Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Using a pen name for products

PremiumMember
thebigventure
Trust:

Using a pen name for products

Hey guys, just a quick question. Can you use a pen name for any products you create?
eg. I know Eben Pagan is a great IM guru, and he sells products in that niche under his name. He also has a huge line of dating products under the pen name David DeAngelo. If you google both, you will see same pictures etc. So he is using his same face but just different names. I guess this can help with not being a "pro" at everything in every niche, when selling products.
But my question is, if I plan on being an expert in 2 niches, but I want to use my face in both, can I still do what Eben did and use 2 different names? Is there a restriction to this? Or a law or something? I dont want to be seen as an expert in 2 areas as it might reduce my authority, but I'm happy to use my face twice (if anyone notices).
http://www.TheBigVenture.com - Started 6 years ago...finally making $15,000+ per month now!

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Instead of a picture, you could use an avatar like a caricature or a similar image. Our tests have shown that a cartoon is just as affective as a photo of the owner.

You could also check the comments on this thread: Giving your pen name a face?
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

PremiumMember
thebigventure
Trust:
Awesome thankyou very much for great advice as always michelle
http://www.TheBigVenture.com - Started 6 years ago...finally making $15,000+ per month now!

This topic was started on Jun 15, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.