Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

What's The Point Of Squidoo?

PremiumMember
wall69
Trust:

What's The Point Of Squidoo?

Hi Everyone,

I realise that my title may appear a bit strange but seriously, I'm baffled with it. I've made several lenses over the past few months but since I joined Affilorama I've really focused on linking them together and adding RSS feeds, anchor texts and loads of tags not to mention targeting longtail keyword phrases in the title and throughout the text.

So over the past two weeks I've made three lenses on Squidoo and got a grand total of 4 visits and I'm not entirely sure they weren't from me! I've pinged my lenses, submitted the URL's to Google and Yahoo, stumled and delicioused them, twittered them and blogged about them. I keep hearing people rave about Squidoo but no visits on three lenses makes me beg the question of what is the point of Squidoo?

I've so far had more luck with Hub Pages, although I'm not doing anything different than I do on Squidoo.

Another question is why are some of my lenses saying that they're getting old and 'need some love' when I have added RSS feeds from my blog? Surely when I update my blog then the feed will update and keep the lens fresh?

Am I missing something here? Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Nicola x
wollowra
Trust:
Just my 2 cents,
One of the points of web 2.0 etc.. is to get link backs to your site to raise your rankings in the SE. Linkbacks.
Yes, you will get some traffic from them and maybe some buyers as well.
Also, squidoo have a health check to check your lens..
http://www.squidoo.com/health-check-tool

May help.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

clickbank07
Trust:
Squidoo seems to be losing its ranking in Google...I seldom see one that can rank high in competitive niches...

Hubpages seem to be working well still but the moderators are very strict with your posted contents. They get deleted very easily if there is blatant commercial intent.

I think you got to make it real viral in the Squidoo community for your lens to get more traffic...There is plenty of traffic in the community....You don't really need Google for this particular web2.0
## There is ONLY 3 Ways to ** DOMINATE CLICKBANK ** and Any Niches
## 2 Top Clickbank Marketers describe them in this 2 x FREE PDFs at ==> http://www.imreviewlink.com/cb-quantum.php

sonitin
Trust:
Two things with squidoo

1) It definitely seems to lose its ranking mainly becuase of way too much spam. However if you are active in squidoo community i.e. commenting on other lenses, joining groups and promoting your lens with bookmarking etc it still has a good enough chance of ranking well.

2) Hubpages as already mentioned behaves better. But I have had problems with them e.g. they wont unique content. More hubs you have, the higher your chances of coming under scanner (squidoo on other hand promotes people with multiple lenses)

Anyway
I use both of them and a few other sites to create a web 2.0 link building profile and it works good. Use cheap rewritten articles for that purpose. Use free videos from youtube and free content with proper attribution.
"offshoreally.com" - One click for all outsourcing requirements including bookmarking, submissions, dedicated staff, link building..

Looking for a qualified virtual assistant to help you with your work? Click here - "offshoreally.com/internet-marketing-outsourcing-seo/virtual-assistant-link-building"

Enter The" Bad Ass" SEO Guest Blogging Contest to WIN CASH PRIZES http://bit.ly/9knBFs

PM me for coupon codes!

PremiumMember
wall69
Trust:
Hi,

I understand about using Squidoo for the backlink but it seems a lot of hassle when backlinks can be got quicker and easier by using software like Comment Kahuna.

I've done the health check on all my lenses and it's fine so I'm completely baffled......I spend most of my life like that at the mo! lol

Does anyone know that answer to my RSS part of the post. Why lenses are getting old even though the RSS is linked to my blog that get's updated three times a week?

Thought that would keep 'em fresh :)

Nicola x
sonitin
Trust:
The lenses are getting old because RSS is not an update for Squidoo. Squidoo counts updates as changes made to lenses and not rss updates else almost all the lens there will always be new. :)

As for comment kahuna - I am not really sure how much value a comment link carries in comparison to a link from squidoo lens. For me a comment is just a link that you get to your site, a squidoo lens is a web 2.0 asset that you build and can serve more than one purpose e.g. ranking for some secondary keyword :)
"offshoreally.com" - One click for all outsourcing requirements including bookmarking, submissions, dedicated staff, link building..

Looking for a qualified virtual assistant to help you with your work? Click here - "offshoreally.com/internet-marketing-outsourcing-seo/virtual-assistant-link-building"

Enter The" Bad Ass" SEO Guest Blogging Contest to WIN CASH PRIZES http://bit.ly/9knBFs

PM me for coupon codes!

excited21
Trust:
Your answer may be found here

http://www.squidoo.com/squidoo-policy-update
jasondodd
Trust:
as a PR7 site, squidoo lenses are still good articles to build backlinks and get your own site indexed by the search engines faster. uniqueness is the key here for any content regardless of where it is being hosted but i have seen hubpages coming up the ranks.

theres other sites you can investigate too such as wetpaint.com
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

This topic was started on Jun 03, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.