Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Which product works best and how to use it and promote it.

huoth.tou
Trust:

Which product works best and how to use it and promote it.

Which product would work best to start making money? I've been on the other products to help make money online and it just doesn't cut it. Now I'm on affiliorama and I'm just thinking that this is it! and I hope so but I need the help that when I try something like this its gonna work out. What are you all doing maybe some one can encourage me to do so, and tutor me, as guide, show me. Inspirational speaker to guide me through. I hope someone says Affiliorama products is all I need and no other product would be working as well and no other needs or the other product that comes with it and this and that, the extra item that goes along with it would top it off and then more etc. I think affiliorama has it all but I think I got to be working with someone on this like working together to make sure this works for me.
Michael Tou

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
The training here is great, and it will work, but it isn't a get rich quick scheme. I have seen many people succeed with it and many others fail due to not following through on the work involved. It really depends on how committed you are to making it work.

It won't happen overnight, but there are people here to help you through the process.

There are many people here who will help answer your questions through the forum, but if you are wanting one on one help through everything, you will probably have to pay someone for coaching. it takes a lot of time and effort to coach someone, and those of us who are successful learn to value our own time. If you don't value it, you won't appreciate it as much.

Personally, I have done some coaching for free, and some where I have been paid. I have found that the people who pay me wind up succeeding a lot more because they are more willing to take the advice they pay for to heart and actually apply it to their business.

Still, all anyone here can do is give you advice. it is all up to you what you decide to do with it.

If you are committed to succeeding and you are ready and willing to put in the work, Mark's training is some of the best you will find, especially for newbies.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

mouldedashideas
Trust:
Hello James, thanks for the advice and I would take it to heart and use it to transform my affiliate journey.
Am committed, focused and prepared towards my seeing my business succeed. I would agree with you that Affilorama is a newbies encyclopedia of success. I have to utilize the resources tools and support at the disposal. How much can one pay for One-on-one Coaching? thanks for the post, James.
PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
Yeah, Affilorama has all you need to really get off the ground (I can say this from personal experience!).

The community here has really helped me more times than I can count, and I'd like to believe that I've at least given back a small fraction of what I've gotten here :)

Yes, courses like AffiloBlueprint aren't a get rich quick scheme, but they do teach you the basics of how to set up a money-generating website.

If you take the time to dig into the forum and the community here, you'll get to know some of the "regulars" here like James and some of the others and you can get a lot of help that way.

Coaching can be pricey, but it can be worth it too. I've never had a IM coach myself, but I know Sean Morrissy, one of the first few members at Affilorama, offers coaching. I've met Sean in Person once and he's a genuine, honest guy who I would recommend if you're interested in that sort of thing.

Before you do coaching though, I'd recommend getting some kind of system, whether that's AffiloBlueprint, AffiloJetpack, or something else, and stick with it 100% (no getting distracted by WSO's or other new "shiny" things...). Implement that one system like a madman and you'll likely get good results. That's what I did :)
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Mine is not the typical success story... But it's not a story of failure.

I started following AffiloBlueprint 2.0 a few years ago after being introduced to it by my brother (James, who was the first one to reply to this thread). I had actually been introduced to IM a year before, but felt the system I was learning would be better applied to a different niche than the one being taught, but I was not (at that time) provided the resources for following up on my hunch. I also did not like the "cookie cutter" approach to the system. Just by browsing the free lessons, I confirmed much of what I had suspected the year before.

When I first started following AB, I was "gung-ho" and made it through some of the early lessons fairly easily. Much of what I was learning I had learned before, but some of the gaps I had suspected were there before were filled in, giving me the resources I needed and felt had been lacking in the previous training. With my previous background in web page design, I quickly had a 15 page site up and running.

Then I hit a bit of a snag. Part of this was due to not feeling like i had the knowledge and skill with the topic to finish the site, but also because I was trying to start promoting what I had. I felt like I was trying to push myself too to generate content not only for my site but for all the ways I was supposed to promote my site as well.

Since I had a job and other interests, I kind of let the site alone after doing about half the pages recommended and barely even scratching the surface on promotion. I think I had maybe 10 articles (if that) and a few blog comments around the web promoting my site.

When the Jetpack program came along, I used it to start my second site, but again, I didn't put as much effort as I should have into setting it up correctly and promoting it. A part of the problem I had with the promoting was the conflicting reports I was hearing from different people on the effectiveness of the methods being taught here. Some said they were having success, but others weren't, and algorithm changes were affecting this.

