Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

What are the most beneficial subscription services?

emmittryan
Trust:

What are the most beneficial subscription services?

I have been a member of this community for a week, and let me just say that this is the most benficial subscription site I have ever been a part of. The lessons on webdesign and SEO are full of invaluable tricks and all of the people here seem to know what they are doing. I am starting this topic thread to find out if there are other services I should be a part of in order to obtain my success online.
davmontrose
Trust:
Well for me I would recommend visiting Charles Heflin's site quite a bit. That site has been a huge source of great info for me. Holly Mann has become a friend and is a great influence on me as well.

The are quite a few other site's for Affiliate Marketing, the Wealthy Affiliate, and Affiliate Classroom. But in all honesty, I'm not a member of either of them. I have heard good things, especially about the Wealthy Affiliate.

I really think were in the best hands here, as far as, learning the tricks of the trade, and I really do feel that if we put in the work that needs to be done, that Mark will see us through. I really talk about Affilorama quite a lot in some of the other forums I frequent, because I believe in it so much, and I made my first sale that way, mind you it might of been from an article I wrote about Affilorama to. It is or has been fluctuating between the 4th and 9th spot of Google for the search term Mark Ling. I've managed to make 5 more sales since then, not necessarily affilorama sales but sales none the less, so it's enough to tell me that all this is possible. :P

I've decided that I'm not going to stop until I get to where I want to go, and not only that I want to be known as an Affilorama success story, so I'm really just content with my membership here.

We got great people to learn from here Adrian, Sean, Revimp, Alvin, Superaff, etc etc. Oh and let's not forget Mark, of course!!

Other than that, I am getting most of my list building information through Tim Brockelhurst, and ListMission. I will see how that goes. I've still got a lot of things to implement. Just waiting for my Paypal payment to the hosting company I chose to clear. Sometimes, Paypal will just go through and other companies it seems to take anywhere from 2 to 3 weeks, I guess until they actually get the cash in their hands. But I paid for a year in advance, so at least that's taken care of.

Talk to ya later, Davin
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
G'day Shane,

I honestly think that Affilorama provides you with everything you need in order to become successful. As long as you continue to educate yourself and work your backside off, I'm sure you'll be successful.

Is there anything in particular that you are having trouble with, or a little unsure about?
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
Hi Shane,

I agree with Davin and Sean, you've got everything you need right here and if Mark hasn't covered a topic that you're questioning... ask... it's a very helpful bunch here from Mark down to the members, you'll surely get the answer.

The one thing that we don't have here is a way to capture the emails of your visitors, so you might need an autoresponder. I'm happy with Aweber, it's about $20 a month.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.
emmittryan
Trust:
Thank you guys for your replies. I thought this was the best site around for the developing affiliate, and your comments have solidified that.
PremiumMember
tino
Trust:
Hey Shane,

I was a member of Affiliate Classroom for a while and in my opinion Affilorama is much more organized and Mark seems to spend much more time in the forum answering questions and reviewing sites than Anik did. Mark also keeps adding training as we need it. You are in the right place, this stuff works.

There is enough definitely enough info here to get you started. It’s very important to keep your focus narrow. You have to be careful; if you keep on searching for other programs you will end up learning and learning and never end up doing. I believe lack of focus and info & opportunity overload keeps more people from making money than anything else.

John T

P.S. When you are ready to learn some more advanced SEO I agree with Davin, Charles Heflin's site offers some great information.
Last edited by tino on 27 Nov 06 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Depending on what you want to do... I say just stay here. Just my .02 cents

Adrian,
emmittryan
Trust:
You are right about the whole focusing in on one thing. I am going to stay the course with my government auctions site. I think it is a good topic to center my web presence around, what do you guys think? Anyway, what I was mostly looking for was to find out if there are more subscriptions on top of this one that I should be taking advantage of. For instance, PLRpro.com, or something else Like CaRP, and stuff like that. What do you suggest for forum scripts and blogging stuff? What about article submission sites, any good ones? You know, anything I can learn about in the beginning to get on the right track saves a lot of rework later on (hopefully). Believe me though, this place has the most information of any site like it in my opinion, and I am definitely keeping my dues up here. Thanx again everyone, Shane.
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Thanks for the nice comments guys. I second what Tino said about opportunity overload -- it can be paralyzing when you're constantly being roped into the "next big thing" -- particularly when you're still trying to find your feet.

Remember that I'm never going to recommend anything I don't consider to be worthwhile. I've spent over $50,000 on various products and ebooks and subscriptions over the years, so I'm pretty good at separating the wheat from the chaff at this point. So you can be pretty sure that anything I recommend in Affilorama is going to be worthwhile.

That said, I've provided more than enough information in Affilorama to get you on the right track. A useful way to think is to have your purchases self-funding. ie. You can purchase that $50/month membership once your sites are making $50/ month. That will stop you buying and buying and buying without actually putting any of it to use.

Regards,
Mark
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

emmittryan
Trust:
You the man! Later.
superaff
Trust:
I was also a member of the affiliate classroom. There is some good tutorial there, but nothing that I didn't know. Also, it would be great if Anik was present in the forum like Mark.

Affiliate Classroom also give you a plan, but a new comer in affiliate marketing would be lost there. I only stayed a month, and I unsubscribed. Affilorama is thousands time better.

Focus and you succeed!

I think there is no comparison.

Tino wrote:Hey Shane,

I was a member of Affiliate Classroom for a while and in my opinion Affilorama is much more organized and Mark seems to spend much more time in the forum answering questions and reviewing sites than Anik did. Mark also keeps adding training as we need it. You are in the right place, this stuff works.

