Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

The Poker Space, Affilorama, and You?

tompdc
Trust:

The Poker Space, Affilorama, and You?

Hi everyone,

My name is Tom and I work with PDCAffiliates.com (soon to be Chipsplit.com), which represents several strong gambling brands, including one of the larger poker rooms available to American players. I think this site is just exceptional and I've really enjoyed exploring all of the tools that Mark and company have made available to affiliates of all sizes and experience levels.

I wondered though if there are any affiliates working in the gambling/poker space who are using Affilorama, and if not then why not? If so, what are you getting the most out of? And either way, where else do you go for your gambling affiliate marketing advice? Some of the tools here are certainly applicable to all spaces, but I get the sense that here--as with some other affiliate networks and support sites--there is a reticence to engage with what might be considered a less respectable (not to mention hyper-competitive) space. Are there any thoughts on that?

I'm very interested in directing some traffic to this site and to other great tools for our affiliates, but I want to make sure that this would be both appropriate and welcome. I'm also just curious what anyone might have to say about their impressions of affiliate marketing in the gambling space and what factors might interest/disinterest them in the industry.

Once again really excited about the site and looking forward to engaging with it more and more - a great idea that is obviously very well executed.

Cheers,

Tom
Affiliate Manager
PDCAffiliates.com
tom@pdcaffiliates.com
jasondodd
Trust:
Hi Tom

I know there are some Affilorama students who have gambling/poker affiliate sites and seem to do pretty well from it.

I havent really come across any negativity directed to this niche but I think most affiliates recognize it as a competitive space so quite possibly they feel safer starting with a less-competitive niche, gaining experience in that before moving on to something else. Better to have a big slice of a smaller pie than nothing from a big pie.

The forum is about sharing affiliate strategies rather than promoting so while youre welcome to add helpful comments on techniques and methods, were not too fond of messages that are overly commercial in nature eg lots of affiliate links, promoting own products etc. Forum moderators will remove these sorts of posts.

Thanks.

Jason
Affilorama.com
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

tompdc
Trust:
Thanks for your reply, Jason. I'm not surprised that there are some gambling affiliates here, because as you say the tools can be used in that space just as effectively.

As for your point about moderation, I certainly did not and do not plan to pursue any sort of promotional angle here, just wanted to provide full disclosure that I do work with a site so as to be honest. But I am interested here only for the sake of learning what I can so I can pass it on to the affiliates I work with and direct them to the useful tools available here - again, that's why I was curious if other gambling affiliates were using the site.

Thanks again Jason,

Tom
Affiliate Manager
PDCAffiliates.com
tom@pdcaffiliates.com

This topic was started on Oct 27, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.