14 Mar 08
19 Jun 10 2:08 am
I honestly don't think those evaluation sites mean much.
I have seen some really unrealistic figures for some pretty crap sites.
I have also seen some good sites that are worth more than the $25 they say it's worth.
Some considerations for buying a site...
1. The domain is keyword rich and I would like to build a better site around it.
2. The site is making money.
3. If the site is making money how sustainable is it?
4. Can I build it up to earn more
5. What seo has been done so far
6. Does it have a mailing listThe list goes on really
but the most important one for me is how much does it make and for how long has it made it.
A site could be claimed to make $100 a month but it is only 3 months old.. I would want to see a better track history than that. Unless I felt I could really expand on the site after doing some research on the niche.
A rule of thumb is a site can be sold for 10 to 15 times it's monthly income.
However, a site is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.
-- Robert Brault