Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

What's your take on "Wealthy Affiliate"?

ziggzip
Trust:

What's your take on "Wealthy Affiliate"?

I've been a member of Wealthy Affiliate for a few months now. To be frank, they've got some awesome tools, but the site seems inundated with too much repeated information, I've felt a bit overwhelmed. I know that is normal for a "newbie", but I had a totally different reaction when I found the free articles and videos on "Affilorama". It seemed so straight forward and easily understood.

I've got a deli ma at the moment. I'm currently locked in at "$39" per month with WA, yet they've raised the monthly cost to about "$97" per month, for new members. As I understand it, here it's "$69" per month. What to do? At the moment I've spent hours and hours researching everything (article writing, PPC, SEO, keyword research, niches, on/off page for websites, etc.) and haven't made a dime (so spending more monthly needs to be well-thought-out, or spending any at all at this point). I can't blame WA, it's because I haven't taken action and am fearful of directing my time in the wrong place. I'm not going for any "cheesy" marketing, I want to make money, but also want to help people find what they want.

So, if anyone knows of both/either of these programs, would you give me some insight into the pros and cons? Don't worry I'm not going to war both affiliate programs against each other (notice no anchor links). I just want an honest answer. I have no complaints of either (though I haven't used the "premium" package here).

Thanks all. Get rich!

tish*
Live your life now!

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Well, i cannot say from experience, but I know there were several people here when i started that said they got more from affilorama than WA. of course, come into our house, and we will promote the stuff here above another system, but having been in many other membership sites, and training sites, Affilorama is the best that I have seen. The staff here is top notch, and you will get fresh help.

The best advice I can tell you is stop learning and start doing. too many people never get past the learning stage, and fail to make any money because of it.

you will learn more as you go, and you will understand what you are learning better.

I have been here for over a year, and I still learn new things every day. I learned things with Mark's new reports just this week, and i have been following his email marketing methods for over a year.

Any forum will have some level of repetitive information. part of that is because different people will ask the same question. It is something that you live with when dealing with forums.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

ziggzip
Trust:
Well, i cannot say from experience, but I know there were several people here when i started that said they got more from affilorama than WA. of course, come into our house, and we will promote the stuff here above another system, but having been in many other membership sites, and training sites, Affilorama is the best that I have seen. The staff here is top notch, and you will get fresh help.
"House"=descriptive. "Fresh help" is what I'm looking for too. I was hoping for an objective response, which you've given. ty Please expound on how it is the "best". You've seem to be someone that is straight forward.

The best advice I can tell you is stop learning and start doing. too many people never get past the learning stage, and fail to make any money because of it.
Wow, that at the moment seems to be my biggest obstacle. I'm going to write that on a "sticky" on my mac's "widget". Prefect description of this "newbie". How'd you get past it? Is this comment from experience? The real question, are you making money from all your hard effort?

you will learn more as you go, and you will understand what you are learning better.[/quote]
Trial and error, right. Learn from your mistakes? I'm learning, despite everyone's generous effort to help us "newbies" cut pass all the dead ends; we still need to learn the hard way.

I have been here for over a year, and I still learn new things every day. I learned things with Mark's new reports just this week, and i have been following his email marketing methods for over a year.
I'm anticipating his new program he's releasing soon. Gosh I hope I can afford it. "Affillojetpack". What are your thoughts? I'm worried the price will be too high and/or the internet will be flooded. I'd even like one niche to use an example to make my own.

Any forum will have some level of repetitive information. part of that is because different people will ask the same question. It is something that you live with when dealing with forums.
I'm to blame, I didn't search for redundancy in my post. I'll do that now. #1 rule to forums and I didn't subject...ikes. At least you answered me, I need this specific response directed at me. Sometimes I feel like a number. One-on-one mentoring is priceless.

tish*
Live your life now!

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Hi zig,

I will try to answer your questions.

marks training is the best that I have seen because it is the closest thing that you will find to having somone take you by the hand and walk you through it. he doesnt just tell you what to do, he shows you every step, and explains what he is doing. I have seen complete newbies who barely could check their emails go through his training and build very successful sites.

i learned the stop learning and start doing right here at affilorama. it is some of the best advice i ever heard and i follow it every day myself. you are not alone. it is the biggest obstacle of most people. I talked to a guy the other day who had been learning for 7 years and has never written a single article, yet complains that he cannot make this online business work.

you will never know what you can do until you try. I never thought I could write 10 articles for my own website, and now i run a ghost writing service as well as my affiliate sites.

There are some things that you will have to learn for yourself. every job faces this. when people graduate and go into their jobs, they often say they learn more in the first year on the job than in all their years in school. this is normal. You will make mistakes, and some will cost you customers. I had a good size email list, (over 1000 people) and i lost half that list with one broken link in an email. now i check every email before i send it out to my list. it was a lesson learned. Look at every failure as a lesson rather than something bad, and you will grow and become successful.

I have already been reviewing affilojetpack, it would seem like spam to link to everything i have written about it, I have about 100 different articles on what i have seen, but the review in my sig file should show you. it is not just a review to get sales, it is my honest view of the product.

