Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Writing articles QUESTION!

pjordan520
Trust:

Writing articles QUESTION!

Hi guys,

I just started looking into affiliate marketing and I've read a couple things here & there about it. I was going to try & do some article writing on ezinearticles.com but had one serious question first. I looked on clickbank & found a couple of things that I would like to write my article on, but I've never been the best at writing so I was wondering if summerizing the product from clickbank would be considered a copyright issue. Does the article have to be 100% in my own words? I didn't know if it was considered copyright since I would be promoting their site.

Thanks for your help!
Paige
PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
From what I understand, Ezine articles would say that these kinds of articles are overly promotional and they would not approve them. Also, from the way you wrote this post, I get the feeling that you would be direct-linking from Ezine with your affiliate link. They also frown on this.

Instead, a better plan would be to pick a product in a niche (weight loss, for example). Then build a small website about weight loss with some interesting articles (ie, how to lose belly fat, fat burning workouts, healthy diets, etc.) and put your affiliate link all over the site. Then write some articles for Ezine on topics like "5 fat burning foods" or whatever, and then link back to your site.

This way EZA is more likely to approve your articles and you'll probably get more article views and click-throughs if you do it right.

Hope this helps.
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Hi paige, welcome to affilorama.

You do need to write everything yourself. also you need to set up your own site. you are not allowed to put affiliate links in your articles on most directories.

as far as writing your articles, you can do a review of the product, but I personally dont recommend doing that without having seen the actual product. You should either get a review copy, (which usually you will need to have a site set up with at least one article that is promoting the product already to get one) or buy the product.

instead, take time to identify your market of people. who wants this product, and what problems are they trying to solve? do some research into the problems at the local library, in forums, or on poplular websites within the niche, and write articles that help people to identify the problem.

When you write your articles there are 4 questions that you should answer in your content.

1 identify the problem, and why is it important to solve this problem
2 what it takes to solve the problem
3 how to solve the problem ( this is usually your call to action to buy the product that does it for them)
4 (and this is the one most people miss) why should they listen to you.

each one of these should be at least adressed in each article that you write. it can be one sentence, but at least acknowledge it in some way.

now, as far as copywrite issues, you dont want to copy word for word what someone else has said. but, you can take an idea, and write it in your own words. use your own opinions and personal expereince to flesh out the article, and you will connect with people better, (and it answers #4.)
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

pjordan520
Trust:
Thanks for the help! I appreciate it!
bendtzen
Trust:
Paige,
Once you get a (free) account with Ezine Articles you will find they have a very extensive training tutorial, along with explaination of their quite strict editorial guidelines. It's all right there, you just have to wade through it. Sometimes I get annoyed at the guidelines, but because it is the best, I've learned to put up with it.

Good luck. Go crank out some articles.
Dick Bendtzen, The Really Small Business Guy

This topic was started on Jul 17, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.