Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Your insight on reflection, redirection, learning IM/AM

craigmattice
Trust:

Your insight on reflection, redirection, learning IM/AM

I started my Internet/Affiliate Marketing journey back at the end of March with a zero base of knowledge. Time invested is no challenge and I have done that in my learning process involving quality, proven material, forums, tutorials. No "guru" training stuff for newbies.

I have reached a point of being totally "bogged down" in the process and feel like I'm in a quick sand of trying to make things work. Meaning, having to learn from a zero base of knowledge the elements necessary to perform keyword searches, SEO, determine a niche, buy a quality effective domain, hosting with Host Gator, learning that, installing WordPress, learning that, attempting to build a website, selecting qualified products, learning ClickBank, and trying to put this all together. Should anything in the "process" not work correctly, that takes me off into a whole new direction to determine the problem, learn about it, and then try and fix it. The huge amount of time this is taking is sucking the life and enthusiasm out of me.

How can I get back on the effective and productive path of functional affiliate marketing? I feel one learning curve sucks me into another and another, with no end in site to bring an effective website online. Is this process normal? I'm not a perfectionist but I do prefer to have things work as they're suppose to and are described in the tutorials. The challenge of learning about IM/AM, Host Gator, WordPress, Themes and the coordination of all these applications is totally overwhelming.

I'm learning and experiencing a great deal and actually having fun doing the "process." But it is now getting a tad ridiculous. HELP!

I'm looking for quality insight, advice, comments, experiences, you are willing to share to get me back on track.

Thank you for reading this post.
"Make it a great day to remember!"

Craig
www.aboutcraigmattice.com

smuigal
Trust:
Craig,

I feel your pain buddy. I will give you my experience and hope that it helps.

My path has been a long long looooooooong one. Distraction is KILLER. Let me just say this... THIS - Affiliorama is where you should END your search. I have made money online from various affiliate programs and from my own personal sites. I had Adsense up to $600.00 a month for a short while, got sick, burned out on Internet info. overload, was offline a while, back now. So...

I just finished my first site according to Marks blueprint. I feel very confident with it. I became distracted with two programs, PPPClassroom and Google Cash Detective. These are excellent, but not me, and IMHO, not for beginners. I believe I will take the next step with those programs "after" I make money with my aff. sites following Marks blueprint.

Right now I have only two memberships. This one, and AMA. That's it. And honestly, that's ALL you need, aside from your hosting account. Unless you plan on using PLR, then I'd say PLRPRO is the best of those.

I still watch video's to keep reminding me of where I'm going, check what I've done, make sure I haven't forgotten anything.

The SECOND BEST thing I have done is outsource. I now outsource my article writing and my AMA article spinning. I just started to outsource for blogging as well. Doing all of this stuff alone is very hard. If you can't afford to outsource, then just make sure you set up daily, weekly, monthly goals to get all your chores done.

I can't imagine starting from scratch, it would be very hard and I can only say stick with it, but stick with it right HERE, not somewhere else. The offers out there are great, excellent, and yet, affiliorama blueprint members don't need them. I truly believe in what Daniel from PLRPRO has said, "Master ONE thing, before moving on to the next thing". So, my goal is to master creating these sites and making $50.00 minimum weekly, from each one. I even started with one of the top ten, "Steal these niches" from Marks video. In fact, my second site is also going to be from that video. Just so happens I actually have experience with two of the 10 niches he talks about so I figure why reinvent the wheel.

I know a lot of people pay $8.00 to $10.00 per article, but I get my articles written 500 words at .008 cent's per word. And actually I only had to pay the gal .007 cents per word but she is so good I gave her a raise. That's about $4.00 per 500 word article. I have one at .005 cents per article, but that is my article spinning guy. I guess I've been lucky or something because so far I'm getting high quality work. I am very specific with my assignments, I even help them by giving them suggestions on how to gather the information for what I want them to write and how I want the article to be focused.

Lastly, I just want to repeat what I did wrong... I joined Affilioramma, then after about three weeks went by and I was in the middle of creating my first site, I decided to look at PPCClassroom because it was a huge freebie, and then again, got distracted with GCD. Something hit me over the head one day and I realized what I had done, quit both programs, and came back here. I think that was about 1 week ago that I quit all the rest of the memberships. And just today, WHOO, I finished my site. All done, ready for me to start driving traffic to it.

