Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

What was your trigger that began internet marketing for you?

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:

What was your trigger that began internet marketing for you?

hey guys,

I'm just curious about other peoples motivation for beginning your journey in internet marketing. Necessity? Curiousity? Boredom?

For me, it was because I hated the thought of going back to uni, so a week before I was supposed to go back, I took a leave of absence and then tried to find something that actually interested me.

Once I got into it, I realised what an opportunity it can be and I haven't looked back. It's just not worth going back to uni anymore. :)

Cheers guys,
Sean
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

davmontrose
Trust:
Well Sean, for me I would have to say.
Before I got into computers, I was a drummer professionally for some 14 years or so. I was playing in clubs when I was 16, and they used to make me go to my room on breaks because I wasn't old enough to be in the bars. I lived that lifestyle most of my adult life.

The money in that business was increasingly getting worse and worse, and I knew it was time to pack it in. I became a father, (am single again now, but that's a whole other story) was lonely as hell on the road all the time, and decided to come home.

When I first left that life, I had no idea what I wanted to do, and I didn't even know what else I was interested in. I bought a computer off of a buddy of mine, and that was it. I knew I had found my new interest.

I'd been interested in Internet Marketing from the start but it took me a while to get to it, with all the courses I was taking at college, I had to study my fricken head off, to pass those exams.

But I'm finally getting into and loving that I finally have time to put into, what this is for me, a dream to be working for myself online and becoming financially independant on my own terms, without anybody telling me how much I can earn. A J.O.B tells you what you can earn. An internet marketing business, you set those terms, no limits :D That's what it's about for me. Wish me luck, because I don't think I'll be able to stop until I get there, from obsession LOL Davin
PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
I'm just curious about other peoples motivation for beginning your journey in internet marketing. Necessity? Curiousity? Boredom?

Hey Sean,

My motivation?... FREEDOM!

I'd run a retail business for the past 27 years so I've lived a really restrained life... work 6 to 7 days a week. Although I loved my business and my customers, I knew I was ready for a change.

I got into internet marketing so I would have the freedom to go on vacation when I want and stay as long as I want.

The freedom to have a "real" weekend off from work, meaning Saturdays and Sundays -what a luxury - I still have to pinch myself when I take the kids out for breakfast on Saturdays, or we go shoppping --what a kick!

The freedom to take the kids down to the pool and work poolside with my laptop.

The freedom to make my own paycheck by devoting as much or as little time to my business as I feel like for that week.

Another thing that drove me to IM is the dream of residual income. Is there anything better than being on vacation, checking your mail and seeing you made sales... woohoo!

I'm blessed and living my dream of freedom right now thanks to my online business... next step, making the BIG bucks :wink:

PC
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Lamborghini Gallardo....

Kidding - freedom for sure.

Adrian,
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Yep, sounds like we're all pretty similar.

What colour Lambo do you want Adrian? I saw one in London that was a chameleon type colour and it just looked wrong. I reckon I'll go with black :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com

PremiumMember
eddie53
Trust:
I have interests in offline business, but will make the switch one of these days.

I am doing it partime and learning as I go... never can know enough.

The freedom and mobility of the business are the big drawcards.
wendy
Trust:
About a month ago, I was listening in on a teleseminar that was about article marketing. The guest speaker mentioned using articles to sell affiliate products. I made a note of it on a pad of paper.

For hours afterward, I wondered what exactly "affiliate marketing" was. I finally sat down and did some research. The more I read, the more I felt confident this could be something I could do. To me, online marketing brings together everything I love--writing, researching, Web design and having yet another aspect of the Internet to explore that I hadn't before.

I thought, if all these other people are making oodles of money doing the things I love, why wasn't I?

There are moments when I am drawn in by the potential to make a great deal of money, but mostly I love the challenge of it.

I have a source of income already from the counseling services I offer. But the idea of creating a passive income excites me because I could be helping people so much more and in so many other ways if I had a lot more financial freedom.
alvin
Trust:
Would you believe it if I told you guys that all this just fascinates me? That's why I'm doing this. If I get a Lambo, that's fine too...

No seriously, learning how copy can make someone buy, email marketing, conversion statistics, split testing, ad tracking, etc... the whole thing is really interesting to me...
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I agree with you Alvin, it is all pretty interesting. I wonder if it would be as interesting if it was only possible to make an average income?
www.SixDayWeekend.com

alvin
Trust:
Don't get me wrong, its not just a hobby for me. I take my fascination and use that as 'fuel' (or motivation) to make this work for me.

