Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Your views on the current state of the Affiliate Industry?

samb
Trust:

Your views on the current state of the Affiliate Industry?

Hi,

I am new here and pretty late to the party, but I have turned up :) So hi all.

I am really interested in the Affiliate business, but I am also incredibly aware that it has been going for quite a while and many opportunities have simply gone.

So possible issues I see are:

a) Smaller number of undiscovered niches.
b) More competition for niches.
c) Lots of Affiliates selling the more lucrative products in Clickbank for the above niches.
d) I get the sense Google hates Affiliates with the increasing use of the "slap".

I am not a negative person. I am just trying to gauge the current "opportunites" in this space so I can spend wisely.

I would really appreciated all thoughts on the above.

Thanks in advance,

Ed
samb
Trust:
I thought I was female, now I see I am a male punk !!! :) It seems the cartoons randomly change which is interesting !!

Ed
PremiumMember
thebigventure
Trust:
a) You don't need small undiscovered niches to make money. You just want a cut of the big pie of the large niches and industries because you know those sell. You could end up wasting your time on smaller niches that have no markets.
b) Competition can be a good thing in the affiliate industry, especially if you're a vendor. So aim to use it!
c) I don't get your point here, but if it helps, being an affiliate with a popular product helps to sell because you know it's tried and true and works. If you're a vendor then you need to present a USP and market your product to the target market.
d) This is the good thing mate! Google is kicking off rubbish from its searches so if you make a quality website you will be up there in the SERPS and be rewarded!
http://www.TheBigVenture.com - Started 6 years ago...finally making $15,000+ per month now!

samb
Trust:
Hi n0thsa,

Thanks for your feedback.

So you believe that Affiliate Marketing industry is currently very healthy and is still full of opportunity for the quality AMer....?

On C) I was just concerned that the better products might now be reaching saturation point. However I take your point that a well sold product obviously works. Do you find that products that are the most popular try to decrease their commission rates because they are now well known?

I like your answer on D) with regard to the "Slap". "Integrity" and "Quality" are important values of mine and I am glad that the "rubbish" is being kicked out of play.

Cheers,

Ed
PremiumMember
thebigventure
Trust:
No worries mate. Yes the AM industry is healthy. The whole online selling thing is thriving don't worry. Each and every day there is someone new being introduced to the buying world of the Internet (it's increasing with more being introduced than taken away). Think about all the new generation being born who are coming straight into the Internet world. And all the "older" generation passing away, who never used the Internet much in the first place.
But it is thriving in a realistic way. You're not going to make millions with affiliate marketing websites. And you're probably not going to make 500k+ a year profit with affiliate websites. You can easily make up to 10k a month I believe, many affiliates are making 3-6k a month with just 10-30 websites. If you increase this website count and ensure they're still profitable you will hit 10k no worries, but tons of work.
If you want the big 6 figure months and millions you need to be one of those huge product creators. Then you "use" the so called "competitiveness" of the affiliate world and THEN you will realise it's not as saturated as you think. This is harsh but true. If you look around at many of the people's sites on here and on WF and other places, it's just amateur in the sense that I'd never put credit card details on something that looked like that. Even some of my sites started like that and I had to learn the hard way. It's just that people are MORE weary of scam sites and you need to be professional to gain trust.

Regarding C, no go look on Clickbank all the commission rates are fine. Have you started making money yet? Get started first mate, then if you're having issues once you've made a site come back and I'm happy to help because at that point it involves tweaking, not hypothetical thought.

And yeah D is true, and I love it. Just make quality!

Cheers
http://www.TheBigVenture.com - Started 6 years ago...finally making $15,000+ per month now!

This topic was started on Jul 05, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.