I am very confident in what I have done because it is exactly what Mark said to do.

Stick with it, stay here, put your blinders on, you don't need to go elsewhere, it's all here.

Best Wishes,
Chrisi
Need help? Looking for answers? I've coached 70+ students to 5 and 6 figure success. Private message me on FB for details on a one on one session for help knowing where to start your success or end your failure. https://www.facebook.com/netwoozy.gal

jpastorizo
Trust:
Hi Craig,

I agree with Chrisi 100%. Distraction is a Killer!
I started learning affiliate marketing about 11 months ago. I joined Wealthy Affiliates and I was really overwhelmed with everything there is to learn. I had joined a good membership site but information was all over the place. And then I got information overload! I got a job in September 2008 and I totally forgot all about affiliate marketing and why I wanted to learn it so bad. While I was working, I still wanted to make money online and I came across PPC Classroom and joined. I started it and somehow I got distracted by NicheBluePrint. So I stopped all of it and I wanted something that is easy so got involved in PTC sites and then to Auto-surfing. After a few months I finally realized that this type of money making is something that I have no control of. Then BAM! I got laid off in March 2009! I jumped right back into affiliate marketing and at that time GCD was in a full blown pre-launch stage. I tried it out, made several sales and then lost some money paying my adwords account.

At this point, I was jobless and almost losing my faith. I stopped and took stock. I realized I need a teacher who can teach me only what I need to learn and can do it in a very simple, straight forward, no hype and no BS kind of way. I also realized that I needed to focus on only 1 thing. I needed to learn 1 system, put all of my energy into it, implement it and then start making money and then scale it just like Mark described it. After joining Affilorama I decided to unsubscribe to all but about 3 gurus newsletter so I can focus on AffiloBluePrint 2.0.

I am now only learning AB2.0 and nothing else. I do my best not to lose my focus. It is a constant effort to stay focused because my desire to make money is so high that when an opportunity is presented to me and it looks so good I tend to jump to it. Somehow it's a good thing that I experienced being an opportunity seeker because I realized that I still am not making money! And because I kept searching for the one system that can teach me what I need to know, I was able to come across Affilorama.

I believe that all you need to start making money is Affilorama, your consistent focus, your persistence and your faith that you will reach that podium of success.

If you have questions just type away and we will do our best to share what we know.

Good luck!

Renato
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

PremiumMember
jpdemas
Trust:
smuigal wrote:I know a lot of people pay $8.00 to $10.00 per article, but I get my articles written 500 words at .008 cent's per word. And actually I only had to pay the gal .007 cents per word but she is so good I gave her a raise. That's about $4.00 per 500 word article. I have one at .005 cents per article, but that is my article spinning guy. I guess I've been lucky or something because so far I'm getting high quality work. I am very specific with my assignments, I even help them by giving them suggestions on how to gather the information for what I want them to write and how I want the article to be focused.

Sumigal, just curious, I want to oursource AMA article spinning but don't know where to go... can I find people to do this on Elance?
smuigal
Trust:
I have only used GAF (Getafreelancer.com) for my projects at this point. When I posted my project I gave an examples of a paragraph that was not spun, and then spun it so they could see what was needed.

I was very clear in my description. I had one lady respond that was already very familiar with spinning but she wanted $10.00 per article and had an excellent example but it was more than I wanted to spend. I went with a guy who was willing to learn, risky, but it paid off. He gave me a sample in the PM before I hired him.

With GAF I will always PM the person I am thinking about using and ask them to give me a sample of their work if they have not done so already.

Article spinning is complicated to some degree so the guy I have has made mistakes that I have corrected and then helped him understand how to do it better. I created a video for the person I hired so he could actually go into my account and post the articles for me. You can look at it and use it if you like to explain what you need as far as the spinning goes.
(broken link removed)

Toodles,
Chrisi
Last edited by ampie g on 20 Jan 10 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: broken link removed

Need help? Looking for answers? I've coached 70+ students to 5 and 6 figure success. Private message me on FB for details on a one on one session for help knowing where to start your success or end your failure. https://www.facebook.com/netwoozy.gal

This topic was started on May 09, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.