You will find the latest news and what is happening at Affilorama here. Any new announcements will be posted here before anywhere else.

AffiloJetPack - Newbie concern

PremiumMember
weston
Trust:

AffiloJetPack - Newbie concern

Absolute newbie here. Never done any affiliate marketing; have never even had a website.

With the new JetPack, isn't a newbie like me going to be "shut out"? If, say, 5000 people get the JetPack and half of them select the "Green Energy" niche ... well, then, 2500 people with much more experience than I will be marketing essentially the same thing that I'm trying to market. Given their experience, what chance do I have (initially) of being profitable with this tool in this niche? Sure, MAYBE I could come up to speed quickly on what I need to do (I certainly intend to). And maybe I could come up with unique keyword groups that would result in decent search engine positioning ... but so can everyone else. Seems like very LONG odds to me. On the other hand, my total ignorance of just what's involved in AM might be leading me to think this. How can this niche "absorb" such an influx of marketers and not become "saturated"?

Any and all comments welcomed and appreciated.

edit: P.S. I've watched Mark's video response addressing this concern, but just find it hard to believe that I can have a unique enough approach to become profitable. A reply from someone with experience in what might be perceived as an over-crowded niched would be appreciated. Thanks.
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Weston,

In general, I've almost come to find "saturation" to be a myth, in so many areas. For one thing, new "customers" are always entering the market, just as some others, for whatever reason, are leaving it. Also, some of the niches, particularly like some of those that most likely are in the pack, are filled with people who buy multiple products over the time they are in that market.

Many of these niches are pretty big "pies", and I'd like to get my piece of it!

One example I like to use is the great American favorite, the hamburger. Now, you might think the market is saturated, because you can usually find a McDonald's, Burger King, Sonic, Whataburger, Dairy Queen, or some similar chain, somewhere near you -- within a mile for most people. And yet, every once and a while, you will find a "mom and pop" burger joint. Not all of these succeed, granted, but enough of them do, even with the bigger chains close by, that you can see that saturation is a myth for burgers.

But don't just look at burgers. Take anything you might be interested in. It may appear saturated, but if you get the right training (such as you can get here for affiliate marketing), put forth the effort, be persistent in the face of obstacles, and you can always find a way to enter a market, even if it is "crowded". Just find something no one else is doing (or perhaps combine things others may be doing in a new way), and try to do the best you can.

Give it a try!

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
one thing i always like to say is if you are looking for a a reason not to do something you will find it, but if you really want to do it, you will find a way.

one thing you have to understand Weston is that althought there may be some competitiors, you will get help all the way. several of us old hands will be there to help you find a way to make your sites work. competition doesnt mean anything if you follow the training mark gives. I will actuall help build up my competitions sits, and sometimes they help build up mine.

also, the only way you are garunteed to fail is if you never try, besides, there is no way youu can follow this system that mark teaches and not make money. Why? because Mark has garanteed if you show him that you followed his system to the letter and dont make it work he is going to refund your money PLUs pay you money on top of that. its in one of his latest videos that I just watched.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

sonitin
Trust:
Weston you got a point there but based on my experience I can tell you that even if 5000 people buy it only 250 will be seriously pursuing it after 3 months. So competition is not as much as you might be thinking.

As a complete newbie you will find definitely have a slightly harder time in making it work but its not impossible and even I am pretty sure that if you stick to it then you will definitely find your own way out.
"offshoreally.com" - One click for all outsourcing requirements including bookmarking, submissions, dedicated staff, link building..

Looking for a qualified virtual assistant to help you with your work? Click here - "offshoreally.com/internet-marketing-outsourcing-seo/virtual-assistant-link-building"

Enter The" Bad Ass" SEO Guest Blogging Contest to WIN CASH PRIZES http://bit.ly/9knBFs

PM me for coupon codes!

PremiumMember
weston
Trust:
Thank you, gradyp, jmpruitt and sonitin. Your responses are very helpful. "Saturation" as a myth: yeah - that's what I wanted to hear. Forum support from jm and others, even though it might be helping the competition (!): priceless. Sonitin's point about people not really following through long-term is a good one I hadn't really considered. I just assumed, with all the advantages jetpack will provide, that everyone would jump in with both feet and keep plugging away until their sites are profitable.

