Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Whats with all the red outs

marymeagan
Trust:

Whats with all the red outs

Hi guys

I've noticed in the last few days that many names, urls, titles, etc. are now in red with blue text that is really difficult to read.

At first I thought it was only in Affilorama or Affiloblueprint that adopted this new ridiculous way of showing text, but I've noticed it on many sites so I guess Google has really taken leave of their senses.

Yesterday I went into the Affilobluprint forum to check on one of my posts, and I usually just look for my user name to see my post and had to get out my magnifying glass to see it.

So what is the reasoning behind this ? ( I can't think of anything positive about this new system )

Larry
Larry Bauge

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Sorry for the inconvenience, Larry :(

Can you send us a screenshot at support@affilorama.com so that we could check and resolve the issue?
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Site Admin
simonslade
Trust:
Hi Larry

Do you have the Affilorama SEO Extension installed?

It may be the link scanner on that if you have it turned on to highlight nofollow and external links :)

Let me know.
Add us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

marymeagan
Trust:
Hi guys

I feel a bit embarrassed here.... so what you are saying the problem is probably on my end,

Even when I did searches in Google I would find this on other sites, so it is not something unique to AF or AB

I haven't a clue if the SEO extension is installed or if the link scanner is on......these things you will have to explain how to do because it must be something I did with out knowing. ( I assumed it was every where )

Larry

PS... even in XSP I have this problem and most linked text in my web site is high lighted in light grey,

http://www.cheapestenergies.com/best-alternative-energy-sites.html
Larry Bauge

marymeagan
Trust:
I don;t know why I sent you my web site url, if the problem is on my end ,then you wouldn't be able to see it, and the url is high lighted in grey on my side

Larry
Larry Bauge

sheepfarmer
Trust:
I know that everytime I come to the affilorama forum all of the writing is very tiny. I hit affilorama news (or any of them) then hit the back button and then everything is back to normal.
Give somebody a hug>> http://www.cafepress.com/artbyemily1

marymeagan
Trust:
Hi Michellerana

I finally figured out how to send a screen shot of my problem, which I sent to the link you provided.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Larry

PS......I get those red outs every where, not just in AF or AB plus links are a light gray......this all started after I purchased AMA and have been spinning articles, and only discovered this when I came in to use the forum and don't have a clue what has happened.
Larry Bauge

marymeagan
Trust:
Hi guys

I finally figured out why I get all the red outs in this forum, plus it also effected other forums I visited

I purchased Rapid Writer and was watching one of the videos and my problem was addressed in this video, and it was so simple to fix

If you go to the very bottom right hand corner of this page you will see a "chain link" image beside the Alexa rank which is a no follow link. If you click on this "chain link" it will change to a red color and then you will get the red outs I've been experiencing, then click on it again and the red outs disappear.

The location of this link is right below the scroll down bar making it easy to mistakenly click on it,

Simonslade gave me the right solution, but I didn't know it at the time ( I need things explained in simple terms LOL )

Larry
Larry Bauge

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
sheepfarmer wrote:I know that everytime I come to the affilorama forum all of the writing is very tiny. I hit affilorama news (or any of them) then hit the back button and then everything is back to normal.

Could you try pressing "ctrl" and "+" on your keyboard to increase the font size on your screen and see if this resolves the issue?
Michelle
Customer Support

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
marymeagan wrote:Hi guys

I finally figured out why I get all the red outs in this forum, plus it also effected other forums I visited

I purchased Rapid Writer and was watching one of the videos and my problem was addressed in this video, and it was so simple to fix

If you go to the very bottom right hand corner of this page you will see a "chain link" image beside the Alexa rank which is a no follow link. If you click on this "chain link" it will change to a red color and then you will get the red outs I've been experiencing, then click on it again and the red outs disappear.

The location of this link is right below the scroll down bar making it easy to mistakenly click on it,

Simonslade gave me the right solution, but I didn't know it at the time ( I need things explained in simple terms LOL )

Larry

Glad you were able to resolve the issue, Larry :)

Thank you for posting the instructions on how to address this problem. This will help other members who are experiencing the same issue to find a resolution.
Michelle
Customer Support

This topic was started on Apr 26, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.