You will find the latest news and what is happening at Affilorama here. Any new announcements will be posted here before anywhere else.

Affilorama becoming free

Site Admin
markling
Trust:

Affilorama becoming free

Hi guys,

Most of you will be aware by now that we're closing the doors on Affilorama to new members (you guys can still get in) and making it free in a couple of months.

I've posted this on the blog but I thought I'd better stick up a note here as well. If you've got comments, suggestions, opinions, gripes, whatever about this new move... feel free to post them here. Like I said in the blog post, it's not all set in stone at this point, so your suggestions are very welcome (and encouraged!)

So... anything you've always wished for in Affilorama? Anything that drives you mad? Anything you can think of that would make things easier? Let us know!

Thanks guys,
Mark
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

carl
Trust:
Hi Mark,

That came as a great big suprise!! I have only just signed up! its not everyday that you get something for nothing...so thanks!

I had a load of Questions and was wondering if some of the support staff will be on hand to answer them still or are you closing everything down for a while?

My main question was, I am a martial arts instructor and would like to produce my own online step by step video tutorials. I am totally new to all of this web thing, but loving it! I have seen other "Martial Arts Experts" (and i use that term losely) providing just ebooks on "How to Disable an Opponent in a nanosecond" I would like to do something in the way that you have aproached it. With constant support...however is there something in the way that these guys are doing it as they seem to be doing it right, am I missing something?? their set up seems very easy....one page sales script, an auto responder to your first enquiry to sign up for a newsletter or some free stuff...or just go and buy the report for "JUST $20". Your advice would be very grateful!!

ps. I am from Liverpool, Uk but am living in Spain now, I notice the market for most things seem to point at the US, even most of the affiliate programs on offer seem to be US led. Should i cater for these more?

many thanks, wherever you are in the world (im sure your on your travels) if your ever in Mabella drop me a line!

Carl
superaff
Trust:
Wow! This will really help people. Plus I think it is an excellent marketing move: Affilorama is one of the greatest site on the net about affiliate marketing (I can't say the greatest because I didn't register for everything.. But why in the world I'd do this after affilorama?)

However, I only have two concerns:

1) Making it free will decrease the value of Affilorama.... Not because it's free instead of paid, BUT because the fact that it's free, student may NOT ACT on what you teach... I see this all the time.

2) Affilorama was the program I liked to promote in affiliate marketing. It's better than everything else... Sniff!

Can you help us on this?

3) What will be the future for affiloram affiliates? Should we completely stop to promote, or we have a chance with the waiting list.

Thank you Mark, and all the best with your business and in life in General. I understand that being 100% on the forum and taking care of everubody isn't possible... If you want to spent some time living your non IM life!

Let us know how it goes.
Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html

PremiumMember
erwin
Trust:
Hi Mark,

Why not works the way like 30 Day Challenge & Income.com to have most of the tutorials for free so that everyone can get benefits from it but for those looking for more advance things, they can opt for a monthly paid "Affilorama Premium Club", just like the 30 Day Challenge has the ImmediateEdge, and so do Income.com has the paid membership (according to JR) ?

Free actually comes with a price, less to no update, support and it's basically a community (forum) driven site, just like the 30 Days Challenge. It'll eventually becomes a place more for beginners. While it's good news for the newbies, but it certainly not the ground for people looking for more advance stuffs & techniques.

It actually not a big surprise to me to know that Affilorama comes to this end as I've joined a lot of membership sites (free/beta/lifetime/monthly) and experienced a lot of them come and go (it's life), the only sites that will last is the one that is significantly profitable to the owners and affiliates (and of course, offer tremendous value to the members to keep them staying every month).

just my 2 cents.

Anyway, best wishes to all.

Regards,
Erwin
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I think this will take the community to a new level. I hope we get a whole heap more guys (and gals) who are experienced.

Will be fun :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Carl - Great to have you on board. Don't worry... the forum is going to be staying active, so you're more than welcome to post your question in the relevant section :) Sounds like you're interested in producing your own product... I really recommend that you give things a go as an affiliate first, because that will teach you a LOT about internet marketing without the risk associated with producing your own product. It's like you're trying to go from A to Z without going through the rest of the alphabet. At the very least, make sure you've watched and understood all the videos and lessons here in Affilorama. It's all absolutely relevant to what you want to do.

Superaff - You've been with us for ages, so it really pains me to say this... but for the foreseeable future I don't think there will be anything happening with the affiliate program. There might come a time in the future when we produce another big product (I'm not ruling it out completely) but it's not in the pipeline at the moment.

Erwin - Like I said above, I'm not completely ruling out the possibility of there being another paid membership or product later on down the track, but it's not something we see in the immediate future.

I think your biggest worry is that the content of Affilorama is going to go down in calibre and be targeted more to newbies. I don't think that's going to happen to the extent you're fearing. We are hopefully going to be adding more content that will help the newbies, since (you may have noticed) we tend to see the same issues cropping up again and again with new members, and these haven't really been addressed in Affilorama yet.

