Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

upgraded affilotheme

ellatep
Trust:

upgraded affilotheme

I upgraded my theme to the latest affilotheme, changing all my pages to posts. My front page did not convert over to a post so I used a plug in to convert it to a post. Is the front page meant to be a post or a page? When I convert my front page back to a page the sidebar disappears. So I left it as a post so the sidebar shows. Im just wondering if the front page is meant to be a page or a post and if its meant to be a page how do you keep the sidebar appearing?
Thanks
PremiumMember
kieran
Trust:
Hi ellatep

I had this problem as well. I assume you are using WordPress? If so, go to Settings/Reading/Front Page Displays and select "Your latest posts". This will restore your sidebar.
I don't think there is any way to have one post always displayed as a "front page" unless you do some fancy stuff with "published dates". I decided not to bother.

Hope this helps.

Kieran
Kieran

www.moneymakingbuzz.com - the Key to Online Wealth
www.buildthingsdirect.com - the Top Site for Home Improvement Projects

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
If you're using Affilotheme 3, then the homepage should be a post. You could set a post as your homepage via Dashboard >> AffiloTheme Options page >> Whole page tab >> Choose a Homepage.
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

ellatep
Trust:
Hi Michellerama

Yes I am using affilotheme 3.2. My front page is a post but when I make it a post I lose the table: Front Page Displays, your latest posts, a static post, Front page: or Posts Page under Settings and Reading. This table completely disappears, I thought you would need the table for blog options which is what I wanted. Is this table supposed to remain?

Thanks
ellatep
Trust:
When I make the front page a post the squeeze page options disappear as well. Is this meant to happen too?
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Would it be possible to give us temporary access to your WP admin area to check what's causing the error? If so, please send your site URL and the temporary login details to Affilorama support.

You may create a temporary administrator user in the 'Users' menu of your WordPress site. From your dashboard, go to users on the left hand side. From there you can add a new user, and set the status to admin. Once the staff is done and the issue is resolved, you can delete the user or change the password.

Talk soon!
Michelle
Customer Support

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

covenantguy
Trust:
My first AB website says the installed theme is Version 3.2.196. Is this the latest Affilotheme,?? I thought Affilotheme had a lot of options- my website looks old and I don't see too many options. I remember updating from pages to posts but I dont remember updating to the very latest Affilotheme..

Also it has no categories, because in the early theme based on pages you didnt need them, If I supply categories to post now and add them to the post links will that stuff up all my permalinks?
http://johnreason.com/recommends.php?linkid=Affiloblueprint
Build a Successful Website in 12 Weeks.

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi covenantguy,

You have the previous version of Affilotheme. You can create categories and assign articles under them. You can go to Affilotheme > Sidebar and set the sidebar to display Categories instead of listing all articles.

Hope that helps. Have a good weekend!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

covenantguy
Trust:
Hi cecille
Is it easy to upgrade to the latest version-or does it cause a messy technical sitatio? Have yu goyt the lastest link to the new theme s I can activate it on this particular site?

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi covenantguy,

You can get the new Affilotheme here (Affilorama login required). I suggest you back up your Wordpress site first, then install Affilotheme and activate it. You may follow the instructions at the following support page:

Install Affilotheme through c-Panel

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
Also, please be aware that a full backup of a WordPress blog is not simple. You should first review the WordPress Codex on how to backup.

I highly recommend always using the "WP-DBManager" plugin. If you use it, also make a backup there, then download as well. Note that the WP-DBManager plugin does NOT replace the backup process in the WordPress Codex. Do both.

Hope this helps....
_jim coe
covenantguy
Trust:
Hi
Thanks for your advice.

Can I use Firefox Fire FTP plugin to upload the Affilotheme file ? (becuase tha't's the only FTP I know how to use)
And do I have to create an Uploads folder first within wp-content ?

