Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Why I EARN MORE Saying NO!

smuigal
Trust:

Why I EARN MORE Saying NO!

Hi AB Buds and Buddetts.

It's a little over a year later from the time I quit my offline job and I thought I would share a few things I've learned since then.

I was reading a post on things that get in our way to success and thought I would share something with you I had not realized until recently.

My biggest issue was confidence in ME.

I had a goal in 2010 to pay off my debts. I did that Jan of 2011. No more debt for me.

My next goal was to buy a home. We signed papers on our new home Aug. 2011.

My other goal was to QUIT SEO because the Panda was driving me nuts and so were my clients. Always pushing for more work out of me, but not paying me more.

Then it happened... My other online business was progressing and ...

I started to see enough profits that I was able to QUIT my SEO business! I was so excited about this. What happened next was VERY enlightening.

I actually told my clients I was quitting and they panicked. "WAAAAAIT! Don't do it!!!" They pleaded with me not to cancel my services. So, I thought... hrm... what do I need to do in order to make these people happy and make me "want" to continue?

More money - work way less. (5 minutes per client is all they get now)

So, I changed my entire SEO pricing. And I found just the right person to do all the work, including the reports.

Next, I called my clients and said, "Here's the deal, take it or leave it". Of course I was very nice and yet firm.

They said, "YES, that works for me".

HUH? I have to admit this confused me at first. Then I realized what had happened.

You see, I no longer needed the income so I was projecting a confidence that I had not projected before. I already KNOW my SEO work has been well worth more money, but I didn't have the confidence to tell my clients they were asking me to do too much for too little.

It all boiled down to not allowing people to walk all over me anymore. I had the upper hand. I didn't need them, they needed me.

I do not look for SEO work, but people come to me by recommendation here and there. Now I say, "This is my price and that's that." Plus, I do NOT allow them to pick my brain over and over for FREE information. I now charge them a fee I call a retainer. They pay me upfront and only THEN do I take a look at their keywords or website etc... I'm not saying I don't give away free information. But I limit it to ONE FREE phone consultation, which includes emails. They don't get to pick my brain via email over and over again either.

This has saved me a HUGE amount of my time. I mean I can't tell you how many hours I've spent on the phone with people who just want free information, free help, and give me nothing in return. Plus, my clients are happy to pay me automatically each month and they don't seem to question me anymore.

It's like they worry that if they shake my peaceful existence I might CANCEL THEM!

So, I think the lesson here is to have confidence in YOURSELF. Be proud of who you are. Be proud of what you do.

Do not fear failure. Failure is a GOOD THING! Learn from it.

I've failed tons of times. And I have learned so much from those failures. It's OK to fail.

Many famous people were told they had NOTHING to offer. They would NEVER be successful. Lucille Ball was told no one would want to see her act. Wow, I bet she had a great time telling that story and sharing the name of the idiot who said that.

Remember that you must stick it out. You have to focus. You have to set goals. You can and will be successful if you work at it and DO something. There's tons of great information within this forum. Just don't get caught up trying everything. Just try ONE thing.

I hope this is helpful to some of you who feel a bit low. Don't give up on your dream of making money online. I failed over and over again for many years. I've been online since they invented the Internet and yet it was 2009 when I was able to quit my offline job.

I'm still learning. I'm still making mistakes. But I'm learning all the time from those mistakes.

I only started to see success when I focused on ONE thing.

So, today is that day - yes? This is YOUR time!

You can DO IT! I know you can. :)

Best wishes,
Chrisi
Need help? Looking for answers? I've coached 70+ students to 5 and 6 figure success. Private message me on FB for details on a one on one session for help knowing where to start your success or end your failure. https://www.facebook.com/netwoozy.gal

jcdean
Trust:
Wow!

Soon you be charging more for SEO than Dan Kennedy does to write copy! (He charges $75,000 a page)

Real happy for you, sounds like you have achieved true freedom.
Respect,
J.C. Dean
http://KillYourDayjob.com

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Chrisi

That's wonderful! I'm so happy for you. Truly an inspirational story for all of us. I remember something I heard in passing the other "Just believe in yourself and the rest will be easy. " :)

All the best!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

esolutions
Trust:
smuigal wrote:
I hope this is helpful to some of you who feel a bit low. Don't give up on your dream of making money online. I failed over and over again for many years. I've been online since they (Al Gore) invented the Internet and yet it was 2009 when I was able to quit my offline job.

Thanks for sharing. More people should realize that it's all about mindset!
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

swordsedge89
Trust:
jcdean wrote:Wow!

Soon you be charging more for SEO than Dan Kennedy does to write copy! (He charges $75,000 a page)

Real happy for you, sounds like you have achieved true freedom.

That was a year ago, I am sorry. He now charges 150,000, let me know if you are interested. He only does 5 copies per month :)
swordsedge89
Trust:
esolutions wrote:
smuigal wrote:
I hope this is helpful to some of you who feel a bit low. Don't give up on your dream of making money online. I failed over and over again for many years. I've been online since they (Al Gore) invented the Internet and yet it was 2009 when I was able to quit my offline job.

Thanks for sharing. More people should realize that it's all about mindset!

I also think it is better to learn from others mistakes by learning the right way, failures are actually fun if money and time are not the commodity we truly care about. Unfortunately, most people cannot outsource the money needed nor outsourcing other peoples time. Failure is very beneficial if either one of them is abundant and could be easily outsourced with smart effort. So this is what pioneers do unconsciously, and truly tested method through time. Let other people contribute and carry your burden. You will be surprised how many people are willing to work free for the fun of it or donate money if you asked them the right way! :)
queenmaa
Trust:
Excellent post! I enjoyed reading it and it is very inspiring!
jseelyus
Trust:
Chris post gives me hope. Have been in the online business since 2006 but I have not been able to reach my set goals which one of them is to make a minimum of $10,000.00 a week. I have setup a lot interesting online programs but they don't sell as I expected. The only one thing that has kept me trying is blogging. Blogging has puts in my pocket $1,000.00 a month but I need to something more. I need to see how to reach that minimum of $US4,000.00 a month. I am still hoping.
Jerry Seeley,
National Quest

Promote our read and win contest and get US$0.50 per successful entrance
Affiliate's Sign up here: http://www.nationalquestiononline.com/store/index.php?route=affiliate/login
Contest website here:
official website: www.http://www.nationalquestiononline.com

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi jseelyus,

$1000 a month is not bad if that's your net proceeds from affiliate marketing. Bigger is better of course, so aiming for a higher monthly income is only natural. Are you relying on purely SEO for traffic? If so, I suggest you look at traffic from social media sites like Facebook. Make sure you engage and interact with your readers through social media sites. These will get additional traffic to your site.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

This topic was started on Feb 18, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.