Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

When is the right time to monetize my blog?

cattails
Trust:

When is the right time to monetize my blog?

When should you start adding Adsense, affiliate links, amazon ads etc.. to your new blog? I'm not saying I would use all of these at the same time. Maybe switch off and see which does better.

Does the amount of traffic determine when to start monetizing? If so what is a reasonable guide to go by? Meaning is it "X number of visits per day, by week, by month"? What is the minimum number of visitors?

Do you start when you think you have good content with little traffic?

Appreciate opinions, Cattails
Last edited by michellerana on 22 Jan 10 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

sheepfarmer
Trust:
Everybody has their own opinion but I say as soon as you get done reading this post you go and get yourself an affiliate link (or something) and put it up. No sense waiting. Somebody could happen onto your site and you will have let an opportunity slip by if you do not have anything there for them to click.
Give somebody a hug>> http://www.cafepress.com/artbyemily1

digiblue
Trust:
I agree. You want to be fully monetized and ready to collect sales as soon as your site goes live.
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Guys,
I am not disagreeing but personally I would wait a couple of months to FULLY monetise it.
I am finishing up http://www.troystips.com and I don't want to bombard my subscribers or visitors with tons of ads, banners and adsense right of the bat.
but, either way is fine.. as long as you plan it right.
Just my 2 cents.
Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

This topic was started on Jan 21, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.