Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Troubles incorporating my certification on my Web Page

bloodnutssecretgarden
Trust:

Troubles incorporating my certification on my Web Page

I did a couple of lessons, I registered a domain name, I got a certification, it gave me a code to copy and paste within the body>, I did that, did not show up, wondering what i did wrong, is there a tutorial on how to do this?
TYVM (:{~ Juddy
faradina
Trust:
Hi Juddy,

What certification is that and what are you using to build your site?
bloodnutssecretgarden
Trust:
Heya I am using adobe dream weaver, not sure how it configures with the domain, I don't think I have the page on the web, I will check that through my browser.I watched the video about 3 times, i also read the notes,I thought it did it automatically. Also, i paid extra to have a certified trusted site seal put on my page, it told me to copy and paste the code into the body, I tried and no success. Thank you for your patience, I am lost. Regards Juddy, (:{~
faradina
Trust:
I have never used Dream Weaver but from what I know of it, which is not much, you do have to publish your site first. That is the most likely reason why the certification is not working. The provider of the trusted site certification needs to be able to see your site online (with their code in it) for it to work.
bloodnutssecretgarden
Trust:
Too easy,,,ty faradina,,, I spent alot of hours on this,,,today is a new day, thank you again, it helps to have support, (:{~ regards Juddy 8)
myonlinetraininghub
Trust:
Hey Juddy,

Just to add to this, if you have purchased an SSL certificate for site security you need to contact your hosting company to get their assistance in installing it. There's a series of steps for installing SSL certs and your hosting company must do some of these steps.

If your certificate issuer has provided you with some code to put on your site that shows a seal signifying that your site is secure, this is a separate thing to actually installing an SSL cert onto your website.

And as already said, you will need to upload the web page/code from your pc to your web host once you create/save the file in Dreamweaver.

Hope that hasn't confused the issue for you. But if I have confused things please just post a reply and I'll be happy to help.
Phil
Free Microsoft Office Online Training
http://www.MyOnlineTrainingHub.com

This topic was started on Nov 26, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.