Affilorama Birthday
Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

What can I do to watch online videos successfully?

stargate66
Trust:

What can I do to watch online videos successfully?

Received Mark's email linking to the webinar video with Joel Peterson. After 2 hours it has loaded 4 minutes of the 90 odd minute video and now it has stopped completely . I know the problem is on my side as I am experiencing this with all videos and it is driving me insane! The same applies to youtube videos

Can someone please suggest what I can do to improve (never mind solve!) this problem. I do have the latest version of Adobe Flash installed.

ANY advice will be appreciated!

Thanks
Last edited by faradina on 28 Jan 10 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: SEO

For over all wellness you need a solid Omega 3 fatty acids intake
http://www.earth-edge.com

faradina
Trust:
Looks to me like the problem is your internet connection. It may not be fast enough to give you optimum viewing experience.
What you can do is allow the videos to load first before actually watching. You can do that by pressing the pause button as soon as the video starts playing and then go about your other tasks. When the indicator has gone all the way across (or at least a good way across), you can click the play button and watch.
stargate66
Trust:
Thanks Fara. I know Internet connection speed plays a large role but I have broadband and I have in the past done what you suggest (letting it run in the background). This particular video gets to 4min 25 and then kicks it back to the start (0:00). I've tried a couple of times.

Any other suggestions? This is a limited time replay and I don't want to miss out on the content!
For over all wellness you need a solid Omega 3 fatty acids intake
http://www.earth-edge.com

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
I usually don't have any problem watching videos, but I've tried watching the same one Stargate is trying to watch twice now and get about 15 to 20 minutes into it before it just stops. I watched this last time, and it looked like it was buffering, but just stopped completely.

It almost seems to me like this is using something different because usually I see a "buffer" line on the progress bar, but I didn't see that in this video, even when I had it paused to give it time to load.

(I know it wasn't too far into the video when it happened to me. Both times, it cut out right about where he was talking about what lead generation is.)

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Well, I just pulled it up again and maybe it was just the angle I was looking at it, but I do see the buffer progress this time, so I'll let it pull up... (finger's crossed!)

grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

This topic was started on Jan 28, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.