Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Why should I build an affiliate website?

stevenlopez
Trust:

Why should I build an affiliate website?

Hello all !

Second Post here, please excuse this probably Simple and rather Stupid Question, but here goes!

Im searching the Clickbank Marketplace again, and I ran across at really great looking offer, it has to do with making your own "Spa-Treatments" and what not at home. (Bear in mind, this site itself has a LOVELY looking site already)

And all of a sudden this thought dawns on me!!!

WHAT / HOW / WHY ...... would I want (How could I, Why would I) want to go to the Great time and expense of making a site (moreover) trying to blab on and on about this sites product(s) OR (any other given product/ niche for that matter)
in hopes that someone looking at my site would Click onto and land on the Original Merchants site, whereas by giving me a Credit/Commission. WHY doesn't one simply go that Merchants site and purchase Directly through the Merchant to begin with? After all, they are "Readily (the Merchant themselves)" available for all to see, and can easily be found on the Search engines(google) right along with all the Affiliates who are promoting the Merchants site to begin with, it just doesn't make any sense! ...... Well kind of, but not,,,,,,, Soooory here!

And also, when I type a few of the Keywords from the "Spa" Site and enter them in the search engine there are literally hundreds of Sites all pointing to the SAME Merchants site to begin with anyway!

All this is Maddening to say the least,,,,,, Im just trying to wrap my mind round the whole process, and I already find it very troubling.....

I Only wished I could afford Mark's Affiloblueprint, where I could follow along Step-by Step....... There are just so many things to wrap ones mind round!

And NO, Im not trying to take it in all at once either, Im trying to concentrate on just ONE thing at a time, and still it is hard going!

Again, sorry for the Stupid Post...... I just wished I had some direction here with all this!

Thanks in Advance...... Steven
Last edited by michellerana on 13 Nov 09 1:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: changed title to describe the post better

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Hi Steven,

You don't have to apologize for asking questions. They're the same ones I had when I first started studying affiliate marketing. I'm sure a lot of newbies will benefit from your posts :)

You can earn as an affiliate by promoting a merchant's product through your website. Since you are marketing their product, the merchants will give you commissions for each sale made through your link. This link has your ID on it so the merchant will be able to trace the sale from your site. The price is the same whether the customers purchase through your site or directly from the merchant.

StevenLopez wrote:WHY doesn't one simply go that Merchants site and purchase Directly through the Merchant to begin with? After all, they are "Readily (the Merchant themselves)" available for all to see, and can easily be found on the Search engines(google) right along with all the Affiliates who are promoting the Merchants site to begin with, it just doesn't make any sense! ...... Well kind of, but not,,,,,,, Soooory here!

Customers usually want to get more information on the product that they want to purchase. Since the merchant's site cannot give them an objective evaluation, they would look for other sites to get more information and an objective review on the product.

StevenLopez wrote:And also, when I type a few of the Keywords from the "Spa" Site and enter them in the search engine there are literally hundreds of Sites all pointing to the SAME Merchants site to begin with anyway!

You need to optimize your site so that it will be on the first page of the search engine results when people type in your keywords. The lessons on Market Research and Search Engine Optimization will give you more information on how to do this.

Hope this helps :)

Cheers,
Michelle
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

stevenlopez
Trust:
Thank you so much Michelle, for taking the time to help me here, I REALLY Appreciate it..... I'll get there sooner or later!!!

Steven :o)
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
also, there are so many relevant keywords, it would be impossible for one person to show up for all of them. KNOW Your market well, the obvious keywords will often be too hard to get good rankings for, everyone will be trying for those. Go for long tail keywords that will bring more targeted traffic, and will have less people doing the work it takes to get there.

Don't just focus on the basics think of what people get at the spa treatments and look for kw targeting those.

ex. when I think of spa, with no research, I think of things like, massage, facials, relaxation,
Look for keyword phrases on those topics and you can find people who would want the spa treatment.

also often i have found that keywords I thought would be too competitive would be too hard to rank for ranked fairly easily. No matter how much you analyze things, you will never know if you will rank for it until you try.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

This topic was started on Nov 12, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.