Off and on, I would do a little work for either or both site, but to be honest, I was more lazy and not doing much. In the 2.5 years since joining, I made a few sales here and there, but languished in Clickbank's "Not yet met Customer Distribution Requirements" needed for payout. At one point, I had over $60 waiting for me. But that dwindled down. I think I lost almost $100 in possible commissions because I wasn't getting enough sales. Finally, earlier this year, I managed to break through and get a commission check. I had lowered my threshold down to the lowest level, so I was able to get a $25 check. No where near what I've spent in all that time in hosting fees, domain fees, training fees, Aweber fees, etc.

But remember -- I WAS DOING NOTHING!! I had done one or two really smart things in naming some files, and somehow some of my images were up high in image searches, so I garnered a lot of traffic that way. However, I was not writing articles (or paying for them to be written), spent little if anything on "traffic" services, had little in the way of blog comments... Yet I still made sales.

So if I was spending all this money, and not seeing any results, why didn't I quit? 3 reasons.

First, I didn't feel like I was paying a lot just to see if I might could figure out a way to make this work. I mean, how many other "businesses" could you support on a mere $30 a month + $10 a year? (In case you're wondering, that's the cost for hosting, AWeber, and domain registration. Okay... I've also been paying for AffiloramaPremium, but even with that, it's less than $100 a month for me). I figured I could squeeze that in. Somehow. At least until the site started paying for itself. Right?

Second, my brother was becoming more and more successful with it. Okay. Granted, he had the advantage of not having a "day" job like me, wasn't trying to support a family, and also spent a lot of time selling services just to pay the bills while he built the income from his sites. But in talking with him, I knew that he was finding things that were working for him and he has slowly been able to let go of some of those tasks he didn't really enjoy doing.

Third, and most important, I realized and kept in mind one fact: I had not put in the effort I should to make this work. And as long as I truly had not put forth that effort, is it truly fair of me to say that it doesn't work?

Believe me, now that all I have holding me back is the threshold, I'm more motivated than ever to try to make sales. And though I haven't made much yet, it's because I know I haven't figured out the traffic game yet. That's the piece I'm studying now, and as I begin to get more traffic, I'll begin to make more sales, and eventually I'll be where I want to be.

The point of my story is that it can work if you really and truly put forth the effort. There are only 2 ways to fail with this system: don't perform the actions and give up. If my story's any indication, that's only half true. Don't give up. Even if you get sidetracked, come back. Keep trying. And focus on what you learn here until you get it to work.

You can do it!
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

Site Admin
maryt
Trust:
Oh my Gradyp, I can actually relate to your story. This is very inspirational. :)

Hello Websurfer,

First of all, welcome to Affilorama. Just like what others already said here, yes this site and this community can help you become successful in affiliate marketing.

However, you have to remember that the lessons, blogs, and advice that you get here are just your guide. Still, success will depend on how much time and effort you put to it.

Additionally, when you start, you may encounter more problems than solutions. But never give up. Always be positive and bear a lot of patience as affiliate marketing is not really an easy-money scheme kind of thing.

Listen to the experts above. They have given you valuable tips and lessons that you can use.

Good luck!

Mary
Not sure which Affilorama tool you need? Take the quiz! http://www.affilorama.com/redirect/quiz

Web: http://www.affilorama.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/affilorama
Facebook: http://www.affilorama.com/facebook

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." ~Sidhhartha Guatama

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
What are you all doing maybe some one can encourage me to do so, and tutor me, as guide, show me. Inspirational speaker to guide me through. I hope someone says Affiliorama products is all I need and no other product would be working as well and no other needs or the other product that comes with it and this and that, the extra item that goes along with it would top it off and then more etc. I think affiliorama has it all but I think I got to be working with someone on this like working together to make sure this works for me.

I would like to say to you that Affilorama and the products/courses we offer would be all you'll ever need to succeed online. But that won't be credible because I am part of the Affilorama staff. It won't be true either because there are other things online that will help you along the way.

We do try out best to give the best value to all our members and to be *the* training and support portal for all affiliate marketers. You will encounter a lot of tools to help you along the way, some paid, some free. Either way, always go for the one that works for you and stick with it. Same with the courses/products. There are other products there that can help you, we have the same. Whichever you choose, follow it through and stick with it.

Learning the ropes in affiliate marketing is like going through college all over again. You have plenty to study ahead of you and while it's great to find people to help you (and we definitely would!), you'll mostly be on your own. You need to constantly motivate yourself and keep yourself focused.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

This topic was started on May 18, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.