Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

What Is The Best Free Wordpress Theme To Use?

juderm
Trust:

What Is The Best Free Wordpress Theme To Use?

I am new to this affiliate marketing and I have been using Wordpress for my sites but sometimes I have problems on understanding how to use them. Some of the themes are very complicated. Like adding a sitemap is very confusing to me and some other tools to use like switching to 2 columns from one, adding contact, etc. I am using the theme NEWS for one of my site. Is there any best FREE Wordpress Theme that you can recommend me to use? I would appreciate your answers. Thanks a lot!
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Really, if you want free themes, you either have to know a lot of coding, or you have to deal with what you get. Premium themes will cost a little money, but they are usually easier to customize.

Some things such as adding a sitemap, custom 404 pages, and custom menues can be done through plugins. you don't have to have them in the theme itself.

Really, when choosing a theme, free or premium, it depends on what you want. different themes will give you a different layout and design features. Honestly, the 2012 theme that comes as the default WP theme is one of the better free themes out there now as far as customization goes. but it does take some work to learn how to use it.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

PremiumMember
newstart
Trust:
I agree with James. You will get exactly what you paid for. Any theme you use will need to be customized to your standards. Therefore you will have to decide what your needs for the website are so that the theme chosen best fits your specific requirements.
juderm
Trust:
Thanks to all your great answers! Based on your experience what is the best THEME that you used which really fits the affiliate website standards? I am just a newbie and as much as possible I don't want to spend money using a paid theme. I don't have an experience yet and don't want to commit mistake on using the paid theme and waste money. On top of that I can't afford to pay such theme. So as much as possible I want to use a FREE theme. I don't mind figuring out what has to be done but as long as I got the best free theme that most affiliates have used before. That's all I need to start with for now. Do you have any free themes that you have used before other than the default one and that you can say this is one of the best? Thanks a lot!

Jude
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Matt Carter had a simple affiliate theme that he was giving away on his blog, http://mattsmarketingblog.com/wordpress ... ess-theme/ Really, I don't use any free themes so I can't say which is "best". every free theme I have ever used was worthless.

I use Mark's Affilorama theme that you get when you invest in one of his training programs for all of my static affiliate sites. through the training, you even learn how to customize it for your sites.

For my blogs, I use Thesis. it takes a little bit of learning to use, but there are LOADS of youtube videos and Blogs covering how to do things with it.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

mack45
Trust:
I use three themes now one is Socrates theme. It is very easy and has the best support . I am able to get the developer to assist me daily with any modifications on this theme. What I learned from Dan Nickerson was worth the cost of the theme.

I also have had a lot of sales using the theme this month and I also use a review theme because it is working.
Pro at basic WP and keyword research willing to coach.mackaybruce@hotmail.com

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Affilorama members usually use the following themes:

Affilotheme (free for AB and AJ members)
Matt Carter's theme (free)
Thesis (Personal Option $87, Developer’s Option $164)
Socrates (Single Install $47.00, Unlimited Domains $77.00)
Hybrid (free)
Catalyst (Personal Edition $97, Developer Edition $174)

You may also try the themes recommended on this thread: What Is The Best Wordpress Theme For Affiliate Sites?
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

jcdean
Trust:
I would start with Matt Carters Theme. It is about the best you will find for free.
Respect,
J.C. Dean
http://KillYourDayjob.com

This topic was started on Nov 23, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.