Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Wordpress problem - article sequence

powernow
Trust:

Wordpress problem - article sequence

I'm just getting started. I have two articles I just posted on a wordpress blog, which uses Mark's blue theme. When I posted the second one, it became the first article on the site, not the second, which is what I wanted. How can I get the articles to appear in the order I want them in? Thanks
Last edited by michellerana on 20 Dec 09 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

sheepfarmer
Trust:
Go to your dashboard. Then edit pages. Pick whatever page that you want to come up 2nd and go to quick edit. On the righthand side it will say Order, put in the #1 hit update.That should do it.
Give somebody a hug>> http://www.cafepress.com/artbyemily1

powernow
Trust:
Sorry, I just have one page with two articles on it, with plans for adding more articles on the same page. Can someone tell me how to get the articles in the order I want them in on the same page?
wollowra
Trust:
HI,
Why do you want multiple articles on the same page? are you targeting the same keyword?
Just interested..
I am not sure how you have set up your front page but have you tried changing the dates on the article so one displays before the other? Can you show us the site so we can get a better idea?

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

carlmasure
Trust:
I have the same problem. I am following the blogger bootcamp. We set up a webpage with categories, not with separate pages in WP. There is a plugin called "postmash" that allows you to order your blog posts.

My difficulty comes with Traffic Travis page analysis. Using the categories method of website building, we cannot rate an A+ on the landing page or on the individual pages because the header has "Archive for the 'xxxxx' category" in it. I noticed that Mark's wowblackbook site has webpages setup with php extensions. So, I'm a bit befuddled. I'm hoping that in the next blogger bootcamp we can get clarity on this issue.

By the way, the bootcamp is awesome! Merry Christmas.
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Carlmasure,

Remember, Mark's wowblackbook site is done following the AffiloBlueprint model, not a blog model. A better site to watch if you are following the blogger bootcamp is the flightsimulatorinfo site.

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

mack45
Trust:
Hi I had the same thing happen after the flight sim video. I changed over to using pages and found a place in settings to set the front page. But could not figure it out using posts and categories. I do not know if this is going to be a problem later or not. This is only my second word press site.
Pro at basic WP and keyword research willing to coach.mackaybruce@hotmail.com

lpolar
Trust:
Hi I have a problems trying to upload my plugin to my wordpress blog. I have download the plugin to my computer, but when I browse and try to upload to my blog. instead of upload the plugin, it opens it . What am I doing wrong? I'm a newbee not very savvy. Please help!!!
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
You need to use a ftp program, such as Filezilla, to upload to your page.

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

lpolar
Trust:
thanks Grady,
I am using filezilla. Could I have done something wrong when I download the plugin?
sheepfarmer
Trust:
I think that you have to upload it to wordpress from your computer in the zip format
Give somebody a hug>> http://www.cafepress.com/artbyemily1

This topic was started on Dec 19, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.