Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Webinar w/ Andrew Fox ... Thoughts?

tangoshoes
Trust:

Webinar w/ Andrew Fox ... Thoughts?

I attended the webiar w/ Andrew Fox last night. I was wondering what other people thought of it? I only stuck around for about the first 20min... Did he ever get into how he list builds?

My thoughts:
We all know the catch of these webinars... the marketer will show you a really great way to make money online and you get all excited and you wana go start implementing it right away and then he/she tells you that he/she can make it easier for you and you think "wow I could do this in my sleep and make millions w/ this product".... and they hope you go buy the product and you go to the sales page and hope it is in your budget.

It's a great way to sell stuff... It follows the sales processes to a "T" and hey... we all know why these gurus are giving us free advice.... eventually they make money at it some how. I enjoy attending these webinars just to hear what the new strategies are 99% of the time I don't buy the product because I don't have time to implement something new.

I've been following Andrew's product for a few day's through mark's e-mails. I was excited for this webinar because this product was extremely expensive... around $1k. Most of the time these high priced products contain a wealth of information and the product promoter will give away some of that information for free during the webinar.

I was disappointed with this webinar over all. Andrew Fox admits that he contacted Mark for some information included in this product. He also admits that Mark beat him out on a launch date sales competition. While we know Mark is a super great guru why would we buy a product from a guy who is beat out by Mark when we have Mark's wonderful advice right here?

Andrew Fox seemed evasive to Mark's questions as well. While I don't think that the evasiveness was intentional I just don't think he comes off as an expert to me. I also think making the product tangible was not a good idea. What market is aiming for? Internet marketers love information but they want it NOW. Charging $40 to ship some DVDs just makes me angry and inpatient. It makes his product seem infomercial in nature. If haven't already figured it out.... physical products are returned less because people are busy... they don't want to pay for return shipping.... they know their refund will take forever... these types of things are common knowledge in the infomercial industry (yes I did work selling products like the total gym, ab lounge, slender tone, at a call center)

Andrew seems to think that even new people should be targeting products in the make money niche. This is a crazy idea to me. I'm know PotPieGirl would agree with me. You may be able to sell a book on how to grow tomatoes even if you have never had a garden or a book on how to cure a yest infection (Mark's favorite product) if you are a guy because the information is old, it never changes, it's a smaller niche but to claim you are a marketing guru to sell an e-book when you are just starting out is a whole different ball park.

How can we be expected to trust a guy who says hes a guru (and yes we know he's made money) when he says it is easy to duke other people into believing you are a guru when you are in fact not?

The people in this forum (internet marketers) are special to me because they are the only people in my life who understand my goals, my dreams, why I work so hard. I would never ever want to make them think I was a guru in order to get their money when in fact I am not. Thats like a brother in-law telling you hes a real estate genius and getting you to invest in swamp land.

Keep in mind I only stuck around for 20 minutes so I can only comment on that portion. I hope it got better. That's why I'm asking you guys what you thought of it. Even better, did anyone buy the product? Let us know how it is!

Thanks,
Amanda
Free AMA alternative:
http://www.freetrafficsystem.com/a.php?p=15706
Outsourcing for $200/mo 40hr/week:
http://store.replacemyself.com/?aid=3884

mack45
Trust:
Great post Amanda I passed on the whole webinar I have been over at the warrior Forum and had my fill of guru du du for the week. I know one thing for sure their is more money in selling to the guys learning marketing than teaching them because no one holds back when they have you in a course. I am glad to have this forum after joining a few others but I still think they should keep the ads to the classifieds and quit spamming the forums. Just reading your posts I am quite sure you will make good marketing because you stay with the work and do not waste time with the hype. Are you using US free ads I have tried them before and made the mistake in not tracking them to see where the sales were coming from. I am thinking I am going to try them again because I can get three or four backlinks from each ad anyway. I will post when I find out more. Bruce
Pro at basic WP and keyword research willing to coach.mackaybruce@hotmail.com

tangoshoes
Trust:
I have not used US Free Ads as of yet. I have heard good things about them though... I just imagine there are a TON if internet marketers using them. I suppose the back links are good though!
Free AMA alternative:
http://www.freetrafficsystem.com/a.php?p=15706
Outsourcing for $200/mo 40hr/week:
http://store.replacemyself.com/?aid=3884

profitview
Trust:
He's from Northern Ireland and we're the best......
not many of us about, you'd have to meet the real item to understand the charm.......

jc

ps. I am a new to AM however this guy Andrew Fox seems to know what he is talking about......
mack45
Trust:
Hi I am not sure how many people are using them but I do get a bit of traffic from them and 3step ads. I have a three step ad that is on the first three pages of goofle and has been for months. I have had two or three of the ads do this good. That tells me the seo must be good.I do not think many marketers have the energy to do all the work I have seen your posted aggressive plan and it mirrors my first selling campaign. The only difference is the two ad sites. I have noticed that my sales dropped of bad as soon as the ads run out. I am starting to do more and more ad tracking to get all the data for the best complete marketing system for each type of product.
Pro at basic WP and keyword research willing to coach.mackaybruce@hotmail.com

This topic was started on Feb 26, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.