Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

What is regarded as duplicate content on Spun Articles

PremiumMember
richie32
Trust:

What is regarded as duplicate content on Spun Articles

Hi all.
I have just spun my first original article for submitting to article directory. I did 10 copies using "the Best Spinner" and went through once producing 4 rewritten sentences for each original.Then I went through again adding synonyms to each sentence. It was slow but experimental!

I ran two of the spun articles through Copyscape Premium compare and got a result of "x number of words the same." (19% or 20%)

On comparing with my original the percentage was 39% and 40%

My question is -
Would this be satisfactory or would it draw a duplicate content penalty?

Kerry
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hi Kerry

Good question but technically theres no such thing as a duplicate content penalty - its just that search engines generally push duplicate content towards the bottom of the pile as they believe search queries deserve diversity (QDD). From what I've been told 25% is the bare minimum with 50% being desirable (or higher if possible).

I know with using AMA that spun articles are unique enough when using the 3x3 rule of changing a sentence 3 times, and changing at least 3 words in each sentence.
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

mack45
Trust:
Hi this is what I get from this when you spin sentences and words the sentences ad to the content so it looks worse than it is because you change ten% of the words to be 100% different same with sentences so the count is skewed. I think you would have to run the article through a more sophisticated program . I would have to agree with Mark 100% but from what I heard about this is some people get to lazy to spin enough and you get bad results. Then no one looks for articles from AMA this product could be so powerful otherwise. I have seen this with other spinners also people just do not care. The last course I was in they just spun paragraphs and did eight paragraphs to an article and submitted them to unique article wizard and got away with it. I could not do this so I bought the magic Article rewriter I work to do my best at the spinning and have an article on Google page one right now and I am finding more all the time in the first few pages of google. The magic system spin works on similar spin as AMA. The only way to keep this option open with google is to do it right and I am finding Marks idea of more different articles fed out slowly will get better end results.
Pro at basic WP and keyword research willing to coach.mackaybruce@hotmail.com

covenantguy
Trust:
[quote="MarkLing"]Hi Kerry

..its just that search engines generally push duplicate content towards the bottom of the pile as they believe search queries deserve diversity (QDD). From what I've been told 25% is the bare minimum with 50% being desirable (or higher if possible)".

Sorry, 25% of what? If you've got 25% of your page coming up as a duplicate you WILL or you won't be penal;ised???
http://johnreason.com/recommends.php?linkid=Affiloblueprint
Build a Successful Website in 12 Weeks.

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
covenantguy wrote:Sorry, 25% of what? If you've got 25% of your page coming up as a duplicate you WILL or you won't be penal;ised???

Mark was saying that your article should at least be 25% different from the original article so that you'll have a good chance to rank in the search engines.
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

covenantguy
Trust:
OK
http://johnreason.com/recommends.php?linkid=Affiloblueprint
Build a Successful Website in 12 Weeks.

This topic was started on Jan 31, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.