Just to give you an example though, I have been in the im niche for a while, it was actually my first consistently successful site, yet, in a year of being in this niche, this is the first product launch I have ever promoted. Not for lack of availability. in fact I have reviewed several big launches, and none of them gave the quality that I require for my customers.

as far as the redundancy issue, thats ok. i was actually answering your question about why the training in some places seems to repeat the same things. you will see that here too. remember though, that there are people here at all levels of learning, and sometimes it is easier to ask a question over than dig into the archives to find a thread. Or sometimes someone will dig up a thread that is several months or years old to get the answers. Another thing is that some topics will repeat but the answers change as the way things online work change.

If you ask me about link building now, my anwers are totally different than they were 6 months ago. One on one mentoring is priceless. however, many people fail to realize the reason we charge for mentoring one on one is because it takes a lot of time away from our own business. Personally, i dont mind helping in the forums, and I will do some one on one with people, even a few hours. but, it they want long term one on one time, they have to pay for it. not because i want to milk peoplb, but because my campaigns are not getting the attention they need and so i lose money.

Marks video training classes are the next best thing. Affilo Jetpack and affiloblueprint are the closest thing to having that mentor that you will find without paying monthly fees for it. plus his live webinars where you can ask him any questions that you have are priceless.

chris72
Trust:
Hey Tish

As someone who has been a member of WA "welcome aboard!"

James has pretty much covered everything very well - as he does, but there is one other thing that I'd like to add.

At WA the tutorials are pretty standard but if you needed information that was not presented as part of the course then you had to spend hours sorting through all the 'other tutorials' from members. In the end it is very much a community lead site - which is OK for people who know what they are doing, really tough on newbies.

Affilorama is lead from start to finish by Mark Ling and his team and it is this consistency that makes their tutorials and site so great and easy to follow.

The best part is that all the relevant info that you need is free - you don't actually need to pay $67 a month.

The AffiloBlueprint course packages all the info that you will need to get going in a really tidy package....nothing left out, really easy to understand and awesome value - but the tutorials cover Xsite Pro and Wordpress site set up - so you will probably struggle with Dreamweaver.

AffilJetpack will be something else as most of the work will be done for you - you do pay more for this, but it is a one off fee and extremely good value as well.

Have a look through James' link for AffiloJetpack, download the stuff, get on the mailing list and you will start to see what the hype is about. It goes on sale on 27 July so a proper 'sales' page will be available then for you to look at.

I believe that WA will be trying something similar but it is nowhere near as comprehensive and you are still locked into that $99/month contract.

If you decide to cancel your membership with WA then you will need to check out how much of what you have done can be transferred out with you. (eg - have you got a site done with Site Rubix? Have you set up one of their blogs? Are any of your domains hosted with them?)

Sorry, I have gone on wayyyy more than I thought I would - but certainly hang around here a bit longer for free until you have made your mind up. we're a pretty cool bunch ;o)

Chris
Kick-Butt Writing Services http://rachaelmcnaught.com

Outstanding Quality PLR Packs http://niche-plr-products.com

Learn to be a Digital Writer http://thedigitalwriter.net/

ziggzip
Trust:
Go on as long as you'd like! Thoroughly enjoyed it. I have not set-up any blogs or websites with WA, so I think I'm good to go. I just don't want to lose the locked in monthly fee of $39, returning would mean almost double. The affiloblueprints looks good, but I'm going to try to hold out for the AffiloJetpack. What is your best guess on the cost? I hope it is not over $197. I do like the way this website is run. In shock over all the free information too. Good start. I think what I use the most from WA is the keyword search tool. I'm not prepared to pay for other tools.

Thanks again for the great chat.

tish*

chris72 wrote:Hey Tish

As someone who has been a member of WA "welcome aboard!"

James has pretty much covered everything very well - as he does, but there is one other thing that I'd like to add.

At WA the tutorials are pretty standard but if you needed information that was not presented as part of the course then you had to spend hours sorting through all the 'other tutorials' from members. In the end it is very much a community lead site - which is OK for people who know what they are doing, really tough on newbies.

Affilorama is lead from start to finish by Mark Ling and his team and it is this consistency that makes their tutorials and site so great and easy to follow.

The best part is that all the relevant info that you need is free - you don't actually need to pay $67 a month.

The AffiloBlueprint course packages all the info that you will need to get going in a really tidy package....nothing left out, really easy to understand and awesome value - but the tutorials cover Xsite Pro and Wordpress site set up - so you will probably struggle with Dreamweaver.

AffilJetpack will be something else as most of the work will be done for you - you do pay more for this, but it is a one off fee and extremely good value as well.

Have a look through James' link for AffiloJetpack, download the stuff, get on the mailing list and you will start to see what the hype is about. It goes on sale on 27 July so a proper 'sales' page will be available then for you to look at.

I believe that WA will be trying something similar but it is nowhere near as comprehensive and you are still locked into that $99/month contract.

If you decide to cancel your membership with WA then you will need to check out how much of what you have done can be transferred out with you. (eg - have you got a site done with Site Rubix? Have you set up one of their blogs? Are any of your domains hosted with them?)

