Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Watched all the lessons - now some questions

mayupolo
Trust:

Watched all the lessons - now some questions

First of all...hi everybody!

I just finished watching all the lessons and I must admit it is more than I expected as I was very skeptical to buy Affilorama. There is definetly a lot of very valueable information in the package, but I still have some questions.

I am pretty much a total newbie to this whole internet marketing and affiliate programs thing. It all sounds very promsing and I definetly understand the whole concept much much better now, but some things just weren't that clear to me. So here it goes:

1) How do I set up a "Click Bartering" site? It doesn't look to be a very complicated site but there must still be something to it. The way I understood it is, no matter what a person is looking for on Google, sites like best4sites, will have a page full of google adsense ads that are relevant to that specific search term. I imagine you could start a site like that on a low budget but maybe there is more to it than it seems at first glance. This brings me to my next question.

2) I had a really hard time deciding if I wanted to invest the money into this program because I dont have much of a disposable income. So my question is: As a someone on an extremely tight budget, what are the SPECIFIC steps that you would recommend to start off in affiliate marketing to make some money that then could be re-invested in more expensive marketing techniques like Adwords or for articles written by ghost writers on Elance?

3) One thing that actually surprised me a lot is that there wasn't a concrete lesson on how to actually start selling through affiliate programs and products. I get the concept: You direct traffic to the page of someone selling a product and you get a commision if that person buys the product. But, since I am a NEWBIE, I would like some help on how to integrate the product into your page, how to create that blank page that redirects the person to the sales page and how and where to include your hoplink and make sure it is working?

I am sorry for this long post and maybe some of these questions are simple to answer, but I really dont know where to start now that I have watched all the lessons.

I have an idea of the type of products I want to sell but dont really know how to get going, mainly due to the fact that I dont have a high budget for Adwords, Overture, Elance articles and other software products mentioned throughout the courses.

Thank you very much for making it this far down the post :) and thanks for any advice or help you can give me!

Regards,

Mayu
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
1) How do I set up a "Click Bartering" site? It doesn't look to be a very complicated site but there must still be something to it. The way I understood it is, no matter what a person is looking for on Google, sites like best4sites, will have a page full of google adsense ads that are relevant to that specific search term. I imagine you could start a site like that on a low budget but maybe there is more to it than it seems at first glance. This brings me to my next question.

Make sure when you set one up that you only bid on search terms that best4sites or 8bestsites bids on, so that you know you are bidding on profitable search terms. Bid as low as you can, and also track your progress so you know which search terms are profitable and which arent. Remember, google isn't the only search engine, there are others, such as kanoodle, and findwhat and others, some of which allow only 1c per click (although often not high quality, but not bad for experimenting, I like findwhat).

2) I had a really hard time deciding if I wanted to invest the money into this program because I dont have much of a disposable income. So my question is: As a someone on an extremely tight budget, what are the SPECIFIC steps that you would recommend to start off in affiliate marketing to make some money that then could be re-invested in more expensive marketing techniques like Adwords or for articles written by ghost writers on Elance.com?

If you don't have money, that's fine (so long as you have a minimum amount to pay for webhosting and domain registration), but you must replace the money with TIME. Put more time into article writing, be VERY careful about which topic you choose to start on, because when you are on a budget, you really want all your time to be time well spent.

Are there any topics you know a lot about, so you can write articles? Otherwise, put together a dozen article websites based on a B2B topic, and get the articles from free article websites, such as ezinearticles.com and others. I recommend having your own articles though, because then you can submit them to article websites and when other people put them on their websites, they have to link to you. Hence helping your google PR and ranking.

One less expensive way is to purchase private label articles, such as privatelabelarticles.com or similar sites. You pay a monthly fee and get private label articles written for you. Another way is to pay bottom dollar for elance writers, I know of some who charge only $2 per article, however you will need to proof them as their english is usually pretty average.

Let me know what your plan is and I will help you. What topic are you going to go ahead with? I recommend B2B, and can make suggestions if you are stuck. I can't reply for a while though because I'm leaving for UK tomorrow and will take me a couple of days to get there. Then I will be back online to help you.

3) One thing that actually surprised me a lot is that there wasn't a concrete lesson on how to actually start selling through affiliate programs and products. I get the concept: You direct traffic to the page of someone selling a product and you get a commision if that person buys the product. But, since I am a NEWBIE, I would like some help on how to integrate the product into your page, how to create that blank page that redirects the person to the sales page and how and where to include your hoplink and make sure it is working?

Thanks for letting me know what you want, a lot of the people I gave affilorama away to before launch already knew something about affiliate programs, so it was hard to uncover exactly what customers like you wanted. I will create a 30 day roadmap that will tell you what to do for your first 30 days. Please give me a few weeks because I'm off to the world internet summit in the UK tomorrow and will be away for 3 weeks.

I will be online to help via the forum and private messages, just won't be able to get the roadmap video/written lesson series created till I get back.

All the best, remember first thing is choose a B2B topic that pays high per click amounts. Make it something you can make a variety of websites about. Eg Manufacturing - there's plastics, copper manufacturing, rubber, etc. Or something else, whatever it is, you want to put them together to form a mini community of sorts, kinda like having all the greens on a monopoly board, it's more valuable than one property each from a different set.

Best regards,
Mark :)
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

mayupolo
Trust:
Thanks Mark, for your advice and the quick response!

I am sure Affilorama was a good investment it just probably is going to take me longer to really get going because of no previous experience, but I am confident that patience and dedication will pay out sooner or later ( I hope sooner, hehe).

They topics I am very comfortable with are languages (Spanish and German) and travelling ( I have lived in 5 different countries now). I realize that these topics wont have pay-per click ads that pay out high amounts so I am going to look into B2B topics. Do you think you could even just make some sites that review B2B sites for their user friendliness? That way you don't really have to be an expert but can check out the sites from a customer point of view and therefore give out valuable information to people visiting your own site. What do you think, good or not so good?

Thanks again,

Mayu

P.S. I hope you had a good flight! I know how stressful these long flights can be even though the longest I have been on my way were 24 hours (in a plane at least, I once travelled to Italy from Germany by bus and that took me 36 hours!!!). Have fun in the UK!
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Thanks Mayu, I'm leaving tonight.

Hey, if you are confident with Spanish and German, then PERFECT. They do pay out high amounts, look at rocket spanish, 75% for a $99.95 sale.

Rocket German will be online in the next 8 weeks also.

Rocket French is also online and will be rising in price to reflect its' new interactive audio course addon in the next 8 weeks too.

After that, i'll help you with b2b.

Talk soon (once I get to london), just a note to everyone else who doesn't know, I'm off to UK today for the world internet summit, so will be away for 2 days (I may be able to check forum from an airport, but no guarantees), I'll be back online soon!
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
MarkLing wrote:Rocket German will be online in the next 8 weeks also.

Nice! I decided to learn German this year, but couldn't find many well paying affiliate programs. I can see a review page going up...
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

sharon69
Trust:
Hi,
I am also a newbie and have nearly finished all the lessons but am totally lost as what to do first?
I have seen an article on salehoo.com which is on the 'wholesale sources' page on left hand side which relates to buying 'your own little cool website'
Would this be a good place to start if you do not have a website or the first clue at what to put on your site?
Or would it be best to wait for the road map!
Nice meeting you at London Mark,
Hope someone can help me to start me on my road to some extra money!
Good luck everyone!
Sharon.