters.com/getrapidprofitformula.php

If your having trouble re-writing your articles i recommend checking out this tool to make it quick and easy http://goto2.com/rewriter

If you want to outsource your articles this place seems to be good value and easy to deal with, and its free to sign up they offer a 100% American writing team http://bit.ly/bhv4Fu

1scorer
Trust:
EvoBilly wrote:i heard from the staff in chch and there all ok so thats good news

That's great news!
marisca
Trust:
Good to hear that!
aveya marketing
Trust:
This is the best community forum looking out for each other, and the team.
jacaranda
Trust:
thank God they're alright, but i feel bad because of the loss of lives.
newbie-friendly Membership site for Niche Marketing:

-> http://www.nicheproftclassroom.com/

sub-zero
Trust:
I live in Wellington so we are not directly affected by the quake but we do have family and friends in Christchurch. Getting hold of family is difficult. The best way to contact people is to use text messaging or, believe it or not, FaceBook.

Our local news channels have done a good job of keeping people informed, especially TV3 but I found that the best information was actually coming from CNN. So between CNN and FaceBook you should be able to get a good idea of the current status.

This earth quake was far more devastating than the one that hit Christchurch on 4th September last year; while not as big, 6.3 magnitude, the epicenter was much closer to the city and not as deep. To add to this it happened in the middle of the day, around lunch time Tuesday (NZ time) so many people were in their offices. This time there are fatalities and there are still many people missing, buried under rubble. One thing that will really affect the people of Christchurch is the collapse of the spire on the Cathedral as this is the centre of Christchurch. Rescue crews are working around the clock to recover as many people as possible. A number of emergency centres have been set up in parks. Fortunately facilities had been set up for the Elderslie Flower show so these are now being used as refuge centres. The Army were in Littleton getting ready to deploy for an annual exercise so they have now been diverted to the rescue effort. I know that we are also getting some additional support from Australian rescue teams; good on ya Ozzie.

My prayers and best wishes are with the people of Christchurch and especially Mark and his family. Cantabrians are a resilient bunch so while things are extremely difficult now I know that they will come through it and they will do it with the support of the rest of New Zealand. We are a small country but we are strong because we support each other, especially in a time of crisis.

Cheers,
John
John Albrett
Director
Orinoco Limited
John.Albrett@live.com

PremiumMember
simonq
Trust:
Hi everyone in Chch. Mark and the team. I hope all you guys and you're family and friends are okay. I really hope everyone is okay. I'm going on to facebook now to see if anyone of my friends in chch have posted any news. I can't believe this is happening.
jammin140900
Trust:
Hope Mark, the team and all their families are safe.

You are in our prayers.
PremiumMember
simonq
Trust:
Just found a link which shows all the earthquake activity in New Zealand. There must be two dozen earthquakes (including aftershocks) They're still getting them two, three or four every hour. Even now at midnight while most of them are in bed. I wonder how many people won't be able to sleep tonight... http://www.geonet.org.nz/earthquake/qua ... uakes.html
faradina
Trust:
Simon Slade posted this on Facebook using his iPhone:

"Quick update: all staff alive and well. Will keep you all posted as details come to hand. Stay safe."

Here's the link to the Facebook update:
http://www.facebook.com/doubledotmedia/ ... 2616206016
awb
Trust:
Truly, sad news! I pray that Mark and family are safe and all affilorama members there! Let's all remember to pray for eachother during these troubled times, and be willing to offer a helping hand where it is needed!
guitarjoe
Trust:
I'm so glad that they're all safe. They'll all be in my prayers.
jjperkins
Trust:
So good to hear that, thanks Fara.

Not being a news watcher only just heard about this happening again, terrible.

Our thoughts are with all those affected, affilorama members or not.

joshuas
Trust:
@lyndaj definitely a relieve to know they're safe. :)

@jta001 hope your friends and family are safe and sound.

Simon Slade posted this on Facebook using his iPhone:

"Quick update: all staff alive and well. Will keep you all posted as details come to hand. Stay safe."

