Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Yahoo answers (reported) by use community

nates450r
Trust:

Yahoo answers (reported) by use community

So in effert to maxamize site exposure i started doing yahoo answers

my yahoo email is a secondary email ( i dont check it very offten)
well i checked it today and it looks like every answer i have posted has been reported
and in the mix of these emails i saw a email from yahoo that said my yahoo answer account has been suspended.

the reason for the reported answers is that thay dont meet yahoo's answer guidlines.

i always read the questions related to my niche then i post a imformative answer. then in the resource box i post a link (to my site's) article page whare i got the answer from.

what could be going on? anyone else have this problem or had it before
PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
Have you read the Yahoo Answers TOS (my bold)?
upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas (such as shopping) that are designated for such purpose (please read our complete Spam Policy);

And in the "Spam Policy":
Uploading, posting, emailing, or transmitting the same message, URL, or post multiple times.

I've had good success with Yahoo Answers and often get rewarded as the "Best Answer", by only linking to my site something like every 5 or 6 answers (maybe even less often). I link to lots of other good resources and authorities besides my own.

Hopes this helps warn others...
_jim coe
nates450r
Trust:
jimcoe wrote:Have you read the Yahoo Answers TOS (my bold)?
upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas (such as shopping) that are designated for such purpose (please read our complete Spam Policy);

And in the "Spam Policy":
Uploading, posting, emailing, or transmitting the same message, URL, or post multiple times.

I've had good success with Yahoo Answers and often get rewarded as the "Best Answer", by only linking to my site something like every 5 or 6 answers (maybe even less often). I link to lots of other good resources and authorities besides my own.

Hopes this helps warn others...
_jim coe

Oh so you dont link back to your site every answer?
i was under the impression (to) link back on every post (so could that b e the problem?
all my answers have been unique so im sure there is not a problem with transmitting the same message.
PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
That's right. You have to be kinda subtle. I think the crux of the matter is their TOS "..submitting the same URL multiple times.."

I do submit the same favorite authority sites sometimes (not mine), a few times, but not every answer. I think I've submitted my own URL multiple times over a week or two - not same day. I use Yahoo Answers for my several different sites, so not always the same URL either.

Don't know if there's any way to get yourself re-instated. You might have to start over with a whole new email address and new Yahoo account, etc. That will lose all your previous answer rankings and such.

_jim coe
nates450r
Trust:
jimcoe wrote:That's right. You have to be kinda subtle. I think the crux of the matter is their TOS "..submitting the same URL multiple times.."

I do submit the same favorite authority sites sometimes (not mine), a few times, but not every answer. I think I've submitted my own URL multiple times over a week or two - not same day. I use Yahoo Answers for my several different sites, so not always the same URL either.

Don't know if there's any way to get yourself re-instated. You might have to start over with a whole new email address and new Yahoo account, etc. That will lose all your previous answer rankings and such.

_jim coe

Here is an example the answer containing this text was removed- this is the exact text that yahoo pointed out in there email.

"By far the best way to exercise and workout is interval training."

the question was somthing about how to maxamize you time at a gym or along those lines
im in the health-fitness niche and have learned alot so i desided to answert it.
Site Admin
maryt
Trust:
Hi Nate,

Yes, you may want to be very careful adding too many backlinks to one site when using answer sites like Yahoo.

If you want to collect a lot of links from Yahoo answers, I suggest you also create several Yahoo accounts. You can use each account and distribute your links from these accounts. Like Jim said, it is important that you make it "subtle" so I also suggest that you use different resources (from time to time) so Yahoo won't mark you as "spam".

Also, when you decide to create different Yahoo accounts, make sure you also use proxy for this so Yahoo won't detect that these accounts came from one location.

I hope the above provide you some ideas. :)

Mary
Not sure which Affilorama tool you need? Take the quiz! http://www.affilorama.com/redirect/quiz

Web: http://www.affilorama.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/affilorama
Facebook: http://www.affilorama.com/facebook

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." ~Sidhhartha Guatama

PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
A couple more points about Yahoo Answers:

Those here know how long-winded I can get.

My Yahoo Answers posts also tend to be long and thorough. But written for easy reading and comprehension, sometimes with several links.

Always helpful. They tend to be more readable and complete than others (which is why most get awarded "Best Answer").

That seems to give me extra clout with the reviewers when someone reports me for spamming. Yes, other users can report you and you can also report obvious spammers.

Hasn't happened often, but when someone reports you, Yahoo Answers has a method of you defending yourself. Then the reviewers check out your post Vs theirs. In my case, the person reporting my post always had their post removed and mine was certified good. So, all emails from Yahoo Answers are not bad news - some are a positive result of a review by the Yahoo Answers "powers that be".

As in any online venue where you post for backlinks, the critical key is to be genuinely helpful - always adding value to the community. This does get recognized and rewarded. So, talk about what you know and know what you're talking about.

Cheers!
_jim coe
nates450r
Trust:
I in no way at all ever thought that posting links in the resource box would be considered spam, now i understand a bit more, however when i started answering questions i though i was not doing anythng wrong. I was providing a great quality answer. Then yahoo provides a resource box ialways posted a link from ware i sourced my answer.

in all honestly, that does not sound like spamming. imo if you provide a quality answer and quality link that will further help the user.

i hate spam and never want to be viewed as a spammer or my sites be viewed as spammy
PremiumMember
sirmatts
Trust:
Seems like you are in some very competitive markets, it could also be that your competition is reporting you if you are very active on YA.
Best thing ever since sliced bread! Seriously this spinner is 20 Years ahead of TheBestSpinner. Get a Massive 70% Launch Discount ->http://www.inwrk.info/realbestspinner

This topic was started on May 30, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.