Another question, since I'm undecided about this even after reading the various relevant threads: would I be well-advised to get both jetpack AND blueprint? It's hard for me to decide because I don't know exactly how much overlap in training there is between the two. I know there's enough in jetpack to get a newbie up and running, but I wonder if getting blueprint would, at the beginning, help me along even further or simply overwhelm me. (Of course, I may just go with jetpack until profitable and use some of the profit to purchase blueprint).

Thanks in advance for any responses.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
really that would be redundant. The Jetpack will cover everything in the AB course, just doing a lot of the work for you rather than teaching you how to do it yourself. Then, he teaches you how to outsource these tasks so that you can continue building new sites, and getting those things done for you by other people. If you buy the Jetpack, you won't need the AB course.

Also, you have to realize, although I am building sites using the jetpack system, I am doing it more as proof of concept, and so that I can help you guys out. I am not going to really hit it as hard as other people. Looking at past history with marketing products in general, and other products similar to jetpack specifically, history shows that most people who buy this course will never do anything with it and won't be competing with you.

It is sad to say, but no matter how easy they make something, some people just wont put in the little bit of work that they have to do. People are attracted to a "turnkey system" and think they just buy it and it will make them money. as the saying goes, you can lead the horse to the water but you cannot make them drink it.

PremiumMember
weston
Trust:
Thanks, James, for the reply. Maybe I'll get AB down the road if I want to be able to deal with every little detail myself.

"Looking at past history with marketing products in general, and other products similar to jetpack specifically, history shows that most people who buy this course will never do anything with it and won't be competing with you." Wow! Just: "Wow!" If I'm going to pungle up $500 for something that can help me earn, in perpetuity, many times that amount each month (or week or day), I'm gonna do all I can to learn what is necessary to get to my goals. Imagine you are right, though - 'tis human nature.
jamestan
Trust:
sonitin wrote:Weston you got a point there but based on my experience I can tell you that even if 5000 people buy it only 250 will be seriously pursuing it after 3 months. So competition is not as much as you might be thinking. Image

As a complete newbie you will find definitely have a slightly harder time in making it work but its not impossible and even I am pretty sure that if you stick to it then you will definitely find your own way out.

Hahah you got it man...

I have subscribed to many PLR and Business Building Models like this but NEVER got started :)

So no worries ...it won't get saturated... :)
Last edited by jamestan on 27 Jul 10 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

marymeagan
Trust:
Hey Weston

Yesterday I was complaining how tough the AB course is and how long it has taken me so far and I am at the stage right now where I'm spinning my articles and I must admit I was in a pretty crappy frame of mind when I got this new promotion for Affilojetpack thinking "Oh no, another attempt at putting their hand in my pocket"

Well James answered my post and simplified a few things for me and I was taking his advice when I started noticing my emails today.....Alex Goad......Matt Carter.....Brad Callen.....Eban Pagan.....maybe more - these guys are affiliate marketing gurus that are all quite successful as I have been getting their emails for quite some time promoting their own programs.

What impressed me the most today was opening all their emails giving away free stuff if we buy Affilojetpack through them, which basically tells me one thing, there must be something to Affilojetpack, and I like what James said that this program will take the place of AB which suits me fine (I think AB is a fine coarse but it takes an awful long time to finish a web site which is driving me up a wall at the moment.

I think I will jump on the bandwagon to help me finish my site a bit quicker as I see they have a newsletter series that should fit my niche, and all the ready made stuff sounds very tempting.

I'll tell you one thing Weston AB has taught me a lot and it's been tough going at times but the most important thing I've learned is not to give up because no matter how big the obstacle or problem to solve you will overcome it or solve it ( I almost quit IM 2 months ago when my PC crashed and I lost almost everything but I got help and I also got lucky and now I'm back at it.

