Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Website for Sale - Must Go!!!!!

johnrambo
Trust:

Website for Sale - Must Go!!!!!

Hey all,

Just to let anyone who is interested that I am selling http://www.howtocuringacne.com

I am not really bothered how much I get for it as like I say its only my 1st one and I am going down the CPA route for my next venture so I am basically looking to offload this. As I am a newbie lol I want to try different things and feel I need to expand.

It is listed in Flippa also http://flippa.com/auctions/94775 . I dont know if this is allowed or not so mods please take out if its against any policies.

What you are basically getting is everything. The keyword rich domain, the actual blog login (so everything that the blog contains you get such as the plugins etc). Obviously though you cant use the plugins on other blogs. Also the hosting is paid until the end of the month.

Now traffic wise, it has had 900 uniques in May so far with 3500 visits and 13000 page views.

It hasnt made any revenue yet but in the right hands it will.

It has WP Robot built in alongwith the related Twitter feed and following.

There is probably more but I cant think just now.

Any questions just let me know.

Stephen
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Stephen,
I am seeing more and more people coming on this forum to sell there sites.
I don't really agree with it myself but hey, I am sure the staff will stop it if it bothers them.
To be honest, I would rather have a separate area for this as a category and I will suggest it to the staff.

as for your site Stephen, I don't want to offend you but this is basically what is called a Spam Blog or Splog.
The content is duplicate content and auto scraped by a robot. They clutter up the internet and offer no real value in my opinion, although some of them are ok with helpful info.. but there is a real stigma attached to these type of blogs.
The only real thing of value here is maybe the domain name.
Anyway, hope you get what you want for it..
Kind Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

johnrambo
Trust:
Hi

Thanks for the input. I too would rather see a for sale section as it would make it much clearer and people who go into that section know what there looking at, instead of coming to the Hangout and seeing Website for Sale every few threads.

I understand what you're saying re the "splog". As the niche people go for becomes more and more saturated then practically anything that comes out will be duplicate content whether its scraped or from rewritten articles.

Like I said, its my first site and all criticism is welcome.
wollowra
Trust:
Well I have to disagree with you on that point as all my sites have unique content that was written by me or an article writer through proper and diligent research, but yes I know the point you are making.
I actually don't mind reading some spun content as long as it is good and relevant and written really well.
But I hate clicking on a link and being brought to a splog with scraped automatic content.. just a waste of time and energy in my opinion.
anyway.. again, please don't think I am having a dig at you.. we all have to start somewhere.
Kind Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

This topic was started on May 20, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.