Sorry, I have gone on wayyyy more than I thought I would - but certainly hang around here a bit longer for free until you have made your mind up. we're a pretty cool bunch ;o)

Chris
Live your life now!

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
jetpack is $497 but you get over $30,000 worth of content. being an affiliate and having my review, i can tell you that it is the highest quality you will find. this is the same quality of content that Mark uses on his own sites. he didnt cut any costs on getting the best.

ziggzip
Trust:
jmpruitt wrote:jetpack is $497 but you get over $30,000 worth of content. being an affiliate and having my review, i can tell you that it is the highest quality you will find. this is the same quality of content that Mark uses on his own sites. he didnt cut any costs on getting the best.

Wow, that's a lot. Maybe they'll take payments? Or I wish I could buy one niche, just so I have an example. If I can't afford it at this time, can you give me another area to start?

Oh, I don't know if I'm cutout for this... Ikes. That is disappointing. I don't doubt it is worth it, but it's a rather large investment for someone who isn't making any money at this.
Live your life now!

chris72
Trust:
If you can't afford Jetpack then go with AffiloBlueprint. You will make money if you stick with it - just not as fast as you would with Jetpack!
(I am saving up for a Jetpack from my blueprint earnings).

The key point is to stick with it and follow the course. How far through the WA course did you get?

ziggzip
Trust:
I didn't get too far. I started the course, but it had a time limit to the next step. I got busy and distracted on other tangents. Maybe I should revisit what they have available before I get lost somewhere else. I've learned so much, but I need to take action. I guess I have an extra dose of "caution-genes". I'm spending so much time researching, I don't want to invest time in the wrong place. I'll get it. When I make my first dollar, I'll post my success story.

tish*

chris72 wrote:If you can't afford Jetpack then go with AffiloBlueprint. You will make money if you stick with it - just not as fast as you would with Jetpack!
(I am saving up for a Jetpack from my blueprint earnings).

The key point is to stick with it and follow the course. How far through the WA course did you get?
Live your life now!

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I understsand zigg. I think the price is a barrier for a lot of people.. It is targeted tot total newbies, yet most of the newbies who it is designed to help cant afford it.

Perhaps Mark will put together a payment plan for people who cant come up with the cash all at once.

chris72
Trust:
As much as I hate to say it, you are paying for the WA course, and as a basic course it is OK. Go through it and complete it, if you don't start to make money at the very least you will work out where you are having trouble. Maybe the free lessons here will help you to fill in the gaps.

Good luck, come back and let us know how you getting on.

Chris

ziggzip
Trust:
Thanks again Chris. You're right, I need to finish the course. I'll do that before I make any changes. I do have to say, the free info. here is really bring it all together for me actually. I know a lot of this stuff, but haven't taken action. Still kind of scared. I'm not going to spend anymore money until I've taken complete advantage of the free stuff here and finished the course at WA. But, I do have to say, this place feels a whole lot more like home than WA. I wish someone would put a comparison review together. What will I lose by switching? WA has some cool tools, but without using the "premium" here, it's hard to tell. I know I could get a short-term trial, but I'm going to wait to use it until I've caught up.

Trouble for me is not lingo or knowing how things work, it's actually doing it...I hope I can get my head of of the ground soon...You all here are helping a lot. Everything seems to eat up all my time.

chris72 wrote:As much as I hate to say it, you are paying for the WA course, and as a basic course it is OK. Go through it and complete it, if you don't start to make money at the very least you will work out where you are having trouble. Maybe the free lessons here will help you to fill in the gaps.

Good luck, come back and let us know how you getting on.

Chris
Live your life now!

ziggzip
Trust:
Good I'm not alone. Naturally I could borrow from Peter to pay Paul, but do I really want to do that? I'm suppose to be making money, not spending it. I guess you have to fork out some to get some. My goal now is to finish the WA course, read all the free stuff here, and get some websites up to see if I can make any money. I wish someone would tell me what niche works, so I can have a better chance of success to get me pass the initial hump.

BTW--have you used www.weebly.com? I really like them. But the thing I'm not sure of is the <h1> title. I like to use templates because coding takes too long and I'm not very good at it. But, I'm not sure if they use the correct SEO for your website. I've also used godaddy.com's templeates "Website Tonight", but I don't think they use <h1> either. Do the bots recognized other headers? What am I missing here?

jmpruitt wrote:I understsand zigg. I think the price is a barrier for a lot of people.. It is targeted tot total newbies, yet most of the newbies who it is designed to help cant afford it.

Perhaps Mark will put together a payment plan for people who cant come up with the cash all at once.
Live your life now!

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
There are a lot of highly profitable niches. Does WA not teach how to choose a niche? i blieve mark covers niche selection in some of his training videos so make sure you check them out. honestly, most people are not going to tell you what niches they are in.

We had a really good thread around here affiliate-hangout/how-do-you-select-your-niche-t7437.html with some great tips on choosing a niche
Last edited by sydney on 19 Jul 11 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed broken link

This topic was started on Jul 20, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.