Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

What is my website worth? Where do I get this info?

PremiumMember
wosull
Trust:

What is my website worth? Where do I get this info?

Hi guys

Can anyone please tell me where can I go to get a proper evaluation of what my websites are worth if I wish to sell them?

I have tried some free online tools and the results vary greatly... oh and how do I go about selling them? Paypal?

Is it basically transferring the domain to the buyers domain and sending him my websites files?
wollowra
Trust:
Hi There,
I honestly don't think those evaluation sites mean much.
I have seen some really unrealistic figures for some pretty crap sites.
I have also seen some good sites that are worth more than the $25 they say it's worth.

Some considerations for buying a site...
1. The domain is keyword rich and I would like to build a better site around it.
2. The site is making money.
3. If the site is making money how sustainable is it?
4. Can I build it up to earn more
5. What seo has been done so far
6. Does it have a mailing list

The list goes on really but the most important one for me is how much does it make and for how long has it made it.
A site could be claimed to make $100 a month but it is only 3 months old.. I would want to see a better track history than that. Unless I felt I could really expand on the site after doing some research on the niche.

A rule of thumb is a site can be sold for 10 to 15 times it's monthly income.
However, a site is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
wosull
Trust:
Hi Troy

Thanks for the reply.

I have way to many sites promoting clickbank and physical products so I would like to wipe the slate clean and start over and focus on building one site and building links to that site. Not making any money because I spread myself to thin.

Since these sites are over a year old and have about 16 original articles on them (xsitepro sites) and have spent time creating the site and building some links to them can I at least ask a couple of hundered dollars? To cover my costs of putting the site up? The one gets roughly 600 visitors every month and 50 hops (a sale every 2 months or so) the other one only about 30 hops or so every month and no sales.

All one would need to do really is change the aff links and promote. I do understand that people will pay what they want to pay but I am not sure how one goes about correctly pricing ones sites?

I dont want to give them away for less than it cost me to make them then I might as well just sit on them but it kinda bugs me knowing I have all these sites out there that are not making sales and I cant promote them hence me wanting to start over. (I touch here and touch there and waste more time then anything else...)

What do you think?
Thanks

Wayne
wollowra
Trust:
I understand that you want to make your money back but sometimes that is not the case.
If you consider that 15 articles would cost $80-$100 then that will be a starting point.
However someone may want to get a good price so it may only sell for $50 just on that point alone and more if the link backs are good quality.
You may want to read this article by Yaro Starak it is a good article.. nice guy too.
http://www.entrepreneurs-journey.com/26 ... ite-worth/

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
wosull
Trust:
Thanks Troy

I had a read through the page link you sent me. Interesting. And picked up a few other sites that are advertising websites. That alone was a real eye opener (and time sucker) I could browse these listings all day seing what other people sites are like and how they are making money... (here i go getting sidetracked again lol)

This topic was started on Jun 18, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.