Affilorama Birthday
Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

What Are Some Of The Best Affiliate Sites To Build

gregc2001
Trust:

What Are Some Of The Best Affiliate Sites To Build

Hi Everyone I was just sitting here thinking about what are some of the best Affiliate Websites to Build that get the best results.
esolutions
Trust:
Hi,

The best sites are the sites that you research first, fill a need for a hungry market, not create a product and hope to create a need. Be very giving and helpful to your market and you will be paid back many times over.

The best sites will capture emails and engage visitors with frequent valuable content and tips.
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

kate reber
Trust:
You must have a unique niche but it should be falling under most people's interest.Your niche must be something you want to discuss and research.
It will be better if you have that type niche..
Affiliate Manager
www.buzzcreators.com

fastnobull
Trust:
Go for a product review site. It's a good first try when it comes to affiliate marketing and it's really easy to get people to trust your reviews.

You can use wordpress to make a blog-type review site.
joshuas
Trust:
I think it's always easier to start with something you know. Ask yourself, what are some topics that I am interested in? Can this be monetized?

Also, your can look at your own online habits to see what you have bought in the last six months or so. Is there an affiliate program for it? Don't just think of info product though that is an option. Have you bought physical items from Amazon or Ebay? Maybe that item has an affiliate program.

Product reviews are a good start and I feel the best and easiest kind of reviews to make are on things you have personally used. Doing product reviews also mean that conversions will be easier because people are actively looking for it. Of course you will have to back this up with your own keyword research to make sure this is the case.

Hope that gives you some ideas.

Joshua
gregc2001
Trust:
joshuas wrote:I think it's always easier to start with something you know. Ask yourself, what are some topics that I am interested in? Can this be monetized?

Also, your can look at your own online habits to see what you have bought in the last six months or so. Is there an affiliate program for it? Don't just think of info product though that is an option. Have you bought physical items from Amazon or Ebay? Maybe that item has an affiliate program.

Product reviews are a good start and I feel the best and easiest kind of reviews to make are on things you have personally used. Doing product reviews also mean that conversions will be easier because people are actively looking for it. Of course you will have to back this up with your own keyword research to make sure this is the case.

Hope that gives you some ideas.

Joshua

I did not think of building a website about physical products.I will have to start looking into products on Amazon and Ebay and start doing research for what products have Affiliate Programs.Thanks for the great Tips.Now I got all kind of ideas on what kind of sites I can start building .
joshuas
Trust:
Yup, definitely take a look at physical products. A lot of people don't like it because commissions are a lot lower and stuff but I know people who've built an entire business simply by promoting physical products. Personally, what I like about it is that in a lot of cases, the competition is lower because there are just so many physical products out there in comparison to info products. So if you find a good product to promote it shouldn't take too long before you rank well in the search engines for it.

If you're looking for a guide on this, Matt Carter recently came out with Rapid Profit Formula which has had pretty good reviews. He does a lot of physical product promotion so he definitely knows his stuff. I haven't bought his product but I do similar sites so I know it works.

I know James Pruitt (pretty well known and respected fellow around here) has used it though, so you can read see his review here: http://www.jamespruitt.net/best-online-marketing-products/rapid-profit-formula-review/

All the best,
Joshua
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
lol thanks for the plug Joshua. I agree. personally, I think finding a niche base that is a topic you are interested in or already known in at least a little helps. then, you provide loads of quality content and build up a following.

Then, monetization is pretty simple. you identify the needs of your target, and find a product that fits those needs. You don't need to be an expert in your niche (contrary to popular belief, I am not an expert at marketing) you just need to share your personal experiences to build your reputation and authority, know who the experts are, and refer your visitors to products and services that will fill their needs.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

gregc2001
Trust:
joshuas wrote:Yup, definitely take a look at physical products. A lot of people don't like it because commissions are a lot lower and stuff but I know people who've built an entire business simply by promoting physical products. Personally, what I like about it is that in a lot of cases, the competition is lower because there are just so many physical products out there in comparison to info products. So if you find a good product to promote it shouldn't take too long before you rank well in the search engines for it.

If you're looking for a guide on this, Matt Carter recently came out with Rapid Profit Formula which has had pretty good reviews. He does a lot of physical product promotion so he definitely knows his stuff. I haven't bought his product but I do similar sites so I know it works.

I know James Pruitt (pretty well known and respected fellow around here) has used it though, so you can read see his review here: http://www.jamespruitt.net/best-online-marketing-products/rapid-profit-formula-review/

All the best,
Joshua

I will have to take a look at that Joshua Thanks for the Information .
gregc2001
Trust:
jmpruitt wrote:lol thanks for the plug Joshua. I agree. personally, I think finding a niche base that is a topic you are interested in or already known in at least a little helps. then, you provide loads of quality content and build up a following.

Then, monetization is pretty simple. you identify the needs of your target, and find a product that fits those needs. You don't need to be an expert in your niche (contrary to popular belief, I am not an expert at marketing) you just need to share your personal experiences to build your reputation and authority, know who the experts are, and refer your visitors to products and services that will fill their needs.

You are very right James you don't have to be and expert in your niche or and expert at marketing.But be interested in or know something about the niche is going to help out in the long run.The Thing I have been doing is just trying to find a product and become and expert in it.Just got done reading your blog really good content and good reviews also .
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Thanks Greg. I think an interest in your topic is crucial to building a long term business. I have built, and made money with small product specific sites. however, I make a lot more with niche sites and marketing a range of products through building authority and connecting with people.

When I started out, I wasn't an expert, and I didn't pretend to be. I would talk about what I was learning, and when I would mention where I learned something, I would drop in an affiliate link. it takes time and a lot of work, to do that though. Generally I find that up until a new site is getting about 500-600 visitors/day, its all about traffic. ont worry about sales, opt ins, or anything else. often I don't even heavily monetize a new site before that. maybe one or two banner and an opt in form.

Once I get there, I can start looking at converting that traffic into sales. I see a lot of people say that you should only worry about converting traffic, which is good, once you know the basics, but if you cant even get eyeballs on your site, it doesn't matter how good your copy is on your site.

Once I get there though, monetizing it is not that hard, and it largely becomes self promoting. I focus on building fresh content, testing different copy, and working on other projects while the following I have builds links for me for free.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

This topic was started on Apr 27, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.