But we will definitely keep on adding material for more advanced affiliates. While we hope that there will be a strong community aspect to Affilorama, we realize that we're only going to keep more advanced members of our community hanging around if we give them something interesting to talk about ;) So it's in our best interest to keep it good for you guys.

Sean - Yeah Sean, I know you like experienced gals ;)

Keep it coming guys :)
Mark
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
MarkLing wrote:Sean - Yeah Sean, I know you like experienced gals ;)

LOL
PremiumMember
rdonnelly
Trust:
Hi Mark,

I am assuming that when Affilorama becomes free, the link to the free Traffic Travis will be removed. I was wondering if the previously paid members will still be able to get Traffic Travis upgrades.

Thanks
Ron
superaff
Trust:
Hi Mark, FREE or Paid, Affilorama rocks!

You've done so much for me ... I will continue to recommend Affilorama to my subscribers anyway. It's not for the money, but BECAUSE it's that good. And you are a really good guy.

Although we are behind our laptops, it's not difficult to feel someone's heart!

Note: You understand, Mark that I will not use Adwords to promote... I'm joking!
Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html

elmo033057
Trust:
I hope that that Affilorama does not change too much. I love this site so much. It has been the only thing that has worked for me and I would have gladly paid the price to have access to it. Marc Ling has helped me in so many ways that I can't describe it as well as all of my Affilo-buds and buddettes at this wonderful site.

I pray to God that it keeps on keeping on as it has since its inception.

Actually, I'm a little depressed to see this change, but you all have been so kind and wonderful I can only say thanks.

Love you all!

Flame On!
ELMO
:twisted:
Mark Ellis a.k.a. "ELMO" Owner Ellistrations http://www.ellistrations.com

PremiumMember
erwin
Trust:
Hi Mark,

Just want to make my last post on this thread after reading the comment on your blog about making affilorama free.

People are talking about Money, yes, we are all here to make money, but I think the relationship between people is more than just money (same as the business owners and their customers), it's about "appreciantionship".

As one of the customers who're early adopters and vote for affilorama with their CC and pocket money, I think most expect a different "treatment" than those who get what we get for free (maybe not?). Don't they?

It's not after that we received the products/services worth more than what we've paid for and then we deserve the same treatment as who get for free; is about the ongoing relationship with the paying customers. As an affiliate, especially the CB affiliate, we should feel more appreciate if someone purchase through our aff. link (esp. IM products) since ppl have more choices and reasons not to buy from us, and not just about how much we made for the commission.

I'm not sure whether I remember correctly or not about this: those who purchase JR's Traffic Secrets before the price drop to $397 will get the TS Ver.2 for free (or a big discount). Am I right?

Last year around November, when I heard about rumor about the relaunch of PLF, I wrote an email to Jelf and asked whether there's a relaunch and should I wait for the new version or should I get it now. His reply leaved a good impression to me, of course, came to no surprise that he suggested that I should get it now :) but is not because he'll get a sale now, but the value that I received will always more than the late comer as he is a firm believer of overdelivery and treating his current customers well. I did noticed that Jeff didn't offer any further special offer after the initial launch and the price is the same till today (though I'm still waiting for the discount offer).

No matter what we do or what we said, surely we will have people with different opinion. I think I'll stop my rant for now and see how it goes.

Thanks Mark & all for this great membership site.

Erwin

PS: Sorry If I go astray and out of topic.
carl
Trust:
Hi Mark,

Im slightly confused, i signed up the day you decided to close affilorama. Great for me as i get to see the video`s on the old site for free. But you say that afilorama will become free in a couple of months but i got an email with your new product advertised saying it was $149 and £39 per month. Is this a different product as it looks the same as the old one but probably up to date video on there and a few extras.

Which bit will be free? before you think im moaning im not, as when i get through the basics on the old site i will sign up for the new product, or am i wasting my time with that because its slightly dated????

I would be very grateful!!

Carl
carl
Trust:
Hi Mark,

i owe you an apology! ive just checked the email that was sent to me...i thought it was from you! it was from afiliateelite. com. there product is remarkably like yours.

i dont know where they have got my email address from.

carl
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Carl - We will have sent you a couple of emails talking about Affiliate Elite and letting you know it was released. It's not similar to Affilorama at all ... it's a tool for finding profitable keywords (amongst other things), as opposed to a training course.

We have no plans to charge you for anything in the near future, don't worry! :)

Mark

PremiumMember
pelican
Trust:
Sorry I am lost. I was actually trying to find the wordpress theme and got sidetracked reading old posts that I may have missed. Please confirm that this does/doesn't affect the affiloblueprint members. We will continue to pay or is this changing now.

Thanks Affilo team you rock. I have never had support like I get from you lot. Great work

Moira
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Moira,

This was a way old thread, so by the time you had joined, it was already past. :D

As for the WP theme, if you look in the AB area under Additional Resources, you'll find what you're looking for.

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

loveat350
Trust:
Thanks!