You will find the latest news and what is happening at Affilorama here. Any new announcements will be posted here before anywhere else.

A Newbie Disappointed In The Program

chetsary
Trust:

A Newbie Disappointed In The Program

Hi,

Yes I am newbie to the course. I have been spending about 2 weeks to watch the training videos from Step 1 to Step 9. What I found is the videos did told what to do at all. Yes it explained but it was not the actual work I want. That is useless for me. I want to learn actual way so that I can follow the way to get success.

Should I complain this and asking for refund? Or anyone here success with that way.

If I make mistake on what I thought please let me know and tell me what should I do?

Thanks
PremiumMember
grantbuff
Trust:
Yes it explained but it was not the actual work I want. That is useless for me. I want to learn actual way so that I can follow the way to get success.

Can you explain what you mean by 'actual' way?

Yes I am newbie to the course. I have been spending about 2 weeks to watch the training videos from Step 1 to Step 9. What I found is the videos did told what to do at all.

One way of doing this is not just to watch. In each step, you read the text and watch the video or you can do the either one. Then you take action by following the homework or what the guide says. This is part of the idea of learning it STEP BY STEP. THEN when you are done with a task or while one is in progress, you can move on to or you can try the next step/part. Unless you are very familiar and have done any part like keyword research, wordpress, and SEO in the past, you can speed things up a bit.

Should I complain this and asking for refund? Or anyone here success with that way.

You need to explain your issue. If you need help, ask for a support.
Affilorama Blueprint is for a newbie to internet marketing or affiliate marketing. I have been getting into affiliate marketing for a while for more than 2 years but have not had great success. I joined Affilorama back in Feburary and a week later, I decided to jump into Affilorama Blueprint and have been learning a lot.
Just like what I have mentioned, I read and watch any video in each step. Then I take action. Specifically, after I read and watch the course on keyword research or niche research, I type in any phrases related to my niche. Then I visit blogs, forums, and educational sites to do my keyword research. After this, I move on to the next text and video.
Again, after reading text and watching the video of creating/writing quality content, I decided on writing my own articles. The guide recommends that I put up 20+ contents. I haven't finished this part since creating contents take time and process.
I decided to take a break or sleep on creating content for little bit and start moving on to another step. Then I follow along and go back to write articles or create other types of contents.
I am currently working on Step 4 while I'm also finishing up working on Step 2. Creating contents take time and patience. Some people can do these faster than I do. Some others can take longer. Still others can give up easily and look for other means. While it is STEP BY STEP, any part can be treated as WORK IN PROGRESS. You can always go back, review, tweak, manipulate, and make things better.
Learn Affiliate marketing step by step with AffiloBlueprint - http://www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint?aff=gar4on

chetsary
Trust:
Can you explain what you mean by 'actual' way?

The actual way I want is the same as step 7 video 7 Google Authorship and Rich Snippets. This video is great it acted on real page, real guide. I am not saying other videos are fake but those videos just display on screen and didn't tell what exact things to follow. It only display the picture on screen and explain. What do you think if you were not an English speaking.

One way of doing this is not just to watch. In each step, you read the text and watch the video or you can do the either one. Then you take action by following the homework or what the guide says. This is part of the idea of learning it STEP BY STEP. THEN when you are done with a task or while one is in progress, you can move on to or you can try the next step/part. Unless you are very familiar and have done any part like keyword research, wordpress, and SEO in the past, you can speed things up a bit.

I will take action on it. It is my personal idea i would like to watch and read all the training course first. I want to know what I learn from 1 to 10. If I watch from 1 and immediately continue to 2 I though I will do in hard way.

You need to explain your issue. If you need help, ask for a support.

This what I was thinking but it should be last decision.

You said you join for 2 years. Look at your profile you just join this Feb 14. What are you trying to say?
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Hi Sary,

Nice to see somebody from Cambodia!

You do make a good point. AffiloBlueprint was originally designed to be really practical, hands-on, "this is how you do this". And along the way we talked about some of the theory as well.

With AffiloBlueprint 3 these "theory" lessons have got their own videos, rather than being hidden in the practical lessons. So I guess it can seem like a lot of talking. (Not so much fun if you're English isn't fantastic.)

This theory stuff is still important and needs to be discussed, but I'll suggest that we should try to make these videos a bit more practical, and consider our friends who might not have English as a first language :)

If you like, you can add your feedback to this page: http://feedback.affilorama.com/forums/1 ... oblueprint

... and other people can vote on it. If we get enough people saying the same thing, it makes it easier to know what we should focus on next.
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

chetsary
Trust:
Hi Aletta,

Thanks for you nice in-put. Well as I said above I am watching and reading the lessons from start to end many times to make more understand before I act. I found some parts only which have practical activities. And also I found in all lessons never mention what is the different between Domain, Keyword and Niches or maybe it said in parts of the videos which I have not notice. Should I just search for keyword and use it to buy for domain or should I search for niches as a domain. This really make me complicated. I am sorry if I say wrong question but I call myself as a newbie. Thanks
PremiumMember
grantbuff
Trust:
You said you join for 2 years. Look at your profile you just join this Feb 14. What are you trying to say?

