Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

What is the Potential of Affiliate Marketing?

frankirish
Trust:

What is the Potential of Affiliate Marketing?

Hi Guys

I recently bought the Affilorama package. After a number of years looking for opportunities in internet marketing I believe I have found the right one - Affiliate marketing...and the right course to learn it - Affilorama.
I bought the package on release in April, however I always seem to get distracted and am still on week one!...I believe I am allowing myself to get distracted because of a fear of this whole venture failing.
Have any of you got any words/ideas that might get me motivated...anything would be appreciated?

What are your views on the potential of Affiliate marketing?

Look forward to hearing from you.

FrankIrish
Edinburgh
lighttaurus
Trust:
hello,
i hope this thread will be helpful to you:
affiliate-programs-f30/dazed-and-confused-t2647.html

regards...
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Just gotta do it. There's plenty of potential here, you just have to get a plan and put it into action. You will encounter failures here and there, can't let that derail you.

Don't think you'll be able to get to where you want to go by never ever screwing something up.

Hope that helps,

Sean
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

frankirish
Trust:
Thanks for the reply Sean

I'm gearing up to give it my best shot(s).

Thanks
FrankIrish
tshaffer
Trust:
Any direction is better than no direction. I've found Affiliateblueprint to be the best program I've tried, but it only works because I've spent a lot of time working on it.

Most things worth having aren't easy to get. Affiliate marketing is the same way. Just commit to doing the whole program, start to finish, the way it was intended, and then chart your results.

Don't put a lot of "this had better work or I'm doing to die" pressure on the whole thing. Make it like a game. Try to get X number of pages up a day, or try to write X number of articles (if you're into the writing part). Try to grow your traffic. Try to provide your visitor with something worthwhile for visiting your page.

As you go along, take note of what worked, and what didn't. It took me 9 months to make my first site get the same amount of traffic that my aff blue site gets today. I started the aff blue site with the last release in May. So, 2 months vs 9 months. But both ways, I've built something, and without having done the first site I would never know what I did wrong.

If you never make the first site, you're going to bang your head up against the wall a lot.
frankirish
Trust:
Thanks for that tshaffer

I think I'm procrasinating because I'd find it hard if the whole project didn't work - negative. I know!

I'm gearing up to start soon.

Cheers
Frank
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
That's it Frank. Can be tough at first, just jump in there and go at it. Let us know how you're going through the forum here.

Sean
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

frankirish
Trust:
Will do Sean!

Frank
lester269
Trust:
Hey Frank!
Greetings from the fine City of Glasgow!

You're right.This is the right one. I think there is a lot of potential in this business. I'm so convinced that if we follow the Blueprint then it will come good. Some may hit the target faster than others. Others will be slower than they want to be.
Hear what you're saying. I am way behind my personal curve as well. (Week 4 for me)

My plan is don't look too far ahead. There is no time limit on this Blueprint, so if it takes a month to complete each weeks lessons, then so be it!

Look on AB2 as a series of small chunks. Week 1 leads to Week 2 leads to.......and so on.
Bet you know more about AM than you did in April!
Each day/week/month you are learning more and more, which will build up as you go through the weeks.

Don't give up!
Always plenty of help here on the forum for inspiration, technical probs, an electronic shoulder to cry on or a virtual kick up the ass if you need it.

A stubborn Weegie

Alastair
Onwards & Upwards, my fellow Affiliateers!

If you don't try, you'll always wonder why!

wollowra
Trust:
Yeah the small chunks of time advice works well..
If you have a full time job then get into a pattern of setting aside XX amount of time each day or each week and put it in your diary.
Stick to it and make sure that time is productive and you are actually doing something ...so your not just sitting there thinking about doing something.

:)
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
shalisha42
Trust:
Hi Frank. Yes, it is very easy to get distracted. Here's what I do: I make a schedule for myself. I decide how many hours per day I want to spend on affiliate marketing. If you're working full time, maybe only 1-2 hours is feasible.

Once you decide how many hours a day and how many days a week you plan to work on affiliate marketing, DO IT NO MATTER WHAT. Turn off your emails, turn off the phone, and don't click on any other links other than what you are working on.

To accomplish this, you MUST:

1) Plan what you will be working on the night before
2) Write it down
3) THEN...
4) TAKE ACTION
5) TAKE ACTION
6) TAKE ACTION
7) TAKE ACTION

There will always be distractions - if you allow it.

So for me, every day, I have committed 4 hours to affiliate marketing after I finish my other work during the day. That means for me, I have to get up extra early and sometimes, I don't take a lunch hour - but that's me. You've got to see for yourself what you are willing to sacrifice. My favorite television show is Law and Order but I give that hour up in favor of that extra hour to put into affiliate marketing.

Start with the committment to do 1 hour every day towards affiliate marketing. But be very clear on what that hour will entail, i.e, writing an article, reading in the forums, posting on your blog, etc. whatever it is have a plan. I'm really good at time management! If you need help, please feel free to ask - I've got a ton more suggestions:)
Warm Regards,

Shalisha

frankirish
Trust:
Shalisha...and all the others who responded to my initial post...thank you all!

