Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Treating an online business as a business

rookieaffi
Trust:

Treating an online business as a business

Hi Gang,

One of the first things i learned in IM is to treat it as a business. So, I'm going to form a company.

What I need to know is whether I could register domain names, affiliate programs, adsense in the company's name. Any info much appreciated. Thanks.

Greg
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I would speak to an accountant before deciding if a company is right for you. I dont know where youre from, or how well youre doing, so there might not be any advantages just yet.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

rookieaffi
Trust:
Thanks for your reply.

I was thinking more of the legal aspects and I already know the advantages of operating a business as a company as opposed to a sole proprietorship. I already own a company for my brick and mortar business. And you don't have to wait until you are doing well before you start operating a business as a corporation. You have to do things right right from the very beginning.

My only question is whether I could register domains names, affiliate programs and adsense in the name of a company.
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I'm 99.9% sure that would be fine.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
rookieaffi wrote:Thanks for your reply.

I was thinking more of the legal aspects and I already know the advantages of operating a business as a company as opposed to a sole proprietorship. I already own a company for my brick and mortar business. And you don't have to wait until you are doing well before you start operating a business as a corporation. You have to do things right right from the very beginning.

My only question is whether I could register domains names, affiliate programs and adsense in the name of a company.

Are you saying you want your domain name to be your company's name, or just under your corporation's license?