I'd like to share this with you guys... Just last night I had the marvelous privilege to spend 2 hours with Willie Crawford in person! He's in Malaysia (where 'm from) for the World Internet Summit and invited his list to come meet him. Since I'm an early bird, I replied fast and I got this incredible marketer all to myself...

He makes all this sound so simple. He focuses on one project at a time, researches it and puts his full energy in one until it finishes, then moves on to the next. Its all about focus, research and a whole lot of perseverence!

I'm going to blog on my meeting soon and share that with you guys. Believe me, he makes more than an average income and just listening to this really nice man share his passion for Internet Marketing taught me more then all the things I've learnt this year!
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
sean06 wrote:Yep, sounds like we're all pretty similar.

What colour Lambo do you want Adrian? I saw one in London that was a chameleon type colour and it just looked wrong. I reckon I'll go with black :)

Metallic blue.

Adrian,
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
That's pretty cool Alvin. I guess for us, it's a bit like meeting sporting stars or something. Someone we're trying to emulate.

And not a bad choice with the metallic blue, Adrian ;)
www.SixDayWeekend.com

davmontrose
Trust:
That's great Alvin, I can't wait, I'm a big fan of Willies, he sure writes motivating emails. I guess that is if he writes those himself, but he sure is a down to earth guy, for sure. Davin
moon6446
Trust:
Hi Sean,

Well my motivation is also Freedom. 2 Years ago I started at my current job and I find it boring. So I started with a course about trading, that was interesting, but you need a lot of money to start up, well from there I was introduced by affiliate marketing. So I started to write google adword ads and that gave me the fullfillment I needed, but I didn't make any money with it, so after buying a couple of books now i'm here with affilorama I've just started the 90 day roadmap and think it's great :D

So that's my motivation, freedom and doing something I like and last but not least have more time to spent with my little maltese doggie :D

Simone
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
I think this thread can easily be summed up into these points.

1) Freedom of corporate stress
2) No customer hassle
3) No getting up at 5am
4) No nighshifts
5) Buy what you want when you want (within limits of course)
6) Financial stability
7) No financial stress which causes (marital) stress
8 ) Helping family with less money
9) Being able to say "Do you have change for a $1000?"
10) Not limited to living near your work. You can work anywhere.
11) Work on vacation!

Adrian,
alvin
Trust:
12. Ordering from a menu without having to look at the price!
PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
Nice summarization Adrian except

I'm all for taking the brakes off and looking forward to the days of "no limits" :wink:

Alvin that's pretty cool you got to spend some time with Willie he seems like a really great guy definitely someone we should emulate, congrats.

PC
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
promocode wrote:Nice summarization Adrian except

I'm all for taking the brakes off and looking forward to the days of "no limits" :wink:

Alvin that's pretty cool you got to spend some time with Willie he seems like a really great guy definitely someone we should emulate, congrats.

PC

Well I just meant that you can't go out and buy a new house each week.

Adrian,
cdidcott
Trust:
There is no way I could leave the house each day, going to work knowing that I was missing my only daughter growing up. Time spent with her is worth more than anything.

I'm not a computer whiz, but I have owned my own business before. I'm finding Affiliate marketing quite a challenge, but the business side of me knows that it will pay in the end.

That's my motivation.

Oh... and a Lamborghini Miura.
superaff
Trust:
I am an offline entrpreneur originally, but owning a pizzeria take too much of your time. I am a martial artist and I need time to train; I can't do a 9-5 job anyway. I tried this before, but it's definitively not for me...

When I got married, I couldn't do Pizza management, training,spend time with familly...

I got to find a solution. Happily, one of my qualities is to find new ideas and new businesses. One day, while looking at my computer screen, I said in myself: "I am sure I can make money from the Internet".

Immediately, I switched on my computer and taped in Google: Make Money Online. that was in december 2005... I've never give up until I made my first $1 online. I said: If I made one I can make $2. If I can make $2, $4 will come...

So my main motivation?

1) time free
2) training when I want
3) Time with wife /children
4) Travel when I want
5) Work at home (in my bed) and having fun.
6) Meet people from every country online.
Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html