Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

What's the lowdown on Gravity?

profitview
Trust:

What's the lowdown on Gravity?

Hi

I'm a little new to affiliate marketing and I hear Mark saying the Gravity must be 30+, while another guy has a little ebook chugging along with a gravity of 3.4 that he seems very happy about and I see quite a few products with a gravity of 0.0,

what's the deal?

thanks

jc
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Mark recommended choosing products with a gravity of 30 because he wants you to focus on products that are profitable. If many affiliates are making sales on it then it means that many people are buying the product.
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

jcdean
Trust:
I hope some one corrects me if I am wrong but it's the number of affiliate who have sold the product in the past week.

A high gravity means that the product is selling well.
Respect,
J.C. Dean
http://KillYourDayjob.com

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
From what I've heard, the last week is the primary component with past weeks having an effect on a sliding scale, so the most recent week has the most impact.

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
jcdean wrote:I hope some one corrects me if I am wrong but it's the number of affiliate who have sold the product in the past week.

A high gravity means that the product is selling well.

Yes, the gravity is the number of unique affiliates that have made a sale for the past few weeks. If an affiliate made a sale last week, that would count as one. If another makes a sale last, last week, it will have a score of less than one. The higher the gravity, the better the product sells. If lots of other people (affiliates) are making money with a product, then there’s a very good chance you will too.
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

korkmaze
Trust:
Gravity Calculation:
First of all : An individual affiliate can never add more than 1 point to the gravity score.

if an affiliate has made a sale yesterday: adds 0.96^0 = 1 point to grav.
if an affiliate has made a sale 2 days ago: adds 0.96^1 = 0.96 points to grav.
if an affiliate has made a sale n days ago: adds 0.96^(n-1) points to grav.
n can not be greater than 56 (8 weeks)

so if xxx made a sale yesterday for a product. (1 point)
and yyy has made 10 sales yesterday. (still 1 point)
and zzz has made a sale 2 days ago (0.96 points)
the product will have 2.96 gravity score.

higher gravity means more sales?
not always
xxx has made 1000 sales for product A yesterday and is the only affiliate promoting it. (gravity for product A = 1)
50 different affiliates have made 1 sale each, for product B yesterday. (gravity for product B = 50)

(i am rather a newbie please correct me if im wrong)
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Korkmaze: Yup, that sounds about right.

The point with gravity is that you can use it to see when a lot of affiliates are having success with a product. High gravity means that a lot of affiliates have made at least one sale of the product recently.

The part where each affiliate can only contribute 1 point means that you're not being misled by stats when there's one affiliate who is completely dominating the niche, and who might be a freak of nature.

This way you know there are lots of "regular joe" affiliates doing well. They can't all be freaks ;)
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

stargate66
Trust:
Thanks for the info folks. Very interesting!
For over all wellness you need a solid Omega 3 fatty acids intake
http://www.earth-edge.com

This topic was started on Jan 20, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.