Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Webmasters motivators

webmasters
Trust:

Webmasters motivators

Hey - what do you think that is the most motivating for webmasters? besides - money?
$100 PPS / 50% Commission / 20% Referrals
Oranum, Psychics on Webcam,

http://tinyurl.com/7wwnoyj

chidi11
Trust:
If money is you motivation you need to find another business. You need a love for what you are doing because there will be times when that is all what keeps you going
webmasters
Trust:
Hey - no sorry - you misunderstood me - for me, I love what I do - as an Affiliate manger. I do.

But I need to motivate my Webmasters more - and each single person I ask says that money motivates them - I am sick and tired of hearing that - this is why I asked what else do you think ?
$100 PPS / 50% Commission / 20% Referrals
Oranum, Psychics on Webcam,

http://tinyurl.com/7wwnoyj

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Honestly money isn't as much of a motivator as the things that money can buy. In this tough economy, people want more money so that they can pay for the things they need and want in their lives.

I happen to agree though that love for my niche is one of my biggest motivators. i am more motivated by seeing someone I helped achieve something than by doing it myself.

In my consulting, I am motivated by seeing the people I coach actually get results. It helps me to see that I am not wasting my time or theirs.

Sometimes, I get more giddy from seeing a student start getting sales than when I get them myself. But then, I'm wired differently than most people, so probably not many people who will agree with me.

I also have to believe in the product I am promoting as an affiliate. For example, I would never even consider your program in your sig file (nothing personal by the way, I'm sure you do a great job...) simply because I have very strong personal views about selling certain aspects of spirituality, and most of the psychics out there selling themselves are at worst complete frauds, and at best selling something that shouldn't be sold.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
I think there are many people who have a desire to share their knowledge, whether it pays them financially or not.

Personally, I call it my "teaching streak". Having been an instructor/teacher a few times, I can say that it's something you miss if you stop sharing your expertise with others. Also (as any teacher knows) teaching a subject is one of the best ways to learn it.

There are also many who just love to write - and the WWW makes it so easy to publish your writing and get feedback/new ideas, etc. It's very rewarding.

For example, there are document sharing sites where avid writers and readers share their content and no money is involved (although people also use these sites for backlinks many users do it purely for the fun of writing and reading).
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
webmasters wrote:Hey - no sorry - you misunderstood me - for me, I love what I do - as an Affiliate manger. I do.

But I need to motivate my Webmasters more - and each single person I ask says that money motivates them - I am sick and tired of hearing that - this is why I asked what else do you think ?

Money is a very good motivator if you ask me. LOL. It's the main motivation of just about anybody because you need to have money to access basic needs.

Of course your work needs to hold some sort of appeal to you. I think webmasters would be motivated by fame and/or recognition. That is, their site/s gain recognition and plenty of traffic.
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Cecille L wrote:
Of course your work needs to hold some sort of appeal to you. I think webmasters would be motivated by fame and/or recognition. That is, their site/s gain recognition and plenty of traffic.

I agree with Cecille. You could offer incentive bonus to your affiliates. Incentives often help boost sales for merchants and stimulate affiliates to promote the products aggressively. Affiliates seeing their name / being recognized as one of the top affiliates is a great motivator to work harder.

Having a good relationship with your affiliates would also help a lot. If they believe they could trust you then they'd be willing to work for you.

All the best!
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

chris72
Trust:
Just my .02....

If you need to motivate your affiliates to sell a product then you have the wrong affiliates.

I have promoted several items/programs and none of my affiliate managers have ever had to motivate me or entice me to promote their stuff because I already believe in it and am proud to offer their solution to those who need it - the iPad was just an unexpected bonus ;)

Of course as soon as the product did not meet my expectations as a consumer I dropped it like a hotcake!

Rach :)
Kick-Butt Writing Services http://rachaelmcnaught.com

Outstanding Quality PLR Packs http://niche-plr-products.com

Learn to be a Digital Writer http://thedigitalwriter.net/

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I gotta agree with Rach on that one. If you are providing a valuable service to people, the affiliates will be motivated to promote it for you already. if you aren't you will just attract affiliates who will promote anything they can get their hands on, and they won't do the best job anyway.

I have promoted products for little or even no commissions even when there were other products who had a better offer, simply because I believed in the product and used it myself. When you have an affiliate who is willing to promote your product whether they get paid or not, you have a product that will attract the right kind of affiliates to your program, and they will already be motivated to recommend what you have to their followers.

easyrider
Trust:
For me it is not about the money. It is more about what the money can buy - FREEDOM!!! Also, making a difference in the lives of others is extremely important to me. I could never live with myself if I lied and cheated to make myself rich (as many, many well-known online marketers have). This is what puts me off ever getting into the "make money online" niche - you have to make highly exaggerated claims to actually get people's interest (since most others in the niche are making such claims). The facts are that most of the stuff Internet Marketers teach does not work - at least nowhere near as well as they claim it does. I distrust most of the so-called gurus, except Brendon Burchard and to a lesser extent Eben Pagan and Mike Filsaime.
Greg

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Well, although i agree with you to a point on not being willing to sacrifice my integrity to get rich, i also don't make those wild claims and I do okay within the IM niche. perhaps if i did sacrifice myself I could make more than I do, but I keep to my standards, and seem to do alright.

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Like I said money is as good a motivation as anything else. Most people venture to affiliate marketing to earn. Whether to earn a bit or a lot, it's all the same. It's only that you get to be flexible with your time when you're in a business, which affiliate marketing is. Of course, you need to help others in your website in order for you to gain remuneration. So if you're the type that likes to help and give value in others while making a living , then affiliate marketing's a good fit for you. I think it's all nicely tied together.

My two cents. :) Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

This topic was started on Mar 19, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.