Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Why not turn your website articles into an ebook also?

kurt
Trust:

Why not turn your website articles into an ebook also?

I was wondering if it would be a good idea to take all the articles from your website and turn them into an ebook as well. Could even put it in kindle format and sell it next to nothing or give it away for free on Amazon. I was thinking that could be another way to reach some people. You can have your affiliate links in the ebook so you get a commission when they buy the product or products you recommend.

Maybe it would be better to not put all of your articles in it but to use it to draw them back to your website, I don't know. I just thought since it's so easy to make an ebook, why not capitalize upon it some how. Of course then you would also have to market your ebook too wouldn't you? Maybe it would just be a waste of time, i don't know. What do you think?
jseelyus
Trust:
I don't see how this will be interesting to the readers. E-books are books that links from one chapter to another,linking one line of thought to the other. The question here is how can you link one article to the other?
Jerry Seeley,
National Quest

Promote our read and win contest and get US$0.50 per successful entrance
Affiliate's Sign up here: http://www.nationalquestiononline.com/store/index.php?route=affiliate/login
Contest website here:
official website: www.http://www.nationalquestiononline.com

kurt
Trust:
jseelyus wrote:I don't see how this will be interesting to the readers. E-books are books that links from one chapter to another,linking one line of thought to the other. The question here is how can you link one article to the other?

I don't know why that would be a problem. After all, every article on your site has something to do with your niche right - different aspects of the same topic. So each article could be a different chapter in your small ebook?
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
part of the KIndle TOS is that you won't sell previously published content, which includes specifically blog articles.

However, if you have a lot of articles on your site, uyou can organize them and put them together into a better format.

You can evenuse this strategy to publish your blog as an ebook, but I recommend having more than just teh minimum 20 articles. Also, you really need actionable content if you are going to sell it. people don't want fluff, when they spend money they want quality information that solves problems.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

kurt
Trust:
Thanks James. That looks like a handy little plugin.

It sounds Like you're talking about taking the quality material out of your blog posts and putting them together to make a quality ebook of reasonable size. And then selling that? That sounds like a good idea too if you have enough quality posts.

I was thinking more like taking a small website (which promotes a physical product and a couple of other complimentary physical products) and turning the 15 or 20 articles on it into an ebook. Then maybe give it away for free on Amazon. Yes it's short, but it's also free. You make money when they click on your affiliate links inside the ebook and buy the products you recommend. And hopefully people would want your ebook because it's free and because it has a catchy title like "Picking out a Hot Tub - What You Should Know Before You Buy".

I don't know anything about hot tubs so that's probably not a good example, but some product that can seem kind of confusing at first until they find your ebook that educates them on the subject. I'm not sure if this is even a good idea, people probably don't search the books at Amazon anyway for a subject like that - relating to physical product, do they?
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
The problem is that according to the Amazon publishing guidelines, it has to be original content. it can't be previously published, including on your blog. However, I have done this type of ebook on my websites as an opt in incentive and it works really well. I didn't even have the plugin at the time, and did it manually. this makes the job a lot easier.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

kurt
Trust:
But, if you spin your articles first so that they're at least 50% unique before using them in an ebook, then they would pass Amazon's publishing guidelines for being original content wouldn't they?
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
But, if you spin your articles first so that they're at least 50% unique before using them in an ebook, then they would pass Amazon's publishing guidelines for being original content wouldn't they?

It depends on how you spun the articles and made the book I suppose. I like your idea and I think it has merit, but it is somewhat a huge undertaking as you would need to re-write those articles or spin them. I think it would help if you do a bit of research and add current info on the collated articles/eBook.

Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

This topic was started on Feb 10, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.