Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Whats a good click-thru rate on my hoplinks?

beldin
Trust:

Whats a good click-thru rate on my hoplinks?

Made my 2nd sale today... Woohoo!!! But I had a question about hop rates, etc...

I've had a total of about 1400 unique visitors to my site since I put it up a month or so ago. I'm getting about 14% of visitors clicking through to my affiliate. Of those 16 have clicked through to the order from and 2 have purchased. Can anyone tell me if this is a normal rate, if such a thing exists? I guess I'm trying to determine if I should change things to see if I get more click-through?

Thanks!

Stephen
Stephen

beldin
Trust:
Woohoo... and my third! :) (No I won't post each time I sell something. LOL)
Stephen

wollowra
Trust:
Hi Beldin,
It's a funny business this affiliate marketing.
Some people get 2000 visitors and 0 sales while others get 1000 visitors and 5 sales..lol
I think it comes down to the quality of traffic, relevance and a good niche.

I would expect from 2000 visits that 5% will click through to the merchant.
That's 200 clicks and then 1-2% will buy so ...2 to 4 sales per 2000 clicks to merchant.

If your site and ad are REALLY relevant you could get a 20% CTR to merchant and that's 4 to 8 sales.
Again this depends on your niche and how relevant your site is and if you provide really good adcopy.
Everyone will have different results.
TEST, TEST and then...ummm, oh yeah.. TEST some more...lol

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Those seem like some good stats. A general rule of thumb seems to be 1% of visitors will click your hoplink and of those 1% will buy - so according to that you would need 1000 visitors to make one sale. But of course theres a huge variation there as youve proved.

And by doing your keyword research properly and targeting the right market you can get really qualified traffic to your site - traffic thats far more likely to buy.
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

This topic was started on Nov 13, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.