Affilorama Birthday
Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

What is the best "pop up" style to use?

nates450r
Trust:

What is the best "pop up" style to use?

Hay everyone, just quick question, i have recently redisigned/updated one of my websites and would like to inform all visiters.

So i figure a pop up is the best way, however i remember a while back the word was that pop ups were not good, or google did not like them or somthing to that affect.

But i still see people using them on affiliate sites- i personally like the lightbox effect but thats not an option on xsitepro.. so what pop style should i use?
POP IN--POP OVER---POP UNDER--SITE EXIT???

Thanks..Nate
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
pop over seems to work the best. popups don't really work so well now that most people have pop up blockers. pop overs work as a java script on the page so the blockers wont block it. pop unders, people tend to ignore and simply close because they don''t know where it came from.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

esolutions
Trust:
I agree with James based on my own experiences:)
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

bluezen1014_612
Trust:
I use hello bar as a popover on my site. It's not as intrusive and you can customize it to however you please.

I think more people are likely to x out of a pop up if they don't know what the website is really about, so I give them time to figure out if this is a website that could benefit them.

Also, with popovers, try to wait at least 20-30 seconds before it appears on the screen. I've noticed a lot of sites that have popovers, pop up instantly-- (it personally drives me nuts because I have no idea what the site has to offer and it's already asking me to sign in).

But definitely check out www.hellobar.com.... it a pop up that slides down from the top of your page and it's a lot less annoying:)

This topic was started on Aug 05, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.