This is what I wrote in my original response or comment, which you can see it again above: I have been getting into affiliate marketing for a while for more than 2 years but have not had great success. I joined Affilorama back in February and a week later, I decided to jump into Affilorama Blueprint and have been learning a lot.
Let me repeat: I joined Affilorama back in February of this year (2014). Prior to (Before) joining Affilorama, I have been getting into affiliate marketing without great success.
I hope this clarifies.
Learn Affiliate marketing step by step with AffiloBlueprint - http://www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint?aff=gar4on

alexforberg
Trust:
You have all the guidelines you need.
However you still need to use your creativity to get the success you want.
You say that the course does not give you what you want. How do you even know what you want?
Answer these questions for yourself, and the answers will give you a brighter picture:

What is your challenge? What is your goal? When did the challenge arise? How does it limit you? What have you done to solve the problem? What do you have to do? What stops you? When do you want this? What do you lose if you do this? What happens if you do it? What happens if you don't? What does it mean to you? What does it mean to the people around you? What is it that you have to do? Which of your best resources is it you need? How will you know your goal is reached? - What will you see, hear and feel.
Picture yourself in 3 years. Where are you? What do you see, what do your hear, how do you feel?

Success is not something that comes over night, in some cases not even after 10 years. You have to program your brain to work on your challenges. Asking the questions above will help you. It will help you unconscious mind finding the answers you need. Start everyday asking these questions to yourself.

The only way for you to get to where you want (guess this is financial freedom), is to keep working everyday. Learn new stuff, feed your brain, try new things. A big tip: Try youtube. Focus on giving instead of selling. Most people actually like to buy if they want what you have.
How do I know? I've been where you are. I've given up. I've been poor. I've been miserable. I've been angry. I've been hopeless. And maybe my worst obstacle. I did lose faith.

I read somewhere here that the best way to plant a tree is 20 years ago or now.
Find a decent place to plant your tree, and a seed that you know will grow. Then just plant it. It will grow.

I planted my tree 2 years ago. It has already given me fruits worth 100 000 dollars this year.

I hear there is a shortage of cocoa beans in the world. Maybe you should plant a cocoa tree?

Good luck.
Watch me. I will succeed.

heruma1919
Trust:
Alex, my father tell me, You plant tree for the next generation.

I agree with Alex, what do you actually want? Have you pick a niche? have you done your keyword research? have you set your site up?

If you have a problem, ask it in the forum, others will help you.

BTW, english is not my first language either.
chetsary
Trust:
Thanks for that. Maybe I am wrong to choose this name http://www.basichealthtalk.com I have not add up call to action link yet. Will do it soon.
hscenter
Trust:
This is not exactly the topic I want. I am not disappointed in the program, but I am frustrated. As I expected, I keep running up against "barriers" that I can't get past. Right now, I can't find anything that explains what Affilotheme is, how much it costs and whether it is something I should be concerned about as a clueless newbie in my second week of Blueprint. More important, in Step 1, Video 1, the notes direct me to AffiloTools (I am a premium member, and I believe I have access and not cost). I get to the intro video, and after watching it, click on "skip the video" hoping to move forward. I get kicked back to
the start of the into video. I have no idea how to move ahead. Can someone help?

To summarize, my frustration is that with the time difference, coupled with the wait time
for a phone response, when I hit a roadblock (which, trust me, will happen often!), I can't
make any meaningful progress. I have been in Step 1 for about 4 days and am still on video 1. At this rate, I'll earn my first dollar in June of 2017! For whatever it's worth, I think a 24-hour chat line would be a huge addition to Affilorama support. Thanks for listening - I will appreciate any help provided. Harry Center, Chandler AZ
PremiumMember
grantbuff
Trust:
This is not exactly the topic I want. I am not disappointed in the program, but I am frustrated. As I expected, I keep running up against "barriers" that I can't get past. Right now, I can't find anything that explains what Affilotheme is, how much it costs and whether it is something I should be concerned about as a clueless newbie in my second week of Blueprint. More important, in Step 1, Video 1, the notes direct me to AffiloTools (I am a premium member, and I believe I have access and not cost). I get to the intro video, and after watching it, click on "skip the video" hoping to move forward. I get kicked back to the start of the into video. I have no idea how to move ahead. Can someone help?

I went back to Step 1 Video 1, it is about Finding Profitable Niches. AffiloTools should be included in your AffiloBlueprint subscription. You could check My Products to see what you get in your subscription. Go to Our Products next to Lessons. You should also be able to access AffiloTools from clicking on the link included in the pdf notes of Video 1.

To summarize, my frustration is that with the time difference, coupled with the wait time for a phone response, when I hit a roadblock (which, trust me, will happen often!), I can't make any meaningful progress. I have been in Step 1 for about 4 days and am still on video 1. At this rate, I'll earn my first dollar in June of 2017! For whatever it's worth, I think a 24-hour chat line would be a huge addition to Affilorama support. Thanks for listening - I will appreciate any help provided. Harry Center, Chandler AZ

I tried to call the support once, but I did not want to leave a voicemail. What I've been doing is I post any questions I have in the forum and if I don't want to wait too long, I also email support. I agree with you that a chat line is useful, BUT Affilorama needs to improve customer service or support first. The forum could also use members' experts. For now, just be patient. Don't give up. Stay focus.

