Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

when did you make your first sale?

tnm1234567
Trust:

when did you make your first sale?

Dear AffiloFriends, I just published my site http://www.ralphsgreenenergyguide.com/ on 5/13. I am trying to guage my performance. Can you all share when you made your first sale? 1 week? 2 weeks? 12 weeks?

just wondering when i should expect to have a sale and if i havent made a sale by then what i would need to tweak.

thanks guys!
Thank you in advance for your wise advice.

Yours Truly,

tuxonio
Trust:
Hi! Tnm how are you?
I just saw your site and it looks well built...the niche that you are promoting is very convertible...It is one of the niches that I am in...I made my first sale almost 2 months from buying my first e.book on internet marketing...but there is not an standard time some people take longer others shorter...In my opinion what counts is steady sales..that is the important part...because you can sell several in a week or day and then nothing...that is where I am now so I decided to take it easy on ppc until all the pieces fit together, the landing page, the content , the offer , the review, the ad, the blog I think everything has to fit and then....released the dogs and push the offer until you have steady sales and ROI.

I am 100% sure that internet marketing works...and works very well but we have to be patient and never surrender...is a complex endeavor but the rewards will be great.
Take care and best
Arturo
jacksonlin
Trust:
Hey buddy

I think instead of focusing on the first sale you should focus on continued sales.

I also think you should consider adding an email capture box. I have been making pretty sales off my list alone.

Remember, it's a long term business, so instead of thinking of the first sale, think of consistent sales!

=]
tnm1234567
Trust:
thanks guys! i really love this forum and appreciate all you more experienced people helping us newbies out. :) so my take away is to look at it more in the long term and that overtime a sales pattern will emerge. guess this being my first site i was worried i would get zero sales without ppc.

Yours Truly,

tnm1234567
Trust:
oh! and I am taking your advice and adding an email box. just dont know what the content of the letter will be. this is a hard niche for me to come up with content. i have yet to find a good plr service.

Yours Truly,

richmannow
Trust:
Hey,

Cool looking site Jackson... how long have you been building it for?
It looks really well done!

Yes, it's always nice to get a rough idea on when you can expect to get your first sale rolling in. I'd love to know the same thing...

It's something to look forward to when you're first starting out. But, i agree that having sales on a consistent basis is more difficult to come by than getting sales at random.

I believe that having a well targeting list, and generating a good relationship ship with them helps a great deal in sustaining a solid online business and increasing overall sales for you.

Best of luck to you,

Shaun
briancol
Trust:
jacksonlin wrote:Hey buddy

I think instead of focusing on the first sale you should focus on continued sales.

I also think you should consider adding an email capture box. I have been making pretty sales off my list alone.

Remember, it's a long term business, so instead of thinking of the first sale, think of consistent sales!

=]

Hey Jackson, Very awesome site buddy!! i am well impressed, it must be rockin! * high 5's Jackson!
jacksonlin
Trust:
richmannow wrote:Hey,

Cool looking site Jackson... how long have you been building it for?
It looks really well done!

Yes, it's always nice to get a rough idea on when you can expect to get your first sale rolling in. I'd love to know the same thing...

It's something to look forward to when you're first starting out. But, i agree that having sales on a consistent basis is more difficult to come by than getting sales at random.

I believe that having a well targeting list, and generating a good relationship ship with them helps a great deal in sustaining a solid online business and increasing overall sales for you.

Best of luck to you,

Shaun

Thanks!

That was my very first affiloblueprint site. I made that 6 months ago.

Yes, getting a sale here and there is alright, but what you really want is CONSISTENT long term sales. For passive income forever!

So let's look at the real picture, instead of focusing on the single sale, let's focus on making a long term business!

=]
tuxonio
Trust:
Hey guys how is it going?...
Great site Jackson..are you having constant sales with this site?
I saw your site Brian..and i find it well built with good content and graphics...I will probably changed the color, it is kind of a sad color. You could use something colorful so people have some optimism about the yeast infection treatment...and definitely an Opt-in form...eventually you will build a list...

If you can criticized my page I will appreciated...www.phonesearch-reviews.com that is also my first affiliate site and build it before the Affilo Blue Print

Take care...best
Arturo
tnm1234567
Trust:
hi briancol, wow your site looks awesome! since i want all of us to make it and meet each other on the other side of success, i just want to point out some things from Marks lessons. Your page what is thrush is optimized for keyword "what is thrush". i believe mark mentioned that our keywords should by highly targeted. a keyword such as "what is thrush" may attract people who are doing science research papers or other affiliate marketers looking for information about a new niche. i think it might be broad enough where it will attract traffic but no buyers. its just a minor suggestion. i would hate for any of my affilofriends to put work into a beautifully done site only to attract a lot of non buyers.

one more thing i learned from affiloblueprint is the lesson on banner blindness. mark mentioned that people get banner blindness and he is right. when i was looking at your site for 2 monetizations above the fold, i didnt see any on this page http://www.remediesforthrush.com/whatisthrush.html. then i realized there was one. but i had banner blindness and didnt see it because it was in the shape of a banner.

one more important lesson that mark stresses on in monetization lesson is 2 calls to action above the fold and at least 3 on every page. i think you may want to verify that these criteria are met for your articles.

but i am being very nit picky only because i want all of us to be successful and i absolutely 100% believe in mark and the above is how he recommends it be done.

in regards to backlinking, i would happily give you a backlink but its more valuable if it comes from related site. check out article marketing automation. im trying them out on marks recommendation and so far am very happy. 8 backlinks in my niche with little effort on my part.

good luck and please critique my site as well. i have a thick skin. bring in on and i will meet you on the other side of success this time next year. :)

Yours Truly,

jimtsa
Trust:
Good to see someone sharing and improve the business together.
I am new to this and hopefully I can let you guys know my first sale experience.

This topic was started on May 16, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.