Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

What do these xhtml tags mean on the comment boxes?

cezare
Trust:

What do these xhtml tags mean on the comment boxes?

Hi Guys. Blog boot camp member here and its great. I would like to know what these html tags mean on the comment boxes and how best to use them. Your insight is greatly appreciated. All the best.

XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
a is an Anchor tag. The most common anchor being the a href.
b is bold
strong is similar to bold. Without any CSS formatting, most browsers will display text in bold. The difference is that aural browsers (ie those who serf who are blind) do not read the b, but will recognize strong
i is italics.
em (short for emphasis) is for italics what strong is for bold.
strike will put a line through the text.
abbr is for abbreviations.
code usually does a "preformatted" text and uses a font that has even spacing (ie all characters take up the same amount of space).
The other three I think do pretty much the same thing... making a sligthly indented group of text.

If you really want to learn these and see what they do, check out www.w3schools.com . They have tutorials that cover HTML, CSS, Javascript, and more.

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

cezare
Trust:
Hi Grady and thanks.
Cezare

This topic was started on Dec 22, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.