PremiumMember
grantbuff
Trust:
Also, you don't need to worry about AffiloTheme until you get to Step 3 when you set up your domain. AffiloTheme should also be included in your subscription.

Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Hi Harry,

AffiloTheme is a WordPress theme that you can use when you build your website. It comes free with AffiloBlueprint, and whenever we are demonstrating something in WordPress in the Blueprint lessons, we will be using AffiloTheme.

If you're not familiar with WordPress, you will always have two things:

1) Your WordPress installation. This is like the engine of a car: It's what makes it run.
2) A "theme". This is like the body of a car: It makes it look nice, but it might also have things like airbags and air conditioning -- extra features that can make life nicer and easier for you.

AffiloTheme is a theme. You're welcome to use any other theme when building an AffiloBlueprint website, but you might be missing some of the extra features that we've put into AffiloTheme to make your life (as an affiliate) a bit easier.

With AffiloTheme: Just don't click on the video if you don't want to watch it. Click on the green button that says "add your website".

http://screencast.com/t/sn6F47dJQwZy

You need to "add a website" even if you don't have a website just yet... just add anything. (Add http://www.affilorama.com if you like, and a "friendly" name of "Testing") It's essentially a name to save all the information under. You can change it later once you actually build a website.

Once you've done that, it will look like this:

http://screencast.com/t/2kPzc6Ht8Vz

And you'll be able to use the tools on the left of the screen.
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

hscenter
Trust:
Thank you Aletta. I'm going try and relate the exact steps I'm taking, to see if you can identify my problem:

1. In the Notes for Step 1, Video 1, I am clicking on the Affilorama.com/tools link on page 8. 2. I click on the Access AffiloTools green button.
3. The screen says Welcome to AffiloTools. Below that is the click button to start the intro film. To the right are five checked selections, then +Add youf Website. I enter the
temporary website HarryinPhoenix in the URL Box, and Harry in the Friendly Name box. Maybe that doesn't match the required format, I don't know, but when I click Add, nothing happens.

I'm reluctant to skip this because I think understanding keywords is probably one of the more critical elements to success, at least at this point in the training. I hope you can help me move forward. Thanks, Harry Center, Chandler, AZ (suburb of Phoenix).
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Hi Harry,

I think you do need to enter something that could conceivably be a website address into that first box. When I enter HarryinPhoenix into the first box it doesn't work, but when I enter HarryinPhoenix.com it does work.

Good point though... there should be an error message to tell you what's gone wrong. I'll pass that onto the people who fix things :)

hscenter
Trust:
Thanks Aletta. Intsructions need to be written at the most basic level, for someone who just arrived from Mars and knows virtually nothing about computers and the internet. I've been online for 15 years, but obviously need a lot of hand-holding. Examples would help, e.g. "Enter your website, for example, xxxxxxxx.com."

I really appreciate your prompt response. Hopefully I can move ahead. Thanks! Harry Center.
mani.sulur
Trust:
I just joined couple of days back and been working on WP divi2 which is very user friendly. Working with affilotheme is somewhat daunting..I am trying to create my site. Some of my challenges are: 1. I have two home tabs on the navigation menu, I want to delete one, I tried everything nothing works, 2.I created a slider which I wanted to go on my home page, I am not sure where I am going wrong? please let me know if you need any further information, once i am done with site creation I want to get on with content writing...
PremiumMember
grantbuff
Trust:
mani.sulur wrote:I just joined couple of days back and been working on WP divi2 which is very user friendly. Working with affilotheme is somewhat daunting..I am trying to create my site. Some of my challenges are: 1. I have two home tabs on the navigation menu, I want to delete one, I tried everything nothing works, 2.I created a slider which I wanted to go on my home page, I am not sure where I am going wrong? please let me know if you need any further information, once i am done with site creation I want to get on with content writing...

Always refer to your AffiloBlueprint lessons in Steps 3 and 4. In addition to asking here, you can also email support.

blgardner
Trust:
Greetings fellow newbies!
You've brought up some frustrations and ideas I'm struggling with also. I'm (by my own admission) a neophite on computers as well as Affiliate Marketing and website design. Affilojetpack helps considerably, but I agree it would be helpful if it would break things down even more basic, or provide links to look up "computerese/web-ese/" terms. The glossary helps, but I can identify with the "not my native language" issue just from the tech terms involved! Maybe I'm jumping around too much. I watch and do the Jetpack videos, but then it seems I have to go to AffiloBlueprint videos to finish some steps. Some of the Blueprint videos cover things Jetpack already does for you, so I get confused as to what I do or don't need to do next. Maybe I'm just making this way harder than it is. I can see both programs are incredible tools to build a solid, profitable business with, but I admit there are times I just sit and stare at them, It's a learning process, I know, but some of what "comes naturally" for people who have been involved in AM is like opening a Sanskrit book for others of us! Hang in there, I know the amazing team at Affilorama will come thru!