Affilorama Birthday
Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Weird Awstats jump

swarlley
Trust:

Weird Awstats jump

Hello friends,

I just checked my website's stats on the hostgator control panel with Awstats and noticed something very cool yet odd. I am averaging about 5-8 unique visitors per day on average. I haven't had more than 10 in a day except for Feb 12th in which I had 56 unique visitors. This looks nice to me but I have no clue as to why. Maybe people just wanted to make me smile for Valentine's day, hehehe. It was just a nice surprise for me so although they will never hear me, I wanted to send out a kind "Thank you," to those folks for a motivational boost.
PremiumMember
strongfarmer
Trust:
Its hard to say why, but I suggest you to setup Google Analytics on you site, and you will know where your visitors are coming from etc.
swarlley
Trust:
I'll do that. Is this something that the Blueprint covers? If so, could you point me to the proper week and lesson if you can recall it please. I want to do it properly.

Thank you,
Chris
PremiumMember
mrbelpit
Trust:
To get your site analyzed by Google Analytics, you first need to sign up: go to http://www.google.com/accounts After filling in the required information, they'll likely ask you to insert some tracking code into your 'index.html' page, just so they know you really are the site owner. Follow the instructions until you get to the page that gives you a choice of Tools you want.

You can choose between Webmaster Tools, Analytics, AdSense etc. I use Webmaster Tools and Analytics. Webmaster Tools gives you information on any problems the Googlebot found while crawling your site (this might take a couple of weeks or more unless your site has lots of good backlinks).

Analytics gives you all kinds of information on your visitors, browsers, screen resolutions etc. Cool stuff. Similar to Awstats, but presented differently and a bit more indepth.
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
We cover Analytics in week 9.
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

This topic was started on Feb 20, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.