It's great to know that there are so many people out there in a similar situation to mine - taking those first tentative steps into the world of affiliate marketing.

I think my fear of failure has definitley held me back in the past - I'm about to take a deep breath and plunge in.

Shalisha - I may take you up on your offer of further tips on staying motivated and planning.

Here's to all of us - see you on the 'other-side'.

Frank
In sunny Edinburgh
lester269
Trust:
Go for it, Frank!

Alastair
In rainy (but warm) Glasgow

frankirish
Trust:
Hi Alastair

How are you finding the course. Have you made any money in Affiliate marketing yet? You obviously see lots of potential?

I've spent the past couple of weekends in Glasgow - my daughter has just graduated from Glasgow School of Art - was there for her show and then the following weekend for the graduation at the university...lively city, Glasgow.

All the best

Frank
lester269
Trust:
Frank,

Here's some breaking piece of personal inspiration. Of how one small breakthrough leads to another one without trying.

I've been giving myself skull damage trying to get the header I created into my webpages. Been 1 whole week of torture!
Read all the post on the subject, looked at the video repeatedly, re-read the PDF file, printed off the PDF to read it at work, etc, etc. Was all set to post the "class idiot" question on the forum when on the last re-read it finally loaded at 3am.

Just home from work and checked Google and......... site is on page 5 of Google!!!!!

I have to state that Page 5 is not where I want to end up. But consider this.
I have only 5 articles in the site.
[*]Only 1 article has affiliate links live and working. (and only 50% at that)
[*]The other 4 are not monetised in any way yet.
[*]I'm not 100% sure about whether everything else (keywords, headers, tags etc) are maximised.
[*]NO Squidoo Lenses created
[*]NO Ezine submits
[*]No spun articles sent out.
[*]No Twitter etc etc.....

So the moral here is that if I can get to page 5 with so little completed of the Blueprint, then how much more effort is it going to take to move up to the 1st page of Google?

Hope this helps.

Onwards and upwards, my friend!

Alastair

frankirish
Trust:
Cheers Alastair - and good luck with it.

Keep in touch.

Frank
lester269
Trust:
No worries, Frank.

Alas, haven't made a sale yet, but.....

Bet you're proud of your daughter and felt $1million. Mine graduated from Caledonian Uni 2 years ago, (1st Class Honours in Finance!) so know that feeling.
Only bummer is that it reminds us of the age thing!

And you run, and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death
from 'Time' by Pink Floyd. Sums it up, really!

U need any help, just ask!
Be interesting to see where we both end up.

Cheers

Alastair

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
grats alastair page 5 is a big improvement from mine, not listed yet :)
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
hows are you checking? just search your keywords or is there a tool?
mabey i havent gotten far enough in the blueprint yet im on week 5
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

frankirish
Trust:
Hi Alastair

Just back from watching the Lions give the 'Boks a real doing...it's got the blood boiling - I'm determined to crack this thing.

Thanks for the great lyrics, by the way.

Cheers

Frank
lester269
Trust:
Hi Frank,
Watched a bit of the highlights as I was rewriting another article! How sad is that?
Not really a big fan of Union, League is my sport.

Even sadder is that I have only 4% space remaining on my Sky+. That shows you how many Superleague/NRL games I haven't watched yet, due to work being done here!

No gain without pain, as they say.

Might be good to meet up over a coffee soon and chew the fat on this malarkey. Girlfriend lives out east, so should be able to sort something out.

Onwards & Upwards

Alastair

PS. Cant find my ranking in Google at all. Not bothered tho.
I know it's out there somewhere and I can call myself a Webmaster now.LOL

xenopus
Trust:
Frankirish.. Although we have totally different accents of course ;) you sound a lot like me!

I too have so much trouble getting REALLY started. Am way too easily and to often distracted by other things. Problem is can tell you to not let you distract by other thinngs, but it probably won't work. I just accepted the fact that I let myself wonder of on to other projects now. It slows me down immensely BUT I know for a fact that while doing this I learn so much.

So although I am getting there way too slow, I will get there. AND with a lot of extra knowledge. And that will make my next project muche easier and quicker.

But like other people say, you do have to make that jump.

You know, that whole Internet Marketing business is just way too much fun and interesting. That's the whole deal. If you're like me, you want to know how it ALL works.

Good luck! And have some fun along the way! ;)
For a sceptical view on things:

frankirish
Trust:
Xenopus - Thanks for that...we WILL get there!!

Alastair - if you want to let me have your email address I'll give you my contact numbers so we can chat and arrange to meet up to discuss this little venture. My address is:

frank(at)nbhm.com Change (at) to @.

All the best to everybody who have commented on the topic I raised.

Frank
lester269
Trust:
Hi Frank!

How's it going in the Far East?

Have sent you a Private Message (PM) with my email address details.

Catch up with you soon.

Cheers,

Alastair

frankirish
Trust:
Hi Alastair

Not received your email yet...my address is: frank@nbhm.com

Cheers

Frank
andymurray558
Trust:
nothing makes men perfect then to practice.. so i will suggest you to join some company of affiliate marketing management so you will have experience in them.....
good luck

This topic was started on Jun 25, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.