That's really great news to hear. Let's all continue to keep them and all the people in Christchurch in our prayers. These earthquakes are so unpredictable they could happen anytime and many are probably still trapped under rubble.

Joshua
kimsmith
Trust:
Praying for Christchurch and all its people. Hope Mark and his family are ok and if so that we hear from him soon.
PremiumMember
kristine
Trust:
Just heard the news this morning about the earthquake - and immediately thought of everyone at Affilorama. So glad to hear everyone is all right - my prayers go out to those who have not been so lucky. How heartbreaking - especially so soon since the last one.
naomia
Trust:
Hope everyone is OK - thinking of you all - hope noone if hurt!
Naomi
jpastorizo
Trust:
I just read this terrible news from Yahoo when I got to work @ 6am here in east Los Angeles. It's great news and a relief to know that all Affilorama staff are alive and well, but saddened that already more than 60 people have lost their lives. Let's keep praying for our fellow members' safety in NZ.

Renato
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

caroln
Trust:
faradina wrote:Simon Slade posted this on Facebook using his iPhone:

Here's the link to the Facebook update:
http://www.facebook.com/doubledotmedia/ ... 2616206016

Oh, that's a big relief! Happy to know the entire Affilorama team is safe. My thoughts and prayers go out for all the other Affilorama members who are in Christchurch or have loved ones living there. I hope everyone's ok.

Carol
Are you new to affiliate marketing and struggling to make money online? Find out how you can quit your day job in a month's time and earn some REAL MONEY at www.myaffiliategurus.com

propertyvestors
Trust:
I also heard last night of the big earthquake in Christ Church and there have been several deaths. I hope all is well at your end. My prayers are with you.

Lovee
PremiumMember
bblackwell
Trust:
I was horrified when I heard NZ got hit again!

All of us here at ClickBank send our best wishes to Mark, Simon and the team, as well as all those affected by the quake.
Client Knowledge Guru at ClickBank - Follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/beaublackwell or www.twitter.com/clickbank
For more help with ClickBank check out www.clickbank.com/blog or www.clickbank.com/help
Please note that my postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions or positions of ClickBank.

esolutions
Trust:
Good to hear that everyone is safe!
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
This has been really bad for you guys., I know you guys were already getting moved into the new offices too.
Glad to hear everyone is safe, hope you guys come through all this okay.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

basio18
Trust:
So good to hear you guys are allright, this must be an enourmous shock to everyone. I feel sorry for all those who died in this and their family.
From France I would like to wish you all the best in Christchurch and good luck.
stargate66
Trust:
Very sad news...but great news to hear the Affilorama team is alright.

All Christchurchers are in our thoughts. It really looks bad this time.

William
For over all wellness you need a solid Omega 3 fatty acids intake
http://www.earth-edge.com

scsam
Trust:
Great to hear that everyone is safe. Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone!
PremiumMember
sirmatts
Trust:
Glad To hear That you are safe. According to the news here other side of the globe it seems like this one was more devastating than the one 6 months ago. Hope you all are Good.
Best thing ever since sliced bread! Seriously this spinner is 20 Years ahead of TheBestSpinner. Get a Massive 70% Launch Discount ->http://www.inwrk.info/realbestspinner

dante515
Trust:
Wishing all to be Safe & Well during this trying experience.
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
This is like the third major one (with several minor ones) in 6 months isn't it? 3rd one I've heard about, with the other two being the first one in September and Boxing day one in late December. Hope things start calming down real soon for you guys. Glad to hear the Double Dot staff are alive and well. Our thoughts are with you and your families.

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

linconian
Trust:
I was relieved to here that Mark, the Affilorama team and their families are alright.

The 6 pm (GMT) news here in the UK showed the devistation being filmed as it was happening.

Truly heart braking.
Michael

moxy62
Trust:
Very happy to hear all affilorama staff and families are well but of course sorry about the fatalities and injuries. My prayers are with all.
doodikins2
Trust:
My thoughts are with the people of NZ. Such a relief to hear that Mark and all staff are OK. You are all in my prayers.
Anna Natille

alexm
Trust:
All you people down there just hold on! Our prayers are with you. If we can help anyhow, feel free to tell. We are community like no other in a world, an we will stick together and pass thru all of this together. My toughts are with you whole day. All Christchurchers are in our thoughts. Be strong.
charlesp
Trust:
Our thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in Christchurch.

