Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

who gets the sale if they visit multiple affiliate sites?

tnm1234567
Trust:

who gets the sale if they visit multiple affiliate sites?

so if they read 5 reviews and buy on the 5th affiliate site, who gets the commission? thanks!
Thank you in advance for your wise advice.

Yours Truly,

schmedes2
Trust:
The last person would get the sale because their cookie would replace any others
tnm1234567
Trust:
ohhhh.... thanks! :)

Yours Truly,

pwbogle
Trust:
This is exactly why I include a "bookmark us" script early in the intro page of my sites. So if they're iffy, then hopefully, they'll return to the sales page via my bookmarked site.
schmedes2
Trust:
pwbogle wrote:This is exactly why I include a "bookmark us" script early in the intro page of my sites. So if they're iffy, then hopefully, they'll return to the sales page via my bookmarked site.

lol what a simple but cool idea. Wish I had thought of that before
pwbogle
Trust:
Glad it helps :-)
jasondodd
Trust:
just to clarify the affiliate cookie is only put on the visitors computer if they click through on the affiliate link through to the merchant .. even if they dont buy they still have the cookie in case they go back to the merchant within (usually) 60 days

unless a site engages in cookie stuffing - not encouraged, def black hat!
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

tnm1234567
Trust:
so Jason... if there are 5 cookies because they did research on the same product and read 5 affiliate reviews, the affiliate link with the most current timestamped cookie gets the commission?

thanks! :)

Yours Truly,

This topic was started on Jun 18, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.