Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

What's your niche and how are you doing with it

mark schaaf
Trust:

What's your niche and how are you doing with it

I read a lot in this forum and enjoy seeing people's answers and questions, this forum seems to have a lot of friendly people in it so I thought I would ask. What niche's are you working and how are you doing in them.

Myself I have 4 sites and they are a diy solar panel site, a background check site, a pregnancy site and my biggest site is my Italian travel site. At first I was making a few sales a week with the pregnancy and solar site but all my traffic was ppc so I pretty much spent everything I was taking in on ads so I stopped it an just left them sit but plan on going back to them and doing a lot more work with articles and seo so I can get free traffic which I believe with the sales I was getting with ppc that if it were free traffic I could make some money.

With my background check site I haven't made any money with it at all don't know why but need to study it more. My travel site is my biggest site and have at least 8 pages on page 1 of yahoo and google and make some sales but nothing consistent so I don't know if it is the economy or what but I spend most of my time working on it but as I said I really need to spend more time on the other sites to get them bringing in more traffic and sales, so for me I am making a little money but not enough to write home about yet. So how are you doing are you making any money in your niche?
Mark

mark schaaf
Trust:
It looks like either no one is making any money online or no one wants to say what there niche is. If that is the case then don't tell us the niche just tell us how your doing in general. Mark
Mark

PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
Good question Mark.

So here goes another of my chapter-length posts:
Well, I'm a digital content provider (self-published info products - ebooks, so far). Have just a little bit of Affiliate Marketing in the Windows computer products niche - mostly via my Windows Wisdom blog.

My most successful Affiliate product is an online shopping cart service I installed into one of my website client's sites when I built it. He pays for the cart+mail list service every month and I get a commission. However, few of my wed services clients sell online, so haven't replicated that success. Hopefully that will change with future web projects for others.

I'd say my main issue is too many tasks and too little time. When you do:
* Billable client work to stay alive
* Create your own products
* Market those
* Keep blogs going for affiliate sales
* Keep up the learning
* Stay up with the technology
* Follow the industry
* Market yourself for authority and potential JVs

What seems to happen is that one or more of these items doesn't get done - often that's posting new content to my blogs. Given sufficient cash flow, of course, some of this can be delegated. But not yet for me. And I have some doubts about hiring writers with the writing quality I prefer to provide.

Another issue is that even when I choose hot niches to develop info products for, what I come up with always seems to be a bit ahead of what that niche market thinks they want - such that I'm indeed answering their needs, but they still have to be educated before seeing my solution as a fit to their need. That's an extra marketing task which seems rather difficult.

Guess that's a common challenge for people who create solutions themselves, rather than promoting known solutions.

Anyway, it's all good fun...

Cheers!
_jim coe

This topic was started on May 21, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.