Charles Pennison
sebasleo
Trust:
We are thinking of you all. Estamos pensando en todos.
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Thank you so much for your prayers. Mark has sent an email saying that all Affilorama staff and families are safe.
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

gbtop1
Trust:
I was shocked to hear that Christchurch has been hit again and sad to hear of the fatalities. My thoughts are with you all.
Glad to hear that Mark , his family and the Affilorama team are OK
Graham in UK
http://www.GermanShepherdDogsToday.com Don't You Just Love Them!

jason227
Trust:
Hey Everyone

Really glad over the ditch here in Oz to here Mark and the team and all their families are okay. Makes you glad to know all we have to deal with are fires and floods and cyclones. Seriously though, just want to let you all over in NZ know that our thoughts and our hearts are with you. We know you'll get through this, and if you need a shoulder to lean on, we're here for you.
stacierunner
Trust:
My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone at Affilorama staff as well as all residents of Christchurch.

Upon hearing about the earthquake, I had to log into Affilorama to see what the news was. It's almost as
if some of my family is there, even though I'm in Michigan, U.S.
Fancy up your iPad with accessories from http://www.greatipadstuff.com

Go green http://www.greenerlifesite.com

accent09
Trust:
I did the same thing. When I heard this morning about the earthquake I came right here to the forum to check for news about Mark and the Affilorama crew but there was nothing then. So I came back now and I am very happy that they are ok.

Viola
from Canada
breezin
Trust:
Iv seen the devastation on TV its much worse than the last earth quack and its going to take years of rebuilding.
My thoughts and Prayers are with you all during this sad time.
PremiumMember
spartan
Trust:
I'm very glad to hear that the Affilorama team and their families are all safe. This video I found on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBaB5UwokHA gives you some idea of what they are all dealing with on a personal level.
facts101
Trust:
I'm really glad to hear that Mark and the team are well. I pray for all those involved that they receive help quickly. Also, thanks to those who posted the links for updates.
faradina
Trust:
Mark took some photos of Christchurch after the quake. You can see them at

http://www.goto2.com/quake2

It certainly does not look good over there.
Site Admin
jonathan_l
Trust:
Hey guys,

One of the Christchurch Staff Members here, just checking in; I and my family are safe and well.

Just quickly: it was certainly havoc in the office when the quake hit - at first I thought it was just another aftershock, but I very quickly realised otherwise. However we all got out of the building safely (as did everyone in our neighboring offices), with very minor injuries (a couple of bumped heads getting under desks), and managed to get in contact with our loved ones and leave for our respective homes very shortly after.

We didn't get any photos, but I can tell you there is equipment all over the floor; I couldn't believe how far some stuff flew (I had a laptop on the desk next to me which ended upside down a good couple of meters away on the floor); fortunately, although I don't want to speculate too much, I believe the office is mostly fine; it is, however, completely inaccessible (the street in question was under at least 20cm of water when we left it)

I've seen some of the damage downtown firsthand and it is complete and utter havoc. One particularly striking moment was when I walked past a church, and could see straight through it because the brickwork had largely collapsed. I also ended up walking down a street on my way home, where the two lanes in the road had separated heightways by half a meter.

Hopefully you'll receive an official update from Mark in the next few days, although power, water and phone access is still progressively being restored across the city, and he has his family to take care of, so he may not have an opportunity for a little while.

While we here at Affilorama Christchurch are fine, my thoughts (and, I'm sure, the thoughts of my co-workers) go out to those less fortunate.

Thank you for your kind wishes; we will keep you posted as often as we can.
Kiaora; Kia Kaha.

Jonathan Love
faradina
Trust:
@Jonathan, it's so good to see a post here from a Christchurch-based colleague!!!