There is enough definitely enough info here to get you started. It’s very important to keep your focus narrow. You have to be careful; if you keep on searching for other programs you will end up learning and learning and never end up doing. I believe lack of focus and info & opportunity overload keeps more people from making money than anything else.

John T

P.S. When you are ready to learn some more advanced SEO I agree with Davin, Charles Heflin's site offers some great information.

Sean06 knows what he is talking about!

sean06 wrote:G'day Shane,

I honestly think that Affilorama provides you with everything you need in order to become successful. As long as you continue to educate yourself and work your backside off, I'm sure you'll be successful.

Is there anything in particular that you are having trouble with, or a little unsure about?
Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html

hammiesink
Trust:
In my opinion, nothing has done more for me than the 90 Day Roadmap. I learned all about TrustRank from Colin McDougall and website architecture from Charles Heflin, but nothing provided structure like the 90 Day Roadmap.

It has kept me from wandering around lost and kicked me in the butt to actually get moving.
laterales
Trust:
Lack of focus is by far one of my worst problems. I have so many ideas going on it is just not funny and before I knew it I had 5 projects on the go at once and none of them getting finished. I kept going back and working on my long term labour of love because that is what felt comfortable. Hanging out here has helped me realise that I need to focus, yet I got another convincing email tonight from Affiliate Project X and I am still tempted to buy! Has anyone read this and is there anything new in it?
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Laterales, I've read Aff. Project X and while its a decent enough book, theres nothing in it that you can't really learn here.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

davmontrose
Trust:
I suspected as much Sean, it does look really impressive from the videos and sales copy, and mighty tempting as well, but I sort of figured, this guy can't be teaching anything that Mark doesn't already know. Maybe he might have a different teaching style, but I'm quite convinced that by actually applying what were taught here, we would yield the same results, or close too.

Thanx for the heads up Davin
PremiumMember
belgian
Trust:
Laterales, that's my main problem too.

I do 10 things at the same time.

Although I know this isn't the way to do Internet Marketing, everytime again I suffer from this .... :?

I'm a real multiplexer at times, but it doesn't help me to make more money on the internet.

I have to learn to focus? but will I ever be able to?.. :?

I too think you don't need Affiliate Project X. There so much opportunities on the internet and people who promise you that they have the solution to make you rich from the internet.

That's why I just don't open email-messages at times.

'Hey, Rudy, this will make you rich...' and other subject lines can be dangerous for my bank account.

Yeah, I think everything is covered here and also if Google wants to change something to their algorithm you'll know how to adapt to that.

Very important I must say, ..., we all know if necessary, Mark will do the proper research to help us out.

Anyway, I'm glad someone showed me the way to Affilorama.

belgian :wink:
Discover digital photography

videoman
Trust:
Heres my 2 pence worth

I agree with the others here. Mark has and is providing all you need to make it on the internet except of course your atitude of mind and work effic and nobody can give you that, only you.

The only other places I continue to belong to myself are Plrpro (which I joined on marks recommendation with the offer that he arranged) and article underground.

Saludos Ian
laterales
Trust:
The way that I have found to focus is that I am only allowed to work on one project at a time. I've picked an internet business which is selling my skills, I'm not sure how it will work out, but that is all part of it isn't it! Basically I have to finish this and see it right through to marketing completion before I am allowed to work on something else.

What I hate the most about those sales letters is that they just make me so intensely curious. I have to know, I need to find out what they are talking about. They give everything such intriguing names, they are so good at what they do as this is the exact effect that they want to have and it works like a charm. They follow this up with testimonials of people making hundreds of dollars in their first few hours, I just need to know what they have to say and how it differs from what we already know, it drives me to distraction. I really shouldn't have read it just before I went to bed!

I hate them! :twisted:

PremiumMember
belgian
Trust:
laterales wrote:What I hate the most about those sales letters is that they just make me so intensely curious. I have to know, I need to find out what they are talking about.

I hate them! :twisted:

That's because they are using techniques that have proven to work for most people.
The famous copywriters know how to write sales letters that make you push that 'pay now ' button.

And sometimes I refuse to read them and say:'yeah,yeah, what's it this time?' and scroll down to the bottom of the page to know: 'how much are they asking this time?', which doesn't mean that I'm going to buy.

Or sometimes I just open a email message with a 'urgent message' and close it immediately.

I've been reading Marks comment on the Reese report and this has told me that the products that have proven to work for most people are the ones that you should consider buying.

If a new product or service is released then you should just wait and see what other people think about it. Don't just wait two weeks to figure it out...wait longer, because sometimes it takes a few weeks to spread the word. Let other people 'test' it.

I received a message from someone and he gave me this URL :

http://www.whatscrapandwhatsnot.com

He buys and reviews those products and services, I don't say he's right about everything, but it gives you a direction.

belgian

PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
ahhh, focus, my Achilles heal... too many ideas and too little time :lol:

I read that internet marketers have the highest incidence of adult ADD (attention deficit disorder) than any segment of the population. I guess that's why we always seem to be talking about "lack of focus"

What has helped me is keeping a notebook handy, it's my ideas book. When something pops into my head like "wouldn't it be great if..." I'll jot the idea in my notebook and either forget about it or work on it later.

Another thing that has been HUGE for me is, every week I make a calendar to hang up on my wall. It breaks down everything that I need to do on a daily basis to reach my goal for the week. Since I'm following the 90 day plan, I put what I should have accomplished for the week to stay on course in my end column. This holds me accountable.

For further inspiration, my long term goal for the year is to make $433 a day so the top of each weeks calendar says "road to $433" so I'm reminded of that every hour of every day. I also keep an index card next to the calendar listing my target of $433 and showing what I actual did the prior week.

Hope that helps someone,
PC
PremiumMember
belgian
Trust:
Great ideas, thanks for the tips Promocode.

belgian