Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Understanding Clickbank Analytics

nates450r
Trust:

Understanding Clickbank Analytics

kust a short question- Can someone explain to me how to read understand the stats please?
such as performance. I really want to know how to tell wether or not im doing well.

I just dont know how to read the stats or what all the tables mean Below is a screenshot of my cb account i am promoting 4 products but have only been selling 1. But I dont know if i have below-above average stats.. can someone explain please? thanks

nates450r
Trust:
Sorry is so small
PremiumMember
richie32
Trust:
Hi,
I have a question along the same lines. It appears that you are doing better than me nates450r however.

My website is 3 months old and I got my first sale on 28 February and since then I have started looking at stats. So far this month (March) I am averaging 104 unique visitors daily.
I am getting an average of 65 hops per day but...

It takes 409 hops per initial sale
24 hops for order form impression
17.33 order form impressions per initial sale (5.77% conversion)
I have no idea if this is good or bad or how to improve sales other than increase traffic. I do get the feeling that wih 65% of my traffic clicking hoplinks there should more sales and I therefore wonder about the vendors sales pitch!

Cheers
Kerry
nates450r
Trust:
Well it seems you understand it a little better than me- i look at the stats and i have no idea how to translate them into overall website performance- might as well be written in chinese lol
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Guys,
There you go...
http://www.clickbank.com/help/account-h ... rting-new/

Hope that helps.
Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

nates450r
Trust:
wow that clears a lot up thanks

however can somone give me a good average or percentage to try and stay at?

EXAMPLE--- a good adwords campaging would have a CTR in the double digit's
PremiumMember
richie32
Trust:
Hi Troy,

I can understand the analytics but it is the results they show that concern me more. From my figures it takes 409 hops to get a sale so if instead of 65 of my 104 visitors clicking the link the whole 104 did I would still require 409 visitors for a sale !! In the real world that percentage would be impossible I think. Ideally with the commission I get I would like to be getting at least 10 sales a week and and that translates to 4090 visitors weekly or with my current stats around 6-7000 weekly

I imagine that is a high number and not easy to achieve but this is of course what I would like to know. Is that sort of traffic feasible and if so how long does it take to reach that level. Are my stats way below the norm, normal for age of site or OK?

Kerry
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Kerry,
The traffic is feasible depending on what Niche you have chosen and the keywords you use.
If you get 3000 visits to your site per month and you have 65% clicking through to the vendors page (1950 hops) then at a 1% conversion rate on the vendors site...you should get 19 or 20 sales per month, according to those stats.
However, all traffic is not the same.

You can not count apples for apples as every visitor is different and has different wants, needs, problems and desires. If we were all robots then those stats would be the same every time ( Theoretically ) but you get my point.
It will never be the same from one day or one week to another.. that's just the way it is, no outcome is ever the same when humans are involved ( It's Chaos theory ).

So at present you get 1 sale per 409 hops to the vendor. That equates to .25% (1/4%) or 7 to 8 sales a month (from your 3000 visitors.)
so...
1. This tells me that the vendors page may not be converting very well.
2. A 65% CTR on the hops is good, so your site is fine.
3. You need to use the $100+ a month you get now to build more traffic to your site.
4. Test, Test and Test some more.

There are also many factors that come into play with this and without knowing or seeing the whole picture from your end, it is hard to diagnose.

Your site is 3 months old and will probably be bouncing up and down the search engine rankings for a couple of months more.

Some niches do only convert at .25% sales and others at 2%, so don't beat yourself up about it.
Niche sites can get 10,000 visits a month so keep building traffic.
Keep going is my advice and reinvest the money you make into getting more traffic.
You know your site is getting the hops, but as for the vendors page.. there is nothing you can really do about that.
So that is why I say, get more traffic and maybe get some more buying or problem solving keywords and articles on your site.

Not sure if that helps.
Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
richie32
Trust:
Thanks for that Troy. Fits pretty well with my hunch. I would like to get up to $500 per week which is about 6.5x income for last three weeks. Guess 104 x 6.5 =650 (in round figures) daily visitors would be a good target giving income in that vicinity, albeit with fluctuations.
Regards
Kerry

This topic was started on Mar 19, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.