Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

WP Problem: My sidebar goes to the bottom of the page

johnrambo
Trust:

WP Problem: My sidebar goes to the bottom of the page

Hey all

Gotta bit of a problem with my blog. From time to time certain posts, I assume, cause the sidebar to go to the bottom of the page, see website for what I mean (well its there as of now, may change later).

Any ideas on how I change this? I assume its in the script somewhere but unsure as to what one and where.

Thanx in advance.
Last edited by michellerana on 14 May 10 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Sounds most likely to be a width problem. This is a common problem when one "column" is taking up too much space... The other "column" gets floated below it. The likely culprit is the video. If you can find a way to make the in page size of the video just a little smaller, that should fix it, I think. Or you can make the "page" itself a little wider. (How you do that depends on the theme you are using, but you might check the theme options for width options.)

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Yup, that's what it sounds like to me too.

Because you've got random rotating ads (by the looks of it) I reckon that one of the ads is throwing things out of whack. Or some other sidebar element. You have the awesome task of removing and re-adding them until you see which one is the culprit.

Reeeeally annoying "are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?" popup, by the way. Hope you don't have that happening when people click on your affiliate links.

"Hmmmm... well now that I think about it, no I DON'T really want to click on this link and buy a product that will earn this guy money.... I might just hang out on his site and watch YouTube videos..."
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

PremiumMember
elogic0007
Trust:
Hi
Why so many ads, it distracts the visitor from what they are looking for but I do like the slick site ... very nice
johnrambo
Trust:
Cheers for the replies. RE Aletta, I thought I took the redirect out, thanks for reminding me. RE Elogic cheers.

Its my first site and its mostly trial and error for the time being. However its kinda went crazy all of a sudden. Now I know the numbers arent massive but I got 313 uniques in April (started 30/31 March) with 1162 visits though already in May I have 500 uniques with 1789 visits. Like I say they arent massive but as I havent had the time to build decent backlinks etc I'm quite impressed.

Will take advice on board and trim it down.

PS Redirect removed.
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Nice. It's looking really good other than that popup... I wouldn't have thought it was your first site!

Your first site is always going to be kind of crazy, but it's the best way to learn. With a bit of traffic you can start tweaking things around and see how that changes your conversions etc.
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

This topic was started on May 12, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.