Although we already knew from Simon that all staff there are safe, actually hearing from you is very good indeed.

@All, I have received quite a few emails in support from people asking about what they can do to help those affected in Christchurch. I told them I will look around; I did and found this:

Christchurch quake: How you can help
sonitin
Trust:
Relieved to hear all is ok, checking out the help link now.
"offshoreally.com" - One click for all outsourcing requirements including bookmarking, submissions, dedicated staff, link building..

Looking for a qualified virtual assistant to help you with your work? Click here - "offshoreally.com/internet-marketing-outsourcing-seo/virtual-assistant-link-building"

Enter The" Bad Ass" SEO Guest Blogging Contest to WIN CASH PRIZES http://bit.ly/9knBFs

PM me for coupon codes!

smp063
Trust:
Glad to hear everyone there at affillo is safe and ok, apart from all the devastation. Here in Queensland we have just gone through floods and a massive cyclone, destruction everywhere as well. Our hearts go out to the NZer's Take care and stay safe, buildings, roads, houses can be rebuilt, look after yourselves & loved ones.
Steven :)
All you need to know when planning one of the most important times of your life http://www.squidoo.com/preparing-your-body-for-pregnancy

PremiumMember
kieran
Trust:
Thank God Mark and all the NZ Affilorama crew are safe. Here in the UK we have been very worried until we heard you were OK. Our hearts and prayers go out to all those who have or are suffering as a result of the quake.
Kieran

www.moneymakingbuzz.com - the Key to Online Wealth
www.buildthingsdirect.com - the Top Site for Home Improvement Projects

PremiumMember
virginiap
Trust:
Hopefully full recovery is well on it's way! You are all in my prayers! We await any word from your end. Please keep us posted.
~Virginia Perl
VirginiaP, The Barefoot Affiliate

There are as many weight loss diet plans as there are bathroom scales in the world, but only one way to keep the weight off for good!

http://www.yourweightlossdepot.com

laimonas
Trust:
I'm glad and thanks God that everyone of affilorama staff and Mark with his family are safe. For few days wasn't watching
tv, so when I turned on news today heard that sad news about earthquake. Great that now everybody is fine, and sorry for other people who wasn't lucky.
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
It's good to hear from you, Jonathan! We heard you were near the city during the earthquake which got hit pretty bad. We're glad that you are and your family are okay :)

Stay safe!
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

faradina
Trust:
In behalf of all Christchurch-based staff, I thank everyone for your support. I have just gone through a humongous number of emails (in the Traffic Travis support email system) from people expressing their concern and very good wishes.
rivihe
Trust:
All the best to everyone down in Christchurch, Affilorama and others. I am glad to hear all the staff and families are accounted for. It is extremely moving seeing all the help people are getting.

Hope things start getting better soon, be strong.

Kia Kaha
rlcook
Trust:
I am currently in London but its so sad looking back at my home town that I am taking 2 weeks off work and returning to Christchurch to volunteer in the clean up and at the emergency shelters if they let me. I will be in Chch 28th Feb to 12th March, I would like to pop into Affilorama and say hi, hopefully you are all ok there.
faradina
Trust:
Earlier today all Doubledot Media websites were taken offline in commemoration of earthquake victims. For those who did not see our message on our websites during that time, here it is:

Remembering Christchurch Earthquake Victims

At 12.51pm on 22nd February 2011 Christchurch, New Zealand was hit by a devastating 6.3
earthquake which has so far claimed the lives of over 150 people with many more still missing.

We have decided to take our websites offline for 2mins to pay our respects to all people affected.

Donations are very much appreciated by everyone in Christchurch, New Zealand.

You can donate to the Red Cross here: http://www.redcross.org.nz/donate

johntig
Trust:
I pray for all of the victims of the recent natural disasters across the world.. Crazy times were living in =[

faradina wrote:We have heard that there has been another earthquake in Christchurch. Phone lines and internet there are down right now so we do not have any specific details yet about the situation of our Christchurch-based colleagues.

I just hope and pray that everyone's alright.

This topic was started on Feb 22, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.