Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

What Books Do You Recommend For Bed Time Reading?

lukecorden
Trust:

What Books Do You Recommend For Bed Time Reading?

I spend most of my day looking at a computer screen and I like to unwind at the end of the night with a decent read.

This is all well and good for most people but aside from internet marketing I study war and security so much of my bed time reading is heavy to say the least.

So, I figured I'd put the word out that I'm looking for some good inspirational reads that will feed into my internet marketing business world.

It's a common tip that if you surround yourself with successful people you are more likely to begin picking up their habits but if you don't have direct access to them then books are the next best thing in my opinion.

On which note I was hoping Mark might find the opportunity to comment on books that he has found inspiring? And not to forget his staff members - feel free to get involved!

The last two books that have really benefited me are 'The World is Flat' by Thomas Friedman and the 'The 4 Hour Work Week' by Tim Ferris. The first offers a more complex read about globalization and how it opens up economic opportunity, the latter is a typically concise and matter of fact eye opener into the world of outsourcing.

Happy Reading Folks

LC
tonyguitar
Trust:
I spend most of the bed time reading book related to skills or knowledge I want to gain. To run affiliate website, I consistently read books about copywriting skills, niche background knowledge. These books always give me ideas about what I can do for my site.
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Luke,

I am usually surrounded by people who breathe and live affiliate marketing so I tend to read "lighter fare" at night. : ) I do read self-improvement and motivational books from time to time like Rhonda Byrne's The Secret and Who Moved My Cheese. I oftentimes browse my favorite SEO sites as well to keep up with the latest news.

My two cents. Have a good day! :)
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

kinni
Trust:
Hi, everybody- And the day you start reading yourself, you will feel that Pandora Box, inside you, is about to open its mystery...question and answer is within you, just start reading...and the magic is, you do not have to do anything to start reading...just cast a deep, very deep look within....
Ashok Sinha

marketsearch
Trust:
I read your post and I love your motivation and desire for success. Think like successful people think. I read pdf's and watch videos by indaviduals like Brian Tracy, Jim Rohn, Tony Robbins and lately I have found myself attracted to reading articles on the success of large corps and businesses. About their CEO and how they run their business. Very important stuff I have found to enhance your thinking. This is an amazing and powerful tool we have between our ears that if we use it to the way it should then we can do anything within reason.

Pleasant dreams...
Traffic is the lifeblood of your online business. If you can't get a lot of targeted traffic your DOOMED! All the traffic you can handle below => http://teamroughdog.info

lukecorden
Trust:
Thanks for these response everyone.

Cecille, I will have a look out for "Who Moved My Cheese" purely based on the title. But he sound of your reading you might find "The Brain That Changes Itself: Stories of Personal Triumph from the Frontiers of Brain Science" an interesting read. Think - the secret - but backed by pretty solid science. In fact I think the secret actually references it quite frequently whether it recognizes it or not.

Ethan, thanks for these recommendations. I agree, standing on the shoulders of giants is the way forward. I look forward to the day I can pass on my own expertise.

I have recently started reading SEOMOZ- now just MOZ.com. It's pretty decent stuff and I always find Neil Patel's quick sprout posts a good starting point. One way or the other I'm generally down the rabbit hole by the end of the night!

Thanks again everyone. Feel free to add more recommendations!

LC
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Luke,

"Cecille, I will have a look out for "Who Moved My Cheese" purely based on the title. But he sound of your reading you might find "The Brain That Changes Itself: Stories of Personal Triumph from the Frontiers of Brain Science" an interesting read. Think - the secret - but backed by pretty solid science. In fact I think the secret actually references it quite frequently whether it recognizes it or not.

That book sounds interesting and I will make sure to check it out when I get the time. Thanks!

Moz.com is one of my favorite SEO sites. I also recommend KaiserTheSage.com. That blog has plenty of excellent posts on marketing and SEO.

Have a great weekend!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

terry.lewandowski
Trust:
While I read a lot of business and self-improvement books, I find it's important to truly unplug and read fiction. For me, my fix is fantasy. When I was younger (much, much younger) I had read the DragonLance series (three books known as the Chronicle, which is the staring point, and three books known as the Legends, which develops two main characters). They are jointly written by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman. If you are into fantasy, there are great starters. However, there are about 50-70 other DragonLance books now. I have read most by the original authors (as they are decent writers). The other authors who write in the series are hit or miss. The last series was the DragonLance War of the Souls series).

That being said, my favourite business books this year (out of 8 or so that I read) are:

Decision, by Jim Treliving (owner of Boston Pizza, Mr. Lube, and several other chains). An interesting read about Jim, how to started off (worth around $600MM or so, from pretty much nothing), and what he values in decision making.

The Ultimate Sales Letter, by Dan Kennedy (the marketing guru). If you haven't read Dan's books then you should. While this book is all about his copy for print, most of the techniques are just as applicable for online marketing as well.

Enjoy.
Terry
hedy1
Trust:
Wow, finally I found some contacts of people who love reading! I just started a wed site called BOOKSHOPPE. I'm an affiliate for companies such as Sony eReader, Zinio, Amazon, and several others. i do my blog for book reviews and the site for selling. Maybe you'll find some good ideas! Wish I had found affilorama sooner! [http://bookshoppe.cal] [http://bookshoppe1.blogspot.cal]
Heather Butchart

alexforberg
Trust:
Forget Brian Tracy, Jim Rohn or Tony Robbins. (I've read pretty much everything they have released) Try Ayn Rand The Fountainhead. It tells the true story of how an entrepreneur should think, and what kind of persistence and hell one has to go through.
It changed my life, and I would never have been where I am today if I had not read it.
Go check it out.
Watch me. I will succeed.

This topic was started on Aug 24, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.