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
covenantguy wrote:
Can I use Firefox Fire FTP plugin to upload the Affilotheme file ? (becuase tha't's the only FTP I know how to use)

You could try to use Firefox's Fire FTP but we recommend Cyberduck. It seems to work well with Affilotheme.

covenantguy wrote:
And do I have to create an Uploads folder first within wp-content ?

Check if there is an uploads directory within wp-content. You need to create the uploads directory if it does not exist.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.
Michelle
Customer Support

covenantguy
Trust:
I uploaded the new theme to my themes folder using Fire FTP but then noticed I already have two previous themes there- affiloblueprint_theme_1.2 andAFFILOTHEME from Dec 2011. Which would be the latest of those two-becuase that's presumably what my site has at present.

Do I delete any of those themes to avoid confusion? And , following the instructions, it says to right click on the affilotheme zip nad extract all into the themes folder. Do I do all of that in the FTP screen?

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
covenantguy wrote:Do I delete any of those themes to avoid confusion? And , following the instructions, it says to right click on the affilotheme zip nad extract all into the themes folder. Do I do all of that in the FTP screen?

No, you don't need to delete the old Affilotheme versions. Just activate AffiloTheme 4.0 on your WordPress dashboard after adding theme into the themes folder

covenantguy wrote:And , following the instructions, it says to right click on the affilotheme zip nad extract all into the themes folder. Do I do all of that in the FTP screen?

No, you can't extract the files thru FTP. FTP just transfers the files to the server. Once the files are in the server (upload process is 100% complete), then you don't need to use FTP to extract, edit or move your files. You do those through the CPanel.
Michelle
Customer Support

covenantguy
Trust:
Dont know what you mean. I dont have Hostgator-a friend hosts my account. The file is in the server
because I FTP'd it there. In the "themes " folder I see :
index.php
affilotheme.zip
twentyten
and the old affilthemes I already mentioned

ONly the recent one says ".zip"

When , where and how do I unzip it please??
Do i log in to my site and do Install theme and upload the zip file because I cant see it in the themes listed in my Wordpress dashboard.? I remember last time I installed affilotheme it had to show two other files called "super massive" and something else-or it wouldn't work..

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
covenantguy wrote:Dont know what you mean. I dont have Hostgator-a friend hosts my account. The file is in the server
because I FTP'd it there. In the "themes " folder I see :
index.php
affilotheme.zip
twentyten
and the old affilthemes I already mentioned

Only the recent one says ".zip"

Yes, you should see the affilotheme as a zip file in the themes folder after uploading.

covenantguy wrote:When , where and how do I unzip it please??

After uploading, you would be able to extract this if you right-click on the affilotheme.zip file and select extract to unzip the AffiloTheme files into the themes folder. Check if affilotheme.zip is being unzipped in the themes folder then click Extract Files to proceed. Click on the close button once the theme files are unzipped. You would see the affilotheme_2 folder in the same level as the Twentyten theme.

Then go back to the wp-content directory and make sure that uploads folder exists. Please create the uploads directory using the Create Folder button if this directory does not exist. Do not delete or rename any existing uploads directory.

Login to you WP dashboard and activate Affilotheme.

You'd be able to find the instructions above with screenshots on this page: How do I install AffiloTheme using C-Panel?
Michelle
Customer Support

covenantguy
Trust:
covenantguy wrote:When , where and how do I unzip it please??

michellerana wrote:After uploading, you would be able to extract this if you right-click on the affilotheme.zip file and select extract to unzip the AffiloTheme files into the themes folder. Check if affilotheme.zip is being unzipped in the themes folder then click Extract Files to proceed. Click on the close button once the theme files are unzipped..

I right clicked on it and its doesn't give the Extract all option, only "open" open with", ,"View on Web" "FXP" etc !

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
covenantguy wrote:I right clicked on it and its doesn't give the Extract all option, only "open" open with", ,"View on Web" "FXP" etc !

Can you please give us access to yoru CPanel so that we could replicate and try to resolve your issue?

If so, please send your site URL and login details to the Affilorama Support Center
Michelle
Customer Support

This topic was started on Jun 03, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.