You will find the latest news and what is happening at Affilorama here. Any new announcements will be posted here before anywhere else.

Affilotheme vs. Affilorama Premium

PremiumMember
sierracommerceco
Trust:

Affilotheme vs. Affilorama Premium

Good morning all...at least here in the US.
I signed up for the Premium package and also signed up for the hosting package as well. I started the step by step process of building my website. As I was looking through other products from Affilorama, I came across the Affilotheme product. What is the difference between building my site through the Affilorama Hosting and purchasing the Affilotheme, where it looks like it might be an easier route to build my site.

Thanks for any and all suggestions

Jason
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
AffiloTheme is our own theme for WordPress, designed for building affiliate sites. It contains a lot of fancy gadgets that are specifically designed to simplify things for affiliates... like a built-in header image creator, squeeze page generator, and a whole bunch of different layout options in the one theme.

Affilorama Premium is more advanced training than what we offer in the Affilorama Free membership, and it also contains free hosting, but it doesn't come with AffiloTheme.

AffiloTheme doesn't contain much training beyond how to set up a website using the theme itself... just the technical stuff. You don't learn as much strategy, and if you're just getting started as an affiliate, that's a huge part of what you need to learn. It's great if you already know what you're doing -- which products you're going to promote, how you're going to promote them, how you're going to get traffic, etc. But if you're just starting out, you probably want a bit more hand-holding than that. (I know I would!)

If you were strongly considering getting AffiloTheme, and you still want training as well, what I would really recommend is getting AffiloBlueprint. It's our most comprehensive training course (goes into greater depth / more detail than the Premium training), and it also comes bundled with AffiloTheme. AffiloTheme is $97, AffiloBlueprint is $197, so you're only paying an extra hundy for the full-on training course.

Here's a post another member made today about his experience with AffiloBlueprint. (Although he's referring to an earlier version which starred me :)

AffiloJetpack also comes bundled with AffiloTheme, but it's quite a lot more expensive and you don't get the same amount of training. It's great for people who have already been through AffiloBlueprint and know what to do with the gobsmacking array of content it gives you.

Hope that clears things up a bit for you. Do you think you're more interested in the technical side of building a website, or are you starting from scratch and needing training in the other parts of affiliate marketing as well?
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

PremiumMember
sierracommerceco
Trust:
Hey thanks for the help. I guess what I'm looking for is a quick way to build a website so that I can start writing some articles and reviews. We own a Sports Web store and are currently getting learned up on Adsense and getting some affiliate products on there as well. (non-conflicting products). But we thought it might be cool to set up a separate affiliate sight in the same niche and promote some health and nutrition products as well as linking to our main commerce site. We had a designer build are current commerce site, and we are not too web design savvy. So if affilotheme can make the process simple that would be great. Getting Affiloblueprint sounds interesting as well just to learn more about affiliate marketing. Does it have info for mastering AdSense as well in the package?

Thanks for your help!!

Jason
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Jason,

AffiloBlueprint 3.0 is a complete "over-the-shoulder" training system. It takes you from having no knowledge of affiliate marketing (although you sound like you've got a bit of prior knowledge, which is great) all the way through to building a profitable niche site. From keyword research, to SEO, and PPC, AffiloBlueprint basically covers the lot.

I'm afraid Affiloblueprint doesn't have any in-depth lessons on Adwords. The lessons are focused on researching, building and driving traffic to an affiliate site.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
To Clarify Cecille, AffiloBlueprint doesn't cover ADSENSE. It does cover AdWords in quite some depth.

All these products with similar names... I'm always saying AffiloTheme when I mean AffiloTools ;)

The reason we don't talk much about AdSense in AffiloBlueprint is that except in very specific situations where you've got a large volume of traffic going to your site and it's built around a topic that has extremely competitive (and therefore well-paying) paid ads, you're not going to be able to make as much money as you could by promoting affiliate products.

Put it this way: When affiliates put so much effort into getting visitors, it seems a shame to earn a few cents from an AdSense click when you could have potentially earned twenty, fifty, a hundred bucks from sending them to an affiliate product.

Not to say that it won't be a fun thing to try on your site... you should try everything, any chance you get.
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
@Aletta -Yes, AdSense was what I meant. :) Thanks!

You both have a great weekend!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

feelfreedom
Trust:
Hi Aletta,

I purchased affilojetpack a few years ago and I don't seem to be able to find or install afillotheme to my wp, I am hosting with afillojet too.

I donwloaded the affilotheme lates version link I found, but then when trying to import to wp it tells me it needs a .tar (or .var?) file and I cannot find it in the folder I downloaded...can you help me?
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi feelfreedom,

I apologize for any inconvenience or confusion caused. You do not need to install the Affilotheme as all sites hosted on Affilojetpack Lite Hosting comes pre-installed with Affilotheme.

You need to upload a theme profile (.tar file) though. You can find this on the Theme Profiles folder of the jetpack download for your niche. On the Affilojetpack members area, click on the Download Content button of the niche that you unlocked/choose. You will find the Theme Profiles on the page that comes up.

I appreciate your patience and hope that helps. All the best!
Cecille

feelfreedom
Trust:
Hi Cecille,

Thanks so much for your reply, I have submitted support tickets because now I cannot even access my site through wp-admin :-(

Regards,

Vicky
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Vicky,

I'm sorry to hear that. Is the issue with the Affilotheme resolved now?

I appreciate your patience and hope to hear from you soon. All the best!
Cecille

feelfreedom
Trust:
Hi Cecile,

No luck yet. But I had already submitted support tickets and they are still working on my case.

Thanks!

This topic was started on Jul 24, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.