So good luck Weston I hope you become rich.............Larry
Larry Bauge

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Thanks Larry. I dont mean to discourage anyone with that post either. its not that Im is so difficult the reason so many people dont make it is because they spend the money and never follow through with the training they get. As long as you stay focused, and let guys like me who will be in the forum help you, you can make it work.

PremiumMember
weston
Trust:
@Larry:

Thanks for your post, Larry. It's interesting to hear stories from other people regarding their journeys in this (to me) new AM world. I imagine I'll be seeing you around in the various forums. Feel free to IM me if you're not afraid to contact a newbie :) I'm around your age and have lots of Canadian relatives (Mom is from Canada), so maybe we have some things in common and can help support each other a bit.

Cheers,

Chris
Oregon
stacierunner
Trust:
I have purchased both Affiloblueprint and AJP. I only purchased AJP because of the in-depth and superb training I got from ABP.

ABP took me by the hand from start to finish and I learned a LOT that actually helped me troubleshoot some initial problems with AJP.

If you have not gone through Affiloblueprint and don't know how to do a self-hosted wordpress site, then purchase AJP with the intent of hosting on Affilorama's self-hosting.

I think there are a few kinks in this brand new version on AJP, but I'm sure they will be ironed out with future releases.

I do have to say, that even though a lot of work is done for you, it is still a ton of work. I just spent over 7 hours today putting a year's worth of newsletters on an autoresponder. It took a long time to get the links straightened out and to proofread them. It's obvious that they were not all proofread prior to being released. There were spelling errors that I had to fix. It was much better than writing all my own newsletters, though.
Fancy up your iPad with accessories from http://www.greatipadstuff.com

Go green http://www.greenerlifesite.com

stacierunner
Trust:
James -

I have to tell you something funny. In your picture, when looking from a distance, you look like Ice-T. I didn't realize that was a mic in front of your mouth until Iooked at your website. Every time I read one of your posts, I hear Ice-T's voice. Too funny.

Thanks for all you contribute
Fancy up your iPad with accessories from http://www.greatipadstuff.com

Go green http://www.greenerlifesite.com

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
That is the second time someone has said that here. LOL maybe i need to change the Avatar, but I have that same avatar on about 100 sites, that would be a pain to change all of them

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Guess I shouldn't tell them that was your nickname at camp one year... for a totally different reason...

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

trevor weir
Trust:
@Weston,
My two cents worth is probably worth less than 2 cents but here goes. I doubt more than 700 people this package, and like the others I think 650 will login, learn, learn, learn and less than 200 will activate 1 of their 5 packages and less than 100 will actually activate and get all 5 up.

However, that said, even 50 of these packages will create enough possible duplicate content that google will show only those with either the best domain names, the highest PR and or the best internal optimization.

I ran into a problem like this before with templates from A & B. Great templates, nice autoresponder package, 6 cb offers including a little video.

I didn't know the answer to the problem at the time. I had done lots of text customization and even did article marketing blah blah blah. Probably wasted 100-300 hours of time on 6-8 of these sites, Weston.

I wasted this time Weston, because I am a carpenter and a hammer was all I had and all I knew. My own personal site ranks number 3 in canada for internet marketing, number 7 for network marketing blah blah blah. I know seo tricks that I simply never told anyone else about. So seo was what I used.

The real answer of course was PPC, but even though I have handled big PPC budgets in google adwords for corporate clients, I didn't want to risk that kind of money.

The truth is, that the real answer is still PPC, but not on google. There are sources of PPC traffic that are under 4 cents per click or 1 cent per view.

If there was a forehead install of this software that included inhereting the autoresponders and a quick search and replace of the clickbank code, any of these niches sites have the ability to start creating massive lists literally within hours of putting them up.

The answer to can we use this package and get rich quick is, start the process with 1 cent traffic, when you discover exactly what keyword/demographic group is either converting to sales or building your list most rapidly, only then turn to seo and get google wonderwheels tuned to backlinks on massive linkwheels.

Done this way, you don't really care whether 50 or 5000 of us bought this package.

Good luck

This topic was started on Jul 26, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.