Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Your Opinion on Delayed Buy Buttons

chettvq24
Trust:

Your Opinion on Delayed Buy Buttons

I have been promoting a product recently which has a video and uses a delayed buy button.
I am interested in your view of these delayed buy buttons as an affiliate.

Some of these videos seem to go on for a long time before the buy button appears. Do you feel this helps you as an affiliate overall to generate more commissions.
esolutions
Trust:
Hi,

This has been tested several times and I assume it would do three things:

1. appear less in your face, buy me now so as to build trust with the viewer
2. help the viewer make an educated decision because they have to know more before they even have a chance to buy
3. reduce refund rates as the buyer was not pushed into a quick buying decision that they may later regret (refunds mean 0 commissions for affiliates)

I also think that you should contact the product owner directly with your questions and concerns, find out what their testing has shown, and just insider info in general.
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
The delayed buy button is popular for video sales letters so that visitors are forced to watch to a certain point in the video. Usually, the visitor just needs to pause the video and come back to it later and the button / link will have appeared since it’s just on a timer.

It prevents people from assuming that you're actually selling something before you get to your offer. If they see a "buy now" button immediately, then they know they are about to get sold on something. You want people to be soldbefore you start selling. :)
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

chettvq24
Trust:
Thanks for your feedback. What you say makes sense.

I guess I am just used to promoting traditional clickbank sales pages and physical product sales pages.

Videos seem to be being used more and more now for sales pages even outside the I.M niche - I guess they work and that is why they are used.